Page 37 of 295 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    Last edited by nightbird; 01-29-2019 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Fab 5 as characters, nor as friends on a team. It’s their position in the DC universe, and how they are handled. For decades, they have had more experience than all but the most senior of the JLA, but must be shown to be incompetent so the Leaguers can show them up.
    The Outsiders is a way to address that issue...have them operate as a separate but equivalent task force, with Nightwing and company perfectly comfortable operating outside the JLA charter, but respected as equals.
    Just jumping in to say: This. This is what they should've done and what I hope they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Nightwing and Superman sadly not in the same position. DC sometimes make Bruce top dog in expanse of Clark, so what to talk about character that in eyes of DC management just a part of Bat-verse.
    That's not the point. The point is, Clark's books are different enough from Bruce's to not be seen as direct competition. Competition between products is about overlap, where two products fill the same basic niche and scratch the same itch. And in such cases, the products end up fighting for the same customers, to the detriment of the company. I used Clark as an example because his titles aren't like Bruce's, meaning they don't compete against each other. Dick, as a street level Bat-lite style character, could perhaps end up being seen as competition with Bruce if DC actually put any effort into his title and made it quality. But Dick as something different and unique from Bruce isn't competition. In that case, he'd just be another successful IP.

That's if DC thinks Dick could become competition with Bruce in the first place. Which if so, could explain the way they treat and limit him.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

Nightwing by Steve Rude
    Rude is amazing; that's a great image.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Feel like this will be a fun conversation piece.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kind of reminds me that Kara has yet to appear in Young Justice. Considering she's one of the more well known legacy characters and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kind of reminds me that Kara has yet to appear in Young Justice. Considering she's one of the more well known legacy characters and all.
    I wonder how she'll be handled if/when she finally shows up.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wonder how she'll be handled if/when she finally shows up.
    Knowing the creators? Pretty well. After all, they made Artemis Crock, whom in previous versions was a minor villain, into not only a good hero, but a great character.

Knowing the creators? Pretty well. After all, they made Artemis Crock, whom in previous versions was a minor villain, into not only a good hero, but a great character.
    I meant just as what they were going to do. Like her joining the League or team initially.

I meant just as what they were going to do. Like her joining the League or team initially.
    Considering she's usually about 15-16 whenever she makes her initial debut, I'd lean towards the Team. Not to mention, she's usually about Jason's age, give or take.

Feel like this will be a fun conversation piece.

So many different ways of looking at this .
    Considering she's usually about 15-16 whenever she makes her initial debut, I'd lean towards the Team. Not to mention, she's usually about Jason's age, give or take.
    I was wondering if they might nerf her powers like they did Conner, considering how overpowered a full-Kryptonian on the Team would be, but I guess she would basically just be Blue Beetle and Wonder Girl combined.

She's only been Jason's age with the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So many different ways of looking at this .

I was wondering if they might nerf her powers like they did Conner, considering how overpowered a full-Kryptonian on the Team would be, but I guess she would basically just be Blue Beetle and Wonder Girl combined.
    I really want to see Conner's reaction to Kara. Would he be jealous of her full power and blood relation to Clark? His reactions would be very cool to explore.

And Dick and Zatanna is a very good pairing. The Vegas stage show ideas is something I really want to read about.

BANNED

Such great fan-art. So Power Girl is like Supergirl, except with a larger chest?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Such great fan-art. So Power Girl is like Supergirl, except with a larger chest?
    A bit older and generally from Earth 2. Pre-Flashpoint, she ended up on Earth 1 due to weird crap. New52, she and Helena Wayne (daughter of Bruce and Selina) ended up on Prime Earth after their's was attacked by Darkseid and a lot of the Justice Society was killed, including the trinity.