Page 51 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian over comes the batsuit that sent him and terry crazy, saves Bruce and Terry and goes off to turn the LOA into a force for gobal good. Plus he makes up with his father, inspires a Robin, gets a brand new family and is getting a batcave party with streamers. Sounds inspirational and positive to me.

I like that Dick gets a family and normalcy in later life.
    And grandpappy Ra's is in a retirement home for Super Villains, playing chess with Vandal Savage and Bane.

BANNED

Where is this from? Ten characters.

BANNED

Anyone have personal favorite Dick Grayson battling / fighting pictures? Any great moment where he is showing off his fighting skill....if you do please send them my way !

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Where is this from? Ten characters.
    Raise of the demon arc Rebirth Batman Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    They really should've just used the Teen Titans cartoon design with a little less stylization or the Young Justice design but with more green. Both those designs had varying degrees of mainstream appreciation, so while neither were as popular as the original design, they would've been perfect for the New 52.

One of my favourite takes on the classic design is actually also by Bourassa, it's the Robin design used in the Judas Contract movie. It's just amazing, imo.
    Attachment 78259
    I like this but make the cape black he looks less like a target and give him boots that don't resemble socks.

I think it reflects badly on Batman and the concept of Robin to have him in bright Yellow while Batman is stealth in dark colours. It's not practical or safe .

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Anyone have personal favorite Dick Grayson battling / fighting pictures? Any great moment where he is showing off his fighting skill....if you do please send them my way !

I think this is a cover but i love it.

trying to find the Nightwing Panel where he is fighting under a street lamp [becasue of course he is]
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-07-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It looks like such a mess. With all these parts that don't really match and feel stuck together. We had that stupid crotch arrow for years too with it. There is nothing about it that feels classic or iconic when I look at it. I get that they wanted to move on from the shorts and pixie boots, but they didn't have to throw up something that looks terrible. They could have just made minor upgrades like give him boots and pants to the classic look to fix it instead of doing this bizarre overhaul.

Another thing is the red vest part. They didn't need to change that. It is also the part that Damian took when he stole the classic Robin costume to create his own Robin costume. Eliminating that kind of messed with that whole story about Damian taking it and using it as his own.

I very much dislike either of those outcomes, especially the mayor of Bludhaven, but my feelings of Bludhaven are very well known here, lol. I cringe at the thought of Jurgens trying to make his Batman Beyond fantasy of Dick as mayor of Bludhaven a reality. I'm hoping Jurgens is only on for a few months to finish out the mandated Ric crap.
    They literally could just use The Batman redesign from that animated series. It was literally about reinventions of the Gold/Silver age designs. Just flip the R colors on it and give Dick his classic Robin hairstyle, it would be perfect.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

All Dick's Robin needed was green pants, but because of the new 52 they had to overdo it. Leaving us with a Robin suit with far too much going on.

I don't get why they don't fix it. Rocafort was the one that designed it and he had a lot of bad designs in the New 52 that have been changed by now. Raven doesn't wear her full bird costume anymore and Jason doesn't wear his red helmet with the nose and lips on it anymore either. All it needed was simple changes which is what makes it so frustrating. Maybe it does speak to a lack of care for the character internally at DC with the current management.

I don't get why they don't fix it. Rocafort was the one that designed it and he had a lot of bad designs in the New 52 that have been changed by now. Raven doesn't wear her full bird costume anymore and Jason doesn't wear his red helmet with the nose and lips on it anymore either. All it needed was simple changes which is what makes it so frustrating. Maybe it does speak to a lack of care for the character internally at DC with the current management.
    i thought Ed Barrows did the design, he was the artist at the time.

I think it's probably just that creatively there's less of an incentive to change Dick's Robin costume because it's not supposed to be a modern day, ongoing, look compared to other characters and it's only occasionally seen in flashbacks.

Cause they don't care. Not really. Same reason Red Hood and Batgirl got trendy new designs while Ric looks like boring trash. Its same reason they're not bothering to fix this Ric **** show even. At the end of the day they don't care. Its what they have around and to change or fix it would require more time or effort then they're interested in putting in.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-07-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    i thought Ed Barrows did the design, he was the artist at the time.
    It was Rocafort. He was tasked with the redesign even though Borrows was the main artist on Nightwing then. I remember discussing it when they said it on twitter or some interview back when the design was first revealed. Rocafort talked about how it was exciting to be designing the new first Robin costume. Been so long I don't know where to find it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's probably just that creatively there's less of an incentive to change Dick's Robin costume because it's not supposed to be a modern day, ongoing, look compared to other characters and it's only occasionally seen in flashbacks.
    It is just so striking when you see the old Titans in their classic costumes and Dick is in some modern messy redesign. It is a constant reminder of the New 52 that feels like it is never going away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cause they don't care. Not really. Same reason Red Hood and Batgirl got trendy new designs while Ric looks like boring trash. Its same reason they're not bothering to fix this Ric **** show even. At the end of the day they don't care. Its what they have around and to change or fix it would require more time or effort then they're interested in putting in.
    It may be worse than "don't care". When the Publisher is actively poisoning the well, nobody expects Evian Water. I've heard it suggested (wrongly) as a method of housebreaking a dog that you rub its nose in its poopy then whack it between the ears with a rolled-up newspaper. This is how Didio is training the Wingnuts to abandon all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    My personal favorite Dick Grayson battling/fighting pictures.
    nightwing5.1.jpg

nightwing5.2.jpg

nightwing5.jpg
    All of them from my favorite Nightwing artist: Scott McDaniel.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-08-2019 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.