Page 49 of 295 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I’m quite confused here. The repercussions of Tarantula resulted in a phase of self imposed exile and provoked a fallout with Babs. One of his most important relationships at that time. Your claims of what they could have done with Tarantula is more or less what they did, and it lead to pretty much what you claim it could have lead to.
    All i remember is a "we will talk later" from bruce and absolutely nothing else. Nightwing was back with the fam for the next event if i remember correctly. Tho its been a while since i read the whole thing.

Tho if you say so im probably misremembering.

Dick's horrible New 52 Robin costume made another appearance in the recent Batman issue. I feel obligated to point it out whenever it rears its ugly head, lol.

It looks so weird seeing it while a Wally is in his classic Kid Flash costume. The two don't mesh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Dick's horrible New 52 Robin costume made another appearance in the recent Batman issue. I feel obligated to point it out whenever it rears its ugly head, lol.

It looks so weird seeing it while a Wally is in his classic Kid Flash costume. The two don't mesh well.
    Yeah it looks awful but the scene was awesome.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    All i remember is a "we will talk later" from bruce and absolutely nothing else. Nightwing was back with the fam for the next event if i remember correctly. Tho its been a while since i read the whole thing.

Tho if you say so im probably misremembering.
    They don’t talk later, Dick quits and leave his Nightwing suit. Then goes into self imposed exile. We got like two years of ramifications from what Tarantula did.

I feel like the suit is just another example of them not really caring. They payed for the design and gave it the ok, and now its just what they have regardless if readers care for it or not.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-06-2019 at 06:42 PM.

I feel like the suit is just another example of them not really caring. The payed for the design and gave it the ok, and now it just what they have regardless if readers care for it or not.
    It messes with DC's Iconography. It's such an ugly design, if they weren't going the pixie boots they had the chance to reinvent what the new Iconic Robin suit would be. And we get this in place of it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

What’s so bad about the new 52 Robin suit? Is it really that different from the original one beside the pants?

BANNED

They don’t talk later, Dick quits and leave his Nightwing suit. Then goes into self imposed exile. We got like two years of ramifications from what Tarantula did.
    Then forget i said anything. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What’s so bad about the new 52 Robin suit? Is it really that different from the original one beside the pants?
    The mask, the colors, the color balance, no collar on the costume, etc.

On a semi-related note, my brother and I spent a day the other day "Dicking" around with some Robin costumes that felt modern but incorporated aspects of Dick's various past costumes. We toyed with things like long red sleeves and Earth One belt, a more golden-age Robin Hood inspired look, some aspects from the animated Judas Contract movie, and other elements from other Robin costumes.

Ironically, it made me come to the realization that Damian's original Robin costume is pretty much what I was picturing as a modern DickRobin suit. It has a yellow cape, a hood (like Robin Hood), it keeps the tunic, green gloves and boots, but has sleeving along the legs and arms.

Edit: Obviously this is a suit for when Dick is further along as Robin, sometime like age 16~Hudson U.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 02-06-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

The fact that it’s “unfinished version of Robin’s suit” and in continuity Batman officially made his sidekick run around in it for all those years makes it even less appealing.

Mighty Member

Anyone else impressed how successful Dick Grayson becomes in the future? Unlike rest of the Bat family, he really goes beyond the mask. An orphaned circus boy becoming a mayor or the head of a nationwide police force is unbelievable. Really shows that Dick Grayson is what makes Nightwing, not the other way around. Very inspirational.

Mighty Member

Also, looks like Ric will continue for 2019. Sales are good. Jurgens will probably try to connect Ric with Batman Beyond (He is writing both). My advise to my fellow fans is patience.

https://youtu.be/jyQ_vjI3Wuw

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Anyone else impressed how successful Dick Grayson becomes in the future? Unlike rest of the Bat family, he really goes beyond the mask. An orphaned circus boy becoming a mayor or the head of a nationwide police force is unbelievable. Really shows that Dick Grayson is what makes Nightwing, not the other way around. Very inspirational.
    It’s really not that high of a bar.

Most of the bat family’s future is either bad (Tim), rarely disused (Jason) or about what you expect (Damian)

The only people ever really given positive potential futures are Babs or Dick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It’s really not that high of a bar.

Most of the bat family’s future is either bad (Tim), rarely disused (Jason) or about what you expect (Damian)

The only people ever really given positive potential futures are Babs or Dick.
    Tim's future is bad? He's got Bendis as his champion. Dick, Jason, and Damian have no big-name protectors. Tim has the best future of all of them with the biggest writer in comics as his fanboy.