Page 282 of 295 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How do we make DIck's city important to the character? Do we make him get a job? Make him a cop again or make him help those less fortunate?
    The titans show shows why dick being a cop or 9 to 5 don't work.

Fantastic Member

I don't know wouldn't that also cause him to run into Superman's legacy and shadow too? Maybe the best would be somewhere in the middle. That he is in a darker part of Metropolis where Superman doesn't go much because he looks okay. The only issue is Supergirl and a few others are there so Dick being that might be a little over crowed.
    No because Superman isnt an asshole who makes everything about himself and shadow everyone like Batman is. I mean i dont know the current Superman and how they wrote him badly too, but reestablishing Clark and Dick's relationship would be good for both. Dick needs light and space and adventures, and Superman shines even more as a hero when he interacts right with Dick.

Metropolis might be fun in the beginning but eventually it’ll run into the same problems as Bludhaven. We have seen them move Dick to different cities, if they are gonna change things they need to deviate from the whole idea of him protecting a singular city or neighborhood in general.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-15-2019 at 07:12 PM.

So should he live in a city or no city? Or do we just revise him being in Bludhaven? Why not a teacher? Wouldn't he benefit from a job that is a little like his old life? Maybe an acrobat teacher?

He can live in a city, but it doesn’t need to be his objective as a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Bludhaven is nowhere near important enough to Dick the way Metropolis is for Superman or Central/Keystone is to the Flashes.

He has no consistent ties there. No consistent worthwhile supporting cast or villains. All his important life events and relationships are either in Gotham, wherever the Titans are at or even Metropolis with his Uncle Superman. Bludhaven is dead weight and it should never have been brought back IMO.
    I think thematically Dick moving to his own city was important. It's a staple in the hero community and for younger heroes making it out on their own it's a bit of a milestone. I think it needed to be done. I don't think it's necessarily something that needs to be done now, but I think everyone needed to see Dick owning his own territory.

Creatively, Bludhaven isn't dead or bankrupt, it's just been in poor hands (just like Nightwing himself). Ultimately, it's just a setting and a setting can be good bad or indifferent depending on the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Nightwing impersonators aren't Titans characters so DC won't kill them off.
    One does wonder if they plan on using these guys. Will they be supporting cast members when Dick returns? If 5G is a thing, will they still be Nightwing, since everyone else is getting replaced?

I know everyone here just wants to see them gone, but I swear to the gods I could use them and make them actually viable. All you need is the right hook.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

You could try but their very presence at this point just serve as a reminder to this run. People will reject them for that alone. And quite frankly, why make use of them. Interest in them is zero and they are completely forgettable. There is no upside to using them. They are poorly thought out and executed by lazy out of touch creators who were either too uninvested or just too dim to understand how ripping off We Are Robin with lazy characters like these was at its very core detrimental to Dick and the Nightwing brand. And then doubling down on stupid by turning Dick into their sidekick. They need to go. There is no logician reason to try and salvage them at this point. The best thing they can do for the title is die.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-16-2019 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He can live in a city, but it doesn’t need to be his objective as a superhero.
    Agreed. What should be his objective? Since he wants to be more independent of Bruce. Where or how does he make his money? We know maybe a normal job isn't option.

He should make his money by gambling

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He should make his money by gambling
    Lol. Wait didn't at one point he became a stripper?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How do we make DIck's city important to the character? Do we make him get a job? Make him a cop again or make him help those less fortunate?
    Well, the first thing to do is not make him a victim of Batman's story. As one of the closest allies this is is his designated position.

The second is reestablishing his position in DCU. As the first kid hero, the first leader of the younger generation, and many times the leader of Justice League's main or branch teams, he knows many people should command some respect, not just concerned parental figures. These days Wonder Woman doesn't even know him.

All these are the hardest, nigh-impossible hurdles because of how DC management views him, but it will open a lot more possibilities than just fighting crimes in Gotham's sister town.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Well, the first thing to do is not make him a victim of Batman's story. As one of the closest allies this is is his designated position.

The second is reestablishing his position in DCU. As the first kid hero, the first leader of the younger generation, and many times the leader of Justice League's main or branch teams, he knows many people should command some respect, not just concerned parental figures. These days Wonder Woman doesn't even know him.

All these are the hardest, nigh-impossible hurdles because of how DC management views him, but it will open a lot more possibilities than just fighting crimes in Gotham's sister town.
    How would you do all this? I mean the main 7 JL members respect him for the most part. Which means he and his Teen Titans could be another line of defense.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

How would you do all this? I mean the main 7 JL members respect him for the most part. Which means he and his Teen Titans could be another line of defense.
    Since this is more of a management problem than an in-story problem, well, the old folks have to go. I'm guessing waiting for another ten years at least

Extraordinary Member

Lol. Wait didn't at one point he became a stripper?
    It was for just a few hours

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think thematically Dick moving to his own city was important. It's a staple in the hero community and for younger heroes making it out on their own it's a bit of a milestone. I think it needed to be done. I don't think it's necessarily something that needs to be done now, but I think everyone needed to see Dick owning his own territory.

Creatively, Bludhaven isn't dead or bankrupt, it's just been in poor hands (just like Nightwing himself). Ultimately, it's just a setting and a setting can be good bad or indifferent depending on the writer.

One does wonder if they plan on using these guys. Will they be supporting cast members when Dick returns? If 5G is a thing, will they still be Nightwing, since everyone else is getting replaced?

I know everyone here just wants to see them gone, but I swear to the gods I could use them and make them actually viable. All you need is the right hook.
    I have no idea. It's very unusual that we haven't heard any 5G plans for Dick or any of the characters from his generation. I'm wondering if most of them are going to be killed off or imprisoned. Solicits mentioned that the Batman Who Laughs is going to take control of 666 heroes and make them go on a rampage. I won't be surprised if some of those 666 are the Titans characters who haven't been derailed.