Page 77 of 295 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 4424
    Fantastic Member

I’m all for Snyder writing Dick. He writes Dick better than Bruce. His Batman series have been a problem since the start and that’s because it’s not Dickbats.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    I’m all for Snyder writing Dick. He writes Dick better than Bruce. His Batman series have been a problem since the start and that’s because it’s not Dickbats.
    CoO particularly would have been MUCH better with Dick as Batman.

So the desert we're in has forced me to find water in other sources, namely exploring DCUniverse's comics catalog. Reread a much of Dixon's Nightwing and enjoyed it more than I remember. I'm also about 6 issues into Winnick's Outsiders, and I'm enjoying it so far. Dick is a little more angry in it, but I haven't found him out of character yet. What are y'all's thoughts on this run?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I do hope DC puts Synder on Nightwing. He's talented and wants to write him.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    So the desert we're in has forced me to find water in other sources, namely exploring DCUniverse's comics catalog. Reread a much of Dixon's Nightwing and enjoyed it more than I remember. I'm also about 6 issues into Winnick's Outsiders, and I'm enjoying it so far. Dick is a little more angry in it, but I haven't found him out of character yet. What are y'all's thoughts on this run?
    Not a Winick fan, his take on Dick was not my cup of tea and what he did with Huntress especially bugged me in Outsiders. Though the overall idea of the book wasn't bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I do hope DC puts Synder on Nightwing. He's talented and wants to write him.
    If Mark Waid is "too big" to write Nightwing, wouldn't Snyder be also? I'd like to see it, but it looks like Didio is too busy poisoning Dick's book into oblivion to allow it.

So the desert we're in has forced me to find water in other sources
    It's like we all feel the same way. I'm in the middle of re-reading Morrison's Batman and Robin. And I'm catching up on Red Hood as a kind of fill-in (it's not bad either). We're all just riding this thing out.

BANNED

I'm knee-deep in my pile of "80-Page Giants" I bought off the "Hey Kids! Comics!" racks back a few eras ago at the outrageous price of 25 cents each. Red Hood is excellent (IMHO); Lobdell has been allowed to nurture the character from the start and his liking for Jason really shows.

Yeah you can tell Lobdell is really into his Red Hood. Nightwing needs somebody like that. It felt like that with Seeley a little bit. That's one reason I wouldn't be opposed to Snyder, he would be like that if he got to write Nightwing. But I don't see it happening right now. Maybe at some point and time later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not a Winick fan, his take on Dick was not my cup of tea and what he did with Huntress especially bugged me in Outsiders. Though the overall idea of the book wasn't bad.

Dick is definitely the least quippy I've read of him in a long time. A little more Batman than I'm used to, but it lines up with what little I've read from NTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    It's like we all feel the same way. I'm in the middle of re-reading Morrison's Batman and Robin. And I'm catching up on Red Hood as a kind of fill-in (it's not bad either). We're all just riding this thing out.
    I'm really thankful that DCUniverse added so many comics lately. Its really making the money I spend on it totally worth it.

Well, if you as fans think that some writers “too big” to write for Nightwing, then no wonder, that DC thinks so too.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Well, if you as fans think that some writers “too big” to write for Nightwing, then no wonder, that DC thinks so too.
    You’re missing the context here. A few years back Mark Waid wanted to write Nightwing, but wasn’t allowed with speculation being that he was “too big” to write Nightwing in the eyes of Didio.

You’re missing the context here. A few years back Mark Waid wanted to write Nightwing, but wasn’t allowed with speculation being that he was “too big” to write Nightwing in the eyes of Didio.
    And the sad thing, Dick is right up there with the Trinity in terms of history, lore, etc. So, technically, he is a big name.

BANNED

Agree with this. Everyone is sad and discouraged right now so we’re all commiserating in our misery. Sure, Mark Waid was “too big” to write Nightwing but he wasn’t Big Enough to get his own way. If someone like a Scott Snyder had some great story ideas and INSISTED on it—Didio would give it to him to keep him happy since he’s a Name. He might have to agree to write a a Black Condor series, too (for example) if that was Didio’s Pet Character at the moment but Darlin’ Dan will keep the big talent in the tent.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 03-04-2019 at 03:17 PM.