Page 71 of 295 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    See, and then you said “objective.” This is fantasy. Comics have always exostes in a sliding scale of realism. “Tactical” didn’t matter in 40s comics like today. Calling it objectively bad is anachronistic. It certainly doesn’t fit the contemporary comic climate, but that’s not the point of the cover.

“Subjectively bad” makes perfect sense. It’s jot my favorite robin suit either. “Objectively bad,” though, is quite the claim.
    No even for 1940's comics it's still objectively bad. 1940's batman might not be in kevlar but he knows to blend into the night and to protect himself from the elements. If you're okay with the leotards. Fine. Have at it. Me I thank god for Damian and pants [not of a fan of Tim's tights either] and wish Dc would erase this suit. Now lets move on this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No even for 1940's comics it's still objectively bad. 1940's batman might not be in kevlar but he knows to blend into the night and to protect himself from the elements. If you're okay with the leotards. Fine. Have at it. Me I thank god for Damian and pants [not of a fan of Tim's tights either] and wish Dc would erase this suit. Now lets move on this.
    It was surprising to see that cover. I thought DC wanted to "erase" the Golden Age era suit and let Dick wear long pants.

Yes I would prefer the new 52 suit. Classic doesn't mean right or good or tasteful and while I get that it is history and all that. This is a suit I hate and I wish DC would just erase it. It's a joke at best and sinister at worst.
    That's how I would describe DC's redesigns for it....
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

What is so "objective" about it's badness?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Yes I would prefer the new 52 suit. Classic doesn't mean right or good or tasteful and while I get that it is history and all that. This is a suit I hate and I wish DC would just erase it. It's a joke at best and sinister at worst.
    DC's entire treatment of Dick Grayson has been sinister for some time now. Their hatred of their own IP is obvious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    DC's entire treatment of Dick Grayson has been sinister for some time now. Their hatred of their own IP is obvious.
    I know the feeling.

BANNED

I guess that after he didn't get to kill Dick in those cross-over events, Didio's hatred went underground and he began to plan to destroy the character in a more indirect way--Tom King probably got a bonus check for coming up with the head shot that turned Dick Grayson into Hobo Ric.

No even for 1940's comics it's still objectively bad.
    Nope, its still subjectively bad. You do not like it. It is not to your taste. Others do like it. Neither is correct to the exclusion of the other.

1940's batman might not be in kevlar but he knows to blend into the night and to protect himself from the elements.
    Here again you subjecting something historical to contemporary standards. Batman's classic suit passes the contemporary test of being useful or functional in some way to a story that is grounded in some sort of realism. This was not the purpose of super hero costumes in the 40s, nor were they intended to have anywhere near the realism that many expect from comics today.

Had you said "That Robin suit has no place in contemporary comics," I'd have agreed with you. But you started throwing out the work "objective," in reference to your personal taste.

If you're okay with the leotards. Fine. Have at it. Me I thank god for Damian and pants [not of a fan of Tim's tights either] and wish Dc would erase this suit. Now lets move on this.
    This post was essentially "I'm right, you're wrong, its over." That's not how discussions work.

BANNED

The little scaly panties were endurable when Robin is a little kid, but after puberty they need to put on long pants. Especially in the winter.

So i ditched Nightwing after Seely's left, but i decided to catch up with what i lost after that.

Humphries was surprisingly more enjoyable than i expected and i thought that i was a solid arc. Percy was... strange, especially with Dick opinion on tech, but it was entertaining, for what it was, i especially enjoyed the two parter "Harm's Way".

I also read the first 3 issues of Ric. Dear god, is worse that i was expecting lol, can't wait for that arc to be over.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I also read the first 3 issues of Ric. Dear god, is worse that i was expecting lol, can't wait for that arc to be over.
    Cant say we didn't warn you...

BANNED

So i ditched Nightwing after Seely's left, but i decided to catch up with what i lost after that.

Humphries was surprisingly more enjoyable than i expected and i thought that i was a solid arc. Percy was... strange, especially with Dick opinion on tech, but it was entertaining, for what it was, i especially enjoyed the two parter "Harm's Way".

Neither can I. Just don't see an end in sight and growing weary of it.

I felt the exact same about Humphries! Wasn’t expecting much, but I liked it quite a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I felt the exact same about Humphries! Wasn’t expecting much, but I liked it quite a bit.
    Ha--just when we think it's all hit rock bottom--Darlin' Dan has a nice deep trench in the North Atlantic to drag us down to.

I was in the same situation except I missed the Humphries stuff. With the exception of Dick acting weird about tech, I enjoyed Percy's first arc for the most part, not great but not bad. Things improved with Harm's Way which I liked more. I gave the Ric thing a try through the Scarecrow since he's one of my favorites. I threw in the towel after that.

I've stopped reading Nightwing and Batman at the same time, not sure when the last time that's happened. At least I can go back to Tomasi and Tek for my Batman now, but Nightwing I'm done until we move past Ric and get a new creative team, whenever and whoever that is.