Page 290 of 295 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    There is no such thing as better fighter
    What do you mean? I mean in terms of ranking all the Batfam where would Dick rank ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious when it comes to fighters should Dick ever be a better fighter than Batman?
    I think he's definitely faster and more limber then Bruce.

It's comic books. Anyone can beat anyone if the story and writer wants them to. I mean if you try and apply realistic limitations and rank fighters then a 90lbs girl in Cassandra Cain shouldn't be able to beat grown men, but then people would get upset if you do that. Then if you take it the extreme the other way and throw realism out the window and have Catwoman defeating 3 different Flashes with one kick or a Deathstroke defeating the entire Justice League people will get upset at that too.

If you try and apply some sensible logic to it then Dick as a kid was a much better athlete than Bruce as a kid. They were raised very differently, and if both of their parents died when they were around the same age and both started training in martial arts around the same age then Dick should be better than Bruce at comparable ages. Plus Dick was trained by someone in Bruce that knew exactly what Dick needed to know and was on an accelerated course compared to Bruce who had to learn a lot of fighting and things by trial and error. So you could say that Dick at 25 years old is better than Bruce at 25.

But then you could say that Bruce is one of the smartest people in the entire DCU and learns things much faster than everyone. So you could argue that Bruce learned fighting much faster and was ahead of Dick at comparable ages. It all ends up being a formless argument. All I really know is that Dick generally isn't depicted at being better than Bruce in anything because of how the DCU is structured, so I don't expected Dick to be a better fighter. In general Dick tends to get beat up a lot and struggles through his fights. That will probably continue to happen regardless of where he ranks as a fighter.

Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum wrote a Nightwing issue last year, but it was scrapped before it was drawn thanks to the Ric story.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48378-the-...s-no-more.html

I mean, I’ve done some DC work. I did a Nightwing issue right before where Dick Grayson got shot in the head and stopped being Nightwing. The process of making the book took so long though, that by the time it got done, it didn’t even get drawn by the way, because it no longer made sense because of the continuity. [Laughs] So I got paid to write Nightwing once.
    Surely they can just use this script when he goes back to normal?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Paying a writer for work that they can't manage to even produce, ya that sounds about right from this stellar Nightwing team.

Extraordinary Member

What do you mean? I mean in terms of ranking all the Batfam where would Dick rank ?
    Ranking don’t matter. The condiment king can beat Cassandra Cain if a writer says so

Its not even just what the writer wants. Its not a kung fu tournament, technical fighting skills aren't the be all end all.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum wrote a Nightwing issue last year, but it was scrapped before it was drawn thanks to the Ric story.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48378-the-...s-no-more.html

Surely they can just use this script when he goes back to normal?
    Hahaha, just just add it to the list of stuff this Nightwing book has had to deal with. What a mess.

Dennis has done some interesting work. He's a young writer type that DC should just throw on the Nightwing book and let them do some wild things and see if anything works out. It can't be worse than what we've had. It is insane how over-managed this Nightwing book is.

I'm curious would Nightwing ever benefit from Superman and Nightwing arc? We have seen Nightwing also look up to Clark. Wouldn't it be nice to have a story centered around them? I just don't know what would be a nice story.

Extraordinary Member

I'm curious would Nightwing ever benefit from Superman and Nightwing arc? We have seen Nightwing also look up to Clark. Wouldn't it be nice to have a story centered around them? I just don't know what would be a nice story.
    Superman is much like starfire he can visit for a day but that’s it or the story falls apart

The problem is that Clark could just solve all of Dick's problems for him, so despite their relationship, team ups shouldn't happen often.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That reminds me... following my previous train of thought... if Dick marries Kori and move to Bludhaven... the image of the story will be more like Outlaws I imagine, like how Jason and Artemis fighting Black Mask, he had to bring in Bizarro. While Blockbuster's strong, he will need the extra firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That reminds me... following my previous train of thought... if Dick marries Kori and move to Bludhaven... the image of the story will be more like Outlaws I imagine, like how Jason and Artemis fighting Black Mask, he had to bring in Bizarro. While Blockbuster's strong, he will need the extra firepower.
    That would be cool. Isn't Kori in the Titans also? Or now just a outlaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The problem is that Clark could just solve all of Dick's problems for him, so despite their relationship, team ups shouldn't happen often.
    I guess it would depend on what the reason is. I would just like a story with the two.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dick Grayson is not an outlaw, a lot of the turbulence in their relationship came from dick holding back her more aggressive impulses. They worked the best in space, where earth law doesn’t matter. Star can be wild and in charge and free. Dick was free to be a little more underhanded and roguish. That can’t happen on earth on bludhaven or in the bat office.

If you are lookin for that couple then i recommend rouge and gambit

Incredible Member

In kingdom come, Clark and Diana talk about how Bruce can do things and go places they could not. Dick has those skills, has been a lifelong “nephew” to cClark, and would function well inbrighter Metropolis. I think a circus you superhero would fit right in. And Clark can’t really do street level stuff...he could give Dick leads, but Dick could be his own man. I believe there is a long established branch of the Martha WAyne Foundation there for Dick to run.