Page 4 of 217 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 3252
  1. #46
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    I find it hilarious and awesome that we have 5 threads going on at the same time about different aspects of Dick.

    His love life in the Soul Mate thread.

    Clothing in the Tim as Nightwing thread.

    Pitching ideas in the Pitch Nightwing thread.

    About his current direction in the Nightwing's new direction thread.

    And general stuff and things in the main thread here. It really goes to show how much we all love Dick Grayson.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,984

    Default

    Yea it's a bit much ^^

    Back to history time. Chris O'Donnell was cute, I like him in Scent of a Woman, but he wasn't given the best material as Robin. Batman and Robin especially made him came across as whiny.

    20cebcb79ddf59957dc5665cd3134772.jpg

    Also, I didn't know his costume was based on Nightwing. I saw the BTAS Nightwing, but he has a different logo.

    I do like the Batman and Robin logo where the Batman and Nightwing symbols are combined though

  3. #48
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Yea it's a bit much ^^

    Back to history time. Chris O'Donnell was cute, I like him in Scent of a Woman, but he wasn't given the best material as Robin. Batman and Robin especially made him came across as whiny.

    20cebcb79ddf59957dc5665cd3134772.jpg

    Also, I didn't know his costume was based on Nightwing. I saw the BTAS Nightwing, but he has a different logo.

    I do like the Batman and Robin logo where the Batman and Nightwing symbols are combined though
    A friend of mine is working with Chris ODonnell, I really want to get him to sign a picture of him as Robin.

    Also he apparently stole his suit from set, I would totally do that if I played Robin even if the suit was less than stellar.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  4. #49
    Mighty Member dropkickjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Batman Forever is an underrated movie. There. I said it.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,984

    Default

    Now back to BTAS, and entering the Nightwing era. I didn't watch this one, but I read the comic book adaptation. I thought it was cool how Dick decided he's too old for Robin and decided to travel the world. It's so grown up, kid me said. I forgot the details, but he finally found what he was looking for, and return to the Batcave to introduce the new him.

    Nightwinganimated.jpg

    ...I hate it.

    The costume is fine, but the hair... no, just no. Him as Robin's fine. Tim as Robin is super cute. That hair was what defined Nightwing in my mind for years to come.

  6. #51
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Dick rocked a mullet in 90ís. The dude dresses with the era.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-03-2019 at 09:15 PM.

  7. #52
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick rocked a mullet in 90’s. The dude dresses with era.
    Dick and Supes were the only ones that made it look good but I'm glad Dick dropped it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  8. #53
    Fantastic Member babybats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Now back to BTAS, and entering the Nightwing era. I didn't watch this one, but I read the comic book adaptation. I thought it was cool how Dick decided he's too old for Robin and decided to travel the world. It's so grown up, kid me said. I forgot the details, but he finally found what he was looking for, and return to the Batcave to introduce the new him.

    Nightwinganimated.jpg

    ...I hate it.

    The costume is fine, but the hair... no, just no. Him as Robin's fine. Tim as Robin is super cute. That hair was what defined Nightwing in my mind for years to come.
    I was a kid in the 90s and I thought he was sooooo cool. In my mind: mullets = cool guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Dick rocked a mullet in 90’s. The dude dresses with yhe era.
    Dick with an undercut, y/n?

  9. #54
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Been watching YJ again in preparation for the new season thats coming soon, and man, i had forgotten how much i loved this character and why.

    I think its the best depiction of Dick Grayson in any media so far. I like how they adapted his classic wordplay with a more modern take, i like how they made him a bad at team work at the start, he was used to working with a guy that understood his every move, of course he would feel a team would slow him down. I wasnt a fan of them making him a button pusher at first, but especially during the second season his leadership and detective work get their moments.
    I really loved his jester laugh, it was distracting and unnerving if you happened to be a badguy, and at the same time it fit his personality perfectly.

    Really been having fun with this.

  10. #55
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Been watching YJ again in preparation for the new season thats coming soon, and man, i had forgotten how much i loved this character and why.

    I think its the best depiction of Dick Grayson in any media so far. I like how they adapted his classic wordplay with a more modern take, i like how they made him a bad at team work at the start, he was used to working with a guy that understood his every move, of course he would feel a team would slow him down. I wasnt a fan of them making him a button pusher at first, but especially during the second season his leadership and detective work get their moments.
    I really loved his jester laugh, it was distracting and unnerving if you happened to be a badguy, and at the same time it fit his personality perfectly.

    Really been having fun with this.
    It's a very well developed version of Dick, I love the Young Justice universe so much.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  11. #56
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,984

    Default

    Hush. The next time I saw Nightwing, he cut his hair, drawn by Jim Lee, and looking super handsome.

    MAR030182_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

    I already shared in the previous thread that this is the moment I fell in love with Nightwing. On top of looking like an ideal man, he spends his time consoling Bruce, something that defines him to me from here on out, and then giving advice on his love life.

    I didn't expect him to support BatCat because the last time I saw him interact with Catwoman was in Batman 66 where he's often a hostage, or in the silver age where he's also a hostage, but this is a different continuity and story, and it's been such a long time since then.

  12. #57
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I find it hilarious and awesome that we have 5 threads going on at the same time about different aspects of Dick.

    His love life in the Soul Mate thread.

    Clothing in the Tim as Nightwing thread.

    Pitching ideas in the Pitch Nightwing thread.

    About his current direction in the Nightwing's new direction thread.

    And general stuff and things in the main thread here. It really goes to show how much we all love Dick Grayson.
    I think we should have an additional forum to discuss Dick's hairstyles (or Ric's lack of hair). Dick had The Best Mullet in History. The Best Superhero Ponytail in History. The Best Hair, Period.

  13. #58
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think we should have an additional forum to discuss Dick's hairstyles (or Ric's lack of hair). Dick had The Best Mullet in History. The Best Superhero Ponytail in History. The Best Hair, Period.
    Seems like that's the new topic of this thread now lol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  14. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Seems like that's the new topic of this thread now lol.
    LOL! We only discuss the IMPORTANT things here.

  15. #60
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    and with yong justice premiere we are back

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •