Page 52 of 295 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Re: Tarantula, no she’s not a plot tool that can be used against Dick. Devin Grayson wrote a plain OOC Dick Grayson and I don’t talk about just the player part. He HAS been morally and mentally challenged before her in his 60 years of existence. just in different ways that actuallly made sense for his character. For example he needs to take anger management class and I would say he’s UNREINVENTED/UNDER developed/UNEXPLOITED in modern years because DC editorial don’t care about him more than isn’t Challenged. It’s not widely acknowledged that his moral challenge is very similar to that of Bruce : integrity , failure, no killing code , people dying and communication and classism, and the difficulty he has looking at a thing outside of his perspective, and last but not least, the carrying on despite having no rewards for the work. Because it’s similar and so codependent on Bruce’s own, they rather use Bruce for those and reduced his story and issues down to looks and romance and teenage angst.

The way rape was used against him, it’s framed as a character flaw, that he’s a player so somebody has to give him a lesson? No his talent and also flaw is he’s an actor. Challenge that actor personality. Make him fail to act , like in the NTT era, but now it’s akso compromising his identity. Expose his insecurities about who he is: deep down he thinks he’s just a charity case abd not some charming Badass. Challenge him so that he realised he’s right. He owes Bruce anything. Or better, expose his identity and the entire Family , and makes it his story rather than Bruce. Hell the Golden age Dick has more thought about those than the modern one.

Or , if it has to be drama, make him travel through the multiverse. Challenge him through his jealousy with every other version of Dicks that had it better than him and treated better and married and happy than him.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 02-08-2019 at 07:48 AM.

But there is nothing entertaining or pleasant in seeing Dick being miserable.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-08-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Graysonvsmidnighter1.jpgGraysonvsmidnighter2.jpgGraysonvsmidnighter3.jpg

I loved this rivalry turned allies in Grayson.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    These two are my crack ship

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Anyone have personal favorite Dick Grayson battling / fighting pictures? Any great moment where he is showing off his fighting skill....if you do please send them my way !
    I often go back to Nightwing #24 from the Rebirth run, that was all action and it was amazing. Still want that whole thing adapted to live-action one day.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    But there is nothing entertaining or pleasant in seeing Dick being miserable.
    ?

So much of Wolfman's NTT was about Dick and the other Titans dealing with their insecurities and how they grow as people and heroes. The entire first arc of Morrison's B&R is about Dick dealing with his insecurities, the rest of which was showing off how amazing he is now that he's over it. 70% of SeeKing's Grayson run was Dick dealing with his insecurities, and the rest was him being super confident and cool because he's just that good at what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    ?

So much of Wolfman's NTT was about Dick and the other Titans dealing with their insecurities and how they grow as people and heroes. The entire first arc of Morrison's B&R is about Dick dealing with his insecurities, the rest of which was showing off how amazing he is now that he's over it. 70% of SeeKing's Grayson run was Dick dealing with his insecurities, and the rest was him being super confident and cool because he's just that good at what he does.
    Well we always here complain about Dick being stagnant. I see no pleasure in reading about exact same insecurities Dick usually faces. I actually want him finally pass that phase in his life for good in comics(!). And if we just must have some heartbreaking drama, I want him to move on to be miserable about something else, except himself and who he is. Despite how popular this theme with Dick Grayson as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I really miss Dick and Damian just interacting with each other yet along sharing some meaningful time together.

Another photo of Brenton Thwaites as Dick Grayson/Robin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtoOXqCgA-q/

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

Another photo of Brenton Thwaites as Dick Grayson/Robin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtoOXqCgA-q/
    What a waste of good casting and costume design on such a terrible show.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics