Page 39 of 295 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Ya, their Jason's

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, their Jason's
    I left Roy for Jason there
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    How are you enjoying Titans? I haven't watched it but from what little I've seen I didn't think it would appeal to you.
    I've considered it well-done. I didn't think I would like it but if Dick is gonna be somewhere, then so am I. It was "darker". "edgier", and certainly "sexier" than I would have wished for because I prefer shows I can watch with my kids and grandkids and I feel DC and Marvel should cater to a family audience, but they did right by Dick in several respects.

At the very least he is competent and is called Dick Grayson.

2 plusses right there...

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It’s because Nightwing’s supporting casts have and always will suck.

His true supporting cast will always be the likes of Bruce, Barbara, Alfred, a Robin, Wally, Starfire, and the likes.
    Through the years there has been Clancy, Amy Rohrbach, Haly's Circus, his roomates in Chicago, the Skullgirls, and the Run-offs. All of them have had potential and in each case when the writer and/or direction changed the characters vanished.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    Through the years there has been Clancy, Amy Rohrbach, Haly's Circus, his roomates in Chicago, the Skullgirls, and the Run-offs. All of them have had potential and in each case when the writer and/or direction changed the characters vanished.
    Can't forget the Teen Titans from pre-Flashpoint.

It’s because Nightwing’s supporting casts have and always will suck.

His true supporting cast will always be the likes of Bruce, Barbara, Alfred, a Robin, Wally, Starfire, and the likes.
    Dick's supporting cast is always at it's best when it's other parts of the DCU. Whether their heroes, villains, or supporting characters like Alfred.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I left Roy for Jason there
    Thank god Roy is dead so he can finally be free from him.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    I feel like all those casts were great minus the Chicago roomamates. But I would love to see Sonia and Jane (I think that was her name, the little redhead girl) make a comeback.

Incredible Member

I wasn’t expecting to like “Titans”; the teaser made me certain that the creators were gonna screw up the property.
    And it wasn’t the Dick Grayson I was expecting.
    He’s angrier, and far more deadly. He kicks major ass, sets himself on fire, impregnates every woman on TV, and then comes over and cooks breakfast for you.
    He’s got all five tools.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I wasn’t expecting to like “Titans”; the teaser made me certain that the creators were gonna screw up the property.
    And it wasn’t the Dick Grayson I was expecting.
    He’s angrier, and far more deadly. He kicks major ass, sets himself on fire, impregnates every woman on TV, and then comes over and cooks breakfast for you.
    He’s got all five tools.
    While I won't say I'm in love with every single aspect of Titans... Dick and Rachel are probably the best thing about the show.

Young Justice on the other hand seems to combine all the elements that make Dick great.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Well with the confirmation that they are basically rebooting the Batman live action movie and starting with a younger Batman that probably kills the Nightwing movie. I didn't think the movie was going to be made anyway, but it feels like it is dead. Maybe Dick will show up in the Batgirl movie, but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well with the confirmation that they are basically rebooting the Batman live action movie and starting with a younger Batman that probably kills the Nightwing movie. I didn't think the movie was going to be made anyway, but it feels like it is dead. Maybe Dick will show up in the Batgirl movie, but I don't know.
    I hope that means we get to see Dick as Robin. I'd rather them build up to Nightwing rather than just do a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Nightwing movie was probably dead a long time ago. But I hope we will see Dick at least as Robin in new Bats movie, despite the terrible track record. Matt could be the director who would take an interest to explore relationship between Bruce and his adopted child/children.

But I don’t want Dick to debut as either Nightwing or Robin in Batgirl’s movie.
    I don’t need them to turn it into Ant-man and the Wasp dynamic wise.