Page 67 of 295 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Not a red one, but something like the Thor helmet, but blue?
    That would be awful.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That would be awful.
    Ugh. Fine! He can wear the watermelon helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Ugh. Fine! He can wear the watermelon helmet.
    Penis shaped? Now we’re getting somewhere

I'm not a big fan of half-cowls, but there is some precedence for him wearing it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Just give him Jason’s old pill helmet, paint it blue and call it a day.

Give him a full toku costume, it should take a laser to the head to put him down next time, thereby making it just that much more ridiculous for another writer to pull this kinda stunt.

And an actual suit of advanced armour would certainly make it harder for another writer to pull the luddite route like Percy. I'm pretty tired of Dick acting incompetent because he's the low-tech guy in the domino mask who needs Babs or Tim to literally do anything involving a computer (this isn't just Percy, we even had it happen in Grayson it just wasn't so egregious).
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 02-21-2019 at 07:24 PM.

He used a cowl as Batman and Morrison still managed to shoot him in the head.

BANNED

The torso is easier to aim for than the head and Dick (used to) routinely wade into whole gangs where every guy was carrying guns. There's no need to put a helmet on him. Jason doesn't even wear his helmet for protection; it was first there to remind Batman of his greatest failure--now it's modified into a feedbag so he can snack on the go.

Incredible Member

If they make him change his mask, he should just upgrade to the half mask from Arkham Knight he worse. Grayson will never be a helmet man.

Also, who wants to bet that they'll take this ric thing all the way to 2020? Sure feels like they will.

BANNED

If my hair was that good, I wouldn't wear a helmet.

Right now, Ric feels like forever. Quick, bring me my back issues!

I'd very much like to get Dick into an advanced, Batman Beyond suit (Ive talked about that a ton). But no full helmet. Yeah, Dick got hurt because he left his head exposed. That kind of exposure is stupid if we're applying real world logic, but this is comics and logic doesn't belong here.

Dick wears a domino mask. Always has. And this injury is no reason to change it.

No, the real question is how well Dick is going to fare this new shift in DC's schedule. If the word is legit, the mainline titles are going to get trimmed down. Will Dick's solo survive, or will Didio win and get him quarantined to Titans alone? I'm not trying to start a panic here, and let's all remember that Nightwing has survived low points and mismanagement before. But I haven't followed this news too closely until today's "confirmation" so I'm asking those who might be more knowledgeable.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Dick got hurt because an expert sniper found the perfect perch and had the best long-range rifles, Dick could have dressed up like Mark Moonrider and the right armor-piercing bullets could take it right out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd very much like to get Dick into an advanced, Batman Beyond suit (Ive talked about that a ton). But no full helmet. Yeah, Dick got hurt because he left his head exposed. That kind of exposure is stupid if we're applying real world logic, but this is comics and logic doesn't belong here.

Dick wears a domino mask. Always has. And this injury is no reason to change it.

No, the real question is how well Dick is going to fare this new shift in DC's schedule. If the word is legit, the mainline titles are going to get trimmed down. Will Dick's solo survive, or will Didio win and get him quarantined to Titans alone? I'm not trying to start a panic here, and let's all remember that Nightwing has survived low points and mismanagement before. But I haven't followed this news too closely until today's "confirmation" so I'm asking those who might be more knowledgeable.
    I don't think Didio would get rid of Dick. The amount of constant feedback he gets about Wally, if Dick was taken too a huge part of the DC fanbase would be pissed. He's had his fun torturing Wally fans right now, I think Dick fans getting pissed would be too much for him. I'm finally starting to see Dick fans across social media actually getting upset about Dick's situation, finally.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Not too long ago Nightwing was one of the books DC deemed worth double shipping. So part of me wants to believe Dick will continue to have solo in some form even with the shift. I mean 60 issues is not an easy feat in today’s market. That being said that same book is currently knee deep in its editorial’s failings, and is seemingly the toilet of the Bat office so who the hell knows.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-22-2019 at 01:12 AM.