Page 50 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What’s so bad about the new 52 Robin suit? Is it really that different from the original one beside the pants?
    It looks like such a mess. With all these parts that don't really match and feel stuck together. We had that stupid crotch arrow for years too with it. There is nothing about it that feels classic or iconic when I look at it. I get that they wanted to move on from the shorts and pixie boots, but they didn't have to throw up something that looks terrible. They could have just made minor upgrades like give him boots and pants to the classic look to fix it instead of doing this bizarre overhaul.

Another thing is the red vest part. They didn't need to change that. It is also the part that Damian took when he stole the classic Robin costume to create his own Robin costume. Eliminating that kind of messed with that whole story about Damian taking it and using it as his own.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Anyone else impressed how successful Dick Grayson becomes in the future? Unlike rest of the Bat family, he really goes beyond the mask. An orphaned circus boy becoming a mayor or the head of a nationwide police force is unbelievable. Really shows that Dick Grayson is what makes Nightwing, not the other way around. Very inspirational.
    I very much dislike either of those outcomes, especially the mayor of Bludhaven, but my feelings of Bludhaven are very well known here, lol. I cringe at the thought of Jurgens trying to make his Batman Beyond fantasy of Dick as mayor of Bludhaven a reality. I'm hoping Jurgens is only on for a few months to finish out the mandated Ric crap.

BANNED

At this point, I would just be grateful for an end to the Ric stuff. And somebody here just said it's going on another year?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It’s really not that high of a bar.

Most of the bat family’s future is either bad (Tim), rarely disused (Jason) or about what you expect (Damian)

The only people ever really given positive potential futures are Babs or Dick.
    Damian over comes the batsuit that sent him and terry crazy, saves Bruce and Terry and goes off to turn the LOA into a force for gobal good. Plus he makes up with his father, inspires a Robin, gets a brand new family and is getting a batcave party with streamers. Sounds inspirational and positive to me.

I like that Dick gets a family and normalcy in later life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    On a semi-related note, my brother and I spent a day the other day "Dicking" around with some Robin costumes that felt modern but incorporated aspects of Dick's various past costumes. We toyed with things like long red sleeves and Earth One belt, a more golden-age Robin Hood inspired look, some aspects from the animated Judas Contract movie, and other elements from other Robin costumes.

Ironically, it made me come to the realization that Damian's original Robin costume is pretty much what I was picturing as a modern DickRobin suit. It has a yellow cape, a hood (like Robin Hood), it keeps the tunic, green gloves and boots, but has sleeving along the legs and arms.

Edit: Obviously this is a suit for when Dick is further along as Robin, sometime like age 16~Hudson U.
    I like that middle one. I'm not a fan of the leotard or undies on male superheroes

Dick Grayson Nightwing

https://twitter.com/SATORIXXXIA

Happy 50 pages Wingnuts!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Dick Grayson Nightwing

https://twitter.com/SATORIXXXIA
    Oh, such beautiful fan-art!!! And here I was, thinking Jason had that market covered! Please, more!!!!!!

Yeah, if they wanted to get rid of the green speedo (understandable), just give him long green pants and black boots. Or long yellow pants and green boots like the old Earth 2 Robin suit. Either way, keep the red vest and green short sleeves and the yellow collard cape.

n52 robin suit is just hella busy.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Btw, with Deathstorke and Jericho Ravager is also coming to second season of Titans. I wonder if we will see some mentor/mentee ark between Rose and Dick or not, considering that Titans version of him darker and not quite in his Nightwing mentality yet.
    I actually laughed out loud at your typo imaging a stork in a Deathstroke costume...thank you for that imagery! HAHA

They really should've just used the Teen Titans cartoon design with a little less stylization or the Young Justice design but with more green. Both those designs had varying degrees of mainstream appreciation, so while neither were as popular as the original design, they would've been perfect for the New 52.

One of my favourite takes on the classic design is actually also by Bourassa, it's the Robin design used in the Judas Contract movie. It's just amazing, imo.
    Robin design.jpg

yeah thats pretty great. Updated but still classic.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I actually laughed out loud at your typo imaging a stork in a Deathstroke costume...thank you for that imagery! HAHA
    oops looool my bad
    I blame my phone for everything xD

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    They really should've just used the Teen Titans cartoon design with a little less stylization or the Young Justice design but with more green. Both those designs had varying degrees of mainstream appreciation, so while neither were as popular as the original design, they would've been perfect for the New 52.

One of my favourite takes on the classic design is actually also by Bourassa, it's the Robin design used in the Judas Contract movie. It's just amazing, imo.
    Robin design.jpg
    That really is the best.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian over comes the batsuit that sent him and terry crazy, saves Bruce and Terry and goes off to turn the LOA into a force for gobal good. Plus he makes up with his father, inspires a Robin, gets a brand new family and is getting a batcave party with streamers. Sounds inspirational and positive to me.

I like that Dick gets a family and normalcy in later life.
    Like I said, that’s more or less what you’d expect Damian’s future to be.