Page 292 of 295 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295 LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 4424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Needs a new office. I like his Bat ties, and for a while they were beneficial, but the current Bat office is terrible and his Bat ties aren’t really helping him right now. His current editors and creators have sunken him under RHatOs, and they continue to just do more of the same. Nightwing needs out of that office in a bad way.
    And the conversation circle we play goes round and round again lol

Spectacular Member

Needs a new office. I like his Bat ties, and for a while they were beneficial, but the current Bat office is terrible and his Bat ties aren’t really helping him right now. His current editors and creators have sunken him under RHatOs, and they continue to just do more of the same. Nightwing needs out of that office in a bad way.
    but jason not in the bat office only dick

Where should Dick go? I mean would it be best to keep him with Titans or get in a way his own editor within the Batfam?

I would be down for a stint in Metropolis. I wouldn't necessarily want it as his permanent status quo, but it would be a nice Grayson-style sabbatical to help the character grow away from Batman and his world.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentonis View Post
    I would be down for a stint in Metropolis. I wouldn't necessarily want it as his permanent status quo, but it would be a nice Grayson-style sabbatical to help the character grow away from Batman and his world.
    That would be interesting. Wonder how they will treat him differently

I'd definitely support Dick moving to the Super office. The Bat books only use him as a sidekick and allow his own title to be sabotaged for the sake of another title he doesn't star in, or even appear in very often. He's ignored and marginalized and fed to the already fat and glutted Batman. And the entire Bat line seems to be on a downward slide these days anyway. The Bat office changed editors not to long ago right? It shows.

Meanwhile the Superman books have Jimmy and Lois in solo titles which are both unique and interesting, there's tons of world building going on with the Wonder imprint (including Young Justice and Naomi) the Legion is back, and Bendis, love or hate his direction, is building forward with Clark and putting some serious thought into his choices, rather than deconstructing and re-imagining Superman or just throwing stupid shock value gimmicks at us, as has so often been the case over the last thirty years.

Not to mention Nightwing seems like a perfect character for Bendis. After Supeman, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Daredevil, there's no doubt in my mind that Bendis (of all people) would write the best Nightwing we've seen in several years.

Sure, the Super books don't sell as well as Batman does. But who cares when Nightwing isn't selling, or worth reading in the first place?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe the best thing is to kill him off from the Batfam. I mean the only way is if editors and writers wrote Nightwing has if he wasn't connected. That an event kills that relationship off for a while.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 12-24-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Didn’t stop them from making her part of Jason’s supporting cast.
    Cause Jason ist up Bruce and Barbara's butt's like dick.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 12-25-2019 at 03:08 AM.

Since the new 52 im pretty sure Jason has appeared in more Bat events, and has had continual Batman guest appearances in his book. They even put a bat symbol on him.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-25-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Makes me wonder why not have Dick be cut off from the Batfam. Wouldn’t that help more?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Makes me wonder why not have Dick be cut off from the Batfam. Wouldn’t that help more?
    Becuase that means Bruce loosing his first son, babs her first love and Damian brother.

You don’t want to permanently cut him from the family. Also if the bat office can control him they proably won’t allow him to interact with the bat family very much at all. It’s an all or nothing deal

I’m not saying permanently. Just a bit. They clearly don’t know what to do with him many times mins so they put him in Batman books more. I like to see Nightwing both as a Batfam and Independent. That was the reason why they made him Nightwing. To show he can be both. He can stand out . To do that a little cut off time would be nice. Not something to long. I mean if Jason can do his own thing and he still a Batfam it would be nice for Nightwing too. I know Jason isn’t under the Batman editor but still.

Yeah, the original Nightwing concept was that Dick would be seen as the leader of the Titans, not just Batman's sidekick. In other words, an independent hero, like everyone else on the team save Kid Flash (who took over as the Flash a few years later anyway).

Jason not under Bat office... is he in the same office as Teen Titans then? Would make sense, considering he had Starfire and Arsenal with him in the New 52.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean wouldn't the best way is Nightwing is used sparingly in Batfam. That when Dick is there it should be serious. That Bruce and the others need serious backup

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the original Nightwing concept was that Dick would be seen as the leader of the Titans, not just Batman's sidekick. In other words, an independent hero, like everyone else on the team save Kid Flash (who took over as the Flash a few years later anyway).

Jason not under Bat office... is he in the same office as Teen Titans then? Would make sense, considering he had Starfire and Arsenal with him in the New 52.
    I think I remember reading it was the same as Deathstroke, but I may be remembering very wrong. Maybe Dark_T or RedBird know the office that the book is under.

Edit: both Teen Titans and Red Hood Outlaw share the group editor, so I guess they're under the same office now, yeah. I was wrong about the Deathstroke bit.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-25-2019 at 10:11 AM.