Page 287 of 295 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4424

SPOILER

Doomsday Clock #12

34.jpg

It is irrelevant what memories Dick has now because that isn't the goal of the book anymore. They are just dragging out the story to last until the Summer's 5G thing when they can give the character a new direction again. This is all just filler. This whole Talon story and the upcoming Joker one. It is all irrelevant. The character is still dealing with the same crap he has been since the start of this Ric story. It is pathetic.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus33 View Post
    SPOILER

Doomsday Clock #12

34.jpg
    Classic Batgirl outfit. Interesting... and... Nubia?
    Who's blue and black woman?

That last panel... oh ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you read the solicits, you'd know that by March he's struggling with two sets of memories. January and February were probably just vague to avoid spoilers. He's definitely on his way back. It's just a matter of how soon.
    Dude, if Dick returned the marketing solicitation people would probably be shouting it in big bold print. The books rank is in the toilet. We know Ric is still being dragged out till at least March. And the way the Nightwing team drags out a story Ric could be struggling with memories till 2021. They are just treading water till Batman figures out what it wants to do. This here at the end was the return of Ric. The whole theme of the story here is how the Court is underestimating how powerful who Dick has now become as Ric in their attempt to remake him into who they want. Of course to irony is Ric is someone no one wants, but these creators could give a **** about that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-18-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Shadow Lass.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-18-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Classic Batgirl outfit. Interesting... and... Nubia?

That last panel... oh ffs
    Also is that Jackson Hyde and Luke Fox?

Last edited by CPSparkles; 12-18-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Luke is flying, yeah. Jackson, maybe? He's wearing mostly civvies so I can't tell... maybe because they haven't decided yet if he was going to have a crew cut or dreads. He started out with a crew cut following Young Justice Kaldur but the most recent solicit have him return to his original dreads. So yeah, I think it is Jackson and they didn't know how they should depict him yet.

Batman Last Knight had the best Dick of the week. Bryce is interesting lol.

Oh, good. I usually like how Snyder's Dick is written despite the slapping or punching, in fact, it's always the other characters that look bad when Dick gets punched.

Back to my previous question, where were Dick and Kori living leading up to their failed marriage? Was it the same apartment from NTT and during Jason's Post Crisis reintroduction? New York?

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Yes it is. Luke's in the Batwing armor (above Wonder Woman) and Aqualad is by Aquaman and Jay Garrick.

I haven't read Clock 12 yet so I'm missing the full context here, other than the exposition we can see. But given this whole story has been about the metaverse and constant history alterations, and given the fact that Johns' position in the company seems to be quite different than it was when Clock started, can we really take this image too seriously as a sign of things to come? Yes it mentions 5G and what appears to be a six year time skip (which would support some of the rumors) and a five year plan. But could this be more of a figurative image than a literal one? Is it less a "this is what we're doing next with these specific characters in these exact costumes" and more "the DCU changes all the time but always marches on so here's *a* version of a bunch of heroes marching on, and now here's a teaser for our next Event that editorial made me include"? It's like at the end of Johns' Green Lantern run, he provided the epilogues for the Lanterns but none of that stuff actually came to pass.

I'd believe this is a literal teaser of DC's plans, except it looks like Johns' plans for the DCU that he started in Rebirth are no longer on the table and the "secret Crisis" sounds an awful lot like it involves Avengers. And Wonder Woman is wearing pants, and Dick is Nightwing. Those are two things DC really doesn't like doing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yes it is. Luke's in the Batwing armor (above Wonder Woman) and Aqualad is by Aquaman and Jay Garrick.

I haven't read Clock 12 yet so I'm missing the full context here, other than the exposition we can see. But given this whole story has been about the metaverse and constant history alterations, and given the fact that Johns' position in the company seems to be quite different than it was when Clock started, can we really take this image too seriously as a sign of things to come? Yes it mentions 5G and what appears to be a six year time skip (which would support some of the rumors) and a five year plan. But could this be more of a figurative image than a literal one? Is it less a "this is what we're doing next with these specific characters in these exact costumes" and more "the DCU changes all the time but always marches on so here's *a* version of a bunch of heroes marching on, and now here's a teaser for our next Event that editorial made me include"? It's like at the end of Johns' Green Lantern run, he provided the epilogues for the Lanterns but none of that stuff actually came to pass.

I'd believe this is a literal teaser of DC's plans, except it looks like Johns' plans for the DCU that he started in Rebirth are no longer on the table and the "secret Crisis" sounds an awful lot like it involves Avengers. And Wonder Woman is wearing pants, and Dick is Nightwing. Those are two things DC really doesn't like doing.
    Yeah, I think this is kinda like those Rebirth teaser images when it first came out
    "These are characters that will be available and this will probably be how they look like, but what kind of role they play or how significant remains to be seen"

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dude, if Dick returned the marketing solicitation people would probably be shouting it in big bold print. The books rank is in the toilet. We know Ric is still being dragged out till at least March. And the way the Nightwing team drags out a story Ric could be struggling with memories till 2021. They are just treading water till Batman figures out what it wants to do. This here at the end was the return of Ric. The whole theme of the story here is how the Court is underestimating how powerful who Dick has now become as Ric in their attempt to remake him into who they want. Of course to irony is Ric is someone no one wants, but these creators could give a **** about that.
    The sad part is, I've seen fanfics handle the amnesia thing better then DC has. Some focus heavily on it, others have it as more of a subplot.

It seems maybe Nightwing will be getting something. We see him in his costume.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...edium=facebook

It seems Dick mostly will be moved with Batman in the Black label also if he is there.