Page 56 of 295 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

I think it is the Walmart Teen Titans. The Robin is supposed to be Tim though he looks nothing like and the comic never refers to him as Tim. It's written by Dan Jurgens.

BANNED

Poor Jurgens probably wasn’t even told WHO is under the mask. “Just write something.” We can’t have a “company man” outclass the Mighty Bendis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Poor Jurgens probably wasn’t even told WHO is under the mask. “Just write something.” We can’t have a “company man” outclass the Mighty Bendis.
    Was asked and said its Tim.

Jurgens love to use 90s characthers wherever he can, he probably choose Tim because of that.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Great. All Nightwing needs is to be “written” by yet another High Priest in DC’s Church Of Drake.

He’s not writing Nightwing, he’s writing Ric. Don’t expect much.

Great. All Nightwing needs is to be “written” by yet another High Priest in DC’s Church Of Drake.
    I'm hopefully he will do an okay job on Nightwing. I liked how he handled him in BB and for a Someone who's a fan of nineties characters and tries to use them where he can I'm still waiting him for him give 90's Robin. decent page time in his BB. And even gave the honour of best batman bruce has ever seen to Damian.

The better than Bruceman is a tag writers normally try to attach to Tim.

If it is Tim then might be mandate not choice.

As I commented elsewhere I hope King's Detective 1000 story is good. The preview doesn't give me high hopes.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-14-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Ah Oasis, never change, your overreacting is amusing to me. By the way, Jurgens actually likes Dick he has done good job with him in the past, i'm almost sure that he said that he was his favorite once, althougth i doubt that he could make a good job with him in this status quo. Still apparently, the idea that he likes both is just too much for you.
    Last edited by TheCape; 02-14-2019 at 07:52 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I'm hopefully he will do an okay job on Nightwing. I liked how he handled him in BB and for a Someone who's a fan of nineties characters and tries to use them where he can I'm still waiting him for him give 90's Robin. decent page time in his BB. And even gave the honour of best batman bruce has ever seen to Damian.

The better than Bruceman is a tag writers normally try to attach to Tim.

If it is Tim then might be mandate not choice.

As I commented elsewhere I hope King's Detective 1000 story is good. The preview doesn't give me high hopes.
    Jurgens likes to use elements from that time period because it was his best time as a writer and artist, he is a fan of all DC's story in general, but he likes to use characthers or elements that he worked with previously, so you see a lot of that in his current work, his more recent Superman work is an example of that.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Jurgens likes to use elements from that time period because it was his best time as a writer and artist, he is a fan of all DC's story in general, but he likes to use characthers or elements that he worked with previously, so you see a lot of that in his current work, his more recent Superman work is an example of that.
    That's fair. My point is that even if he is fond of characters from the 90's doesn't mean or stop him from also being fond of ones from a different era. As you said it's possible to like more than one thing. As proven by his BB. He used non-90's characters [including Dick] well. Coupled with the fact that he is a better writer than we currently have on Nightwing I'm hopeful he'll be an improvement.

Well, in news about the Nightwing writer, Bleeding Cool is reporting that Zack Kaplan, writer of Eclipse and Port of Earth, has been tapped to slide into the slot that was to be occupied by Eric Esquivel.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...-on-nightwing/

No word yet on whether that means he will be taking over Nightwing instead of/together with Jurgens, although Kaplan's twitter seems to imply such:

https://twitter.com/zackkaps/status/1095852158803632129

Incredible Member

I really don't see that much love for drake these days for people to assume that DC has a "Church of Drake'.

I'll check out some of this guys other work. Looks to me like he is just going to be strapped with this Ric **** though.

Poor guy.