Page 58 of 295 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It's annoying that they've not even shown his brothers react this or try to talk to him. Like he's some guy who has no family. Like Dick doesn't have people who care. That's pathetic.
    It’s too emotionally complex writing for Batoffice editor and writers to even try to accomplish.
    Sad to see Dick being ignored like that and Batfamily having no emotional connection anymore. If they ever had some in the first place.

To be honest I don’t know if I could even stomach Ric crying about how nobody likes him for him again. He’s such a delusional tool, and the creators on him are as delusional as he is. Thinking that it’ll make him sympathetic or something, but in actuality it just makes him come off like an unlikable baby.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-15-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I heard Nightwing got his 10th writer these past two years. Is he good?
    Nightwing has had some good writers and passable writers the past couple of years. Unfortunately on the current run the writer isn't that good.
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

It has just hit me that with Nightwing being knocked down to a once a month shipping that it might mean it is twice as long we have to put up with 'Ric'. *sigh*
    What I Read: Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, , The Flash, Action Comics, Superman, and Suicide Squad

What I Miss: Justice League and Justice League Unlimited TV Series, Wolverine and the X-Men TV Series and the Marvel Comics that got me into reading comics to begin with.

"I can't wait until the 'Ric' plot line ends!"

I think Ric is here for a set amount of months, not necessarily issues. There is very clearly no actual real story here with a planned out beginning and end. They very clearly are just making whatever they can up with whomever they can find. That’s part of why this direction has been so creatively bankrupt. And at this point this direction is probably just filler till they get to their next event or whatever. I really do feel bad for the new guy. This direction, and series even, at this point is dead in the water.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-15-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think Ric is here for a set amount of months, not necessarily issues. There is very clearly no actual real story here with a planned out beginning and end. They very clearly are just making whatever they can up with whomever they can find. That’s part of why this direction has been so creatively bankrupt. And at this point this direction is just filler till they get to their next event or whatever. I really do feel bad for the new guy. This direction, and series even, at this point is dead in the water.
    Yeah, it's probably waiting for King's City of Bane or maybe for whatever happens with Titans. I wonder if they are not going to bring Titans back as an Outsiders book. There was a rumor to that effect a while back, along with the announcement that the current Titans was being cancelled because "new creative directions had arisen." In any case, that would explain why Batman and the Outsiders was precipitously yanked with no explanation. So that and the new Nightwing direction could spin out of City of Bane, especially if its still a "Batman and the Outsiders" thing.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Yeah, it's probably waiting for King's City of Bane or maybe for whatever happens with Titans. I wonder if they are not going to bring Titans back as an Outsiders book. There was a rumor to that effect a while back, along with the announcement that the current Titans was being cancelled because "new creative directions had arisen." In any case, that would explain why Batman and the Outsiders was precipitously yanked with no explanation. So that and the new Nightwing direction could spin out of City of Bane, especially if its still a "Batman and the Outsiders" thing.
    We’ll know more next week but right now it looks like the previously announced team hasn’t changed.

Part of me wonders if King’s knightmare arc is just his way of stalling so all the batbooks get where he needs them to be for the big bat summer event thing (which I guess is what the city of Bane is supposed to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    We’ll know more next week but right now it looks like the previously announced team hasn’t changed.

Part of me wonders if King’s knightmare arc is just his way of stalling so all the batbooks get where he needs them to be for the big bat summer event thing (which I guess is what the city of Bane is supposed to be).
    I suspect there is something to that. Come down to it, pretty much everybody seems to be stalling these days, except maybe for Bendis in the Wonder Comics imprint, and I guess Heroes in Crisis.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I suspect there is something to that. Come down to it, pretty much everybody seems to be stalling these days, except maybe for Bendis in the Wonder Comics imprint, and I guess Heroes in Crisis.
    Bendis' WC stuff doesn't really touch big DCU things. I think YJ especially will be more self contained.

Dick had a good run from 2011-mid late 2017. I def don't like Ric, but Dick's situation in the DCU could've been much worse.

I think they have a good reason for no one except Babs and Alfred reaching out. Jason has been disowned, doing his own thing. Damian has gone rogue and clearly doesn't care for any family member except for Alfred atm, Tim has the Bendis lock on him.

I love this art

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

I’m not sure Batman cares if the other Bat books are where it’s needs them to be. Nightwing wouldn’t be in the situation it finds itself in if the current Bat office operated like that.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-15-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    To be honest I don’t know if I could even stomach Ric crying about how nobody likes him for him again. He’s such a delusional tool, and the creators on him are as delusional as he is. Thinking that it’ll make him sympathetic or something, but in actuality it just makes him come off like an unlikable baby.
    It doesn't making him sympathetic because it's purposefully dishonest writing because the reader knows the writers have deliberately isolated Dick from people who love and worry about him.

I just want to see his family and friends reaching out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Bendis' WC stuff doesn't really touch big DCU things. I think YJ especially will be more self contained.

Dick had a good run from 2011-mid late 2017. I def don't like Ric, but Dick's situation in the DCU could've been much worse.

I think they have a good reason for no one except Babs and Alfred reaching out. Jason has been disowned, doing his own thing. Damian has gone rogue and clearly doesn't care for any family member except for Alfred atm, Tim has the Bendis lock on him.
    Damian hasn't gone rouge [that implies playing by his own rules not Batman's ]. He fell out with his father and even if he had he would still drop everything to rush to Dick. Heck he rushed to save Alfred's life despite Bruce doing the asking. If he's there for Alfred and Bruce even in times of estrangement he will be there for Dick Grayson double. It's just shitting writing that he hasn't been in Nightwing.
    Tim I don't expect since he doesn't have a relationship with Dick.
    Jason i would expect to see especially with the direction Lobdell was going early in Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    It’s too emotionally complex writing for Batoffice editor and writers to even try to accomplish.
    Sad to see Dick being ignored like that and Batfamily having no emotional connection anymore. If they ever had some in the first place.
    It's so frustrating because a better writer could have milked this memory loss angle to pump out lots of heartwarming or nostalgia heavy stories.

It could have even been used to repair some emotional connections. Sadly these days Bruce, Dick and Damian are the only ones who have any emotional connection. Jason and Bruce do too though that seems to be just under Lobdell.
    It looked like Lobdell was set on developing a connection/relationship with Dick in early in Rebirth but not much has being done with that.

If they can't write anything creative I'd settle for random Bat shaped silhouettes lurking, against the night sky, on rooftops checking in on Dick.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It's so frustrating because a better writer could have milked this memory loss angle to pump out lots of heartwarming or nostalgia heavy stories.

It could have even been used to repair some emotional connections. Sadly these days Bruce, Dick and Damian are the only ones who have any emotional connection. Jason and Bruce do too though that seems to be just under Lobdell.
    It looked like Lobdell was set on developing a connection/relationship with Dick in early in Rebirth but not much has being done with that.

If they can't write anything creative I'd settle for random Bat shaped silhouettes lurking, against the night sky, on rooftops checking in on Dick.
    At this point I’d even settle for some throwaway lines in other bat books stating how they are keeping an eye on him.