Page 79 of 295 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 4424

Yeah, the issue is that DC looks at it more as Robin's 80th anniversary and not really Dick Grayson's 80th anniversary. So if/when they do anything for it the anniversary will be diffused between the other Robins, or even other sidekicks like they did for the 75th lol. It all goes back to the idea that Robin is the iconic name and not really Dick Grayson and Dick leaving the Robin name in the end hurt his character long term. Short term it is a nice story about Dick "growing up" and becoming a new hero, but his character never really got back to the same level he was as Robin and people in power, like a Didio, still view the character negatively for it too and used it as a reason to undermine him.

As for DC not wanting to put "top tier" creators on Nightwing it is something that DC has very much done and that is just fans responding to DC's actions. DC tends to use the Nightwing book to test out young talent. That is what we have seen over and over again, especially since the New 52. It is unfortunately looked at as a stepping stone book and I think once a property gets that kind of label it is tough to shake. Maybe a Snyder coming on could change the view of it, but I would just be surprised if it ever happened.

I guess nothing will change for nightwing as long as they view him as a Robin and supergirl instead of a batman and superman. Nightwing has to become a head of his own corner that adds to the overall dcu like green lantern or wonder woman in order for DC to start taking him seriously.

This batman's number one helper is not going to cut it any more. Hell the batfamily is to big and bloated for him to standout in that role now. I mean there are TWO Robin's right now batman and Gotham has enough helpers.

let nightwing go out in the world and be his own man and build his own legacy so he can finally stand aside by side with the trinity like his meet too.
    Last edited by WonderNight; 03-05-2019 at 02:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    Nah, they don’t need Harper and Cass to push an idea that it’s anniversary of all Robins, not just Dick Grayson’s.
    They'll probably vomit up a new Mary Sue for the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post
    I’m not missing anything. I’m talking here about limitations that sometimes fans itself put on Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing brand.
    Youre missing or misunderstanding something. These aren't limitations fans are putting on the character. Their limitations editorial has put on the character that the fans are lamenting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Youre missing or misunderstanding something. These aren't limitations fans are putting on the character. Their limitations editorial has put on the character that the fans are lamenting.
    The fans just want what is BEST for Dick Grayson. They want to see him soar, and I think they'd go along with whatever puts him in the pantheon. That he is being sabotaged by Didio is heartbreaking. Didio is essentially telling Nightwing fans that they (and their money) doesn't matter up against his fanboy attitudes and they can all go to Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Not a Winick fan, his take on Dick was not my cup of tea and what he did with Huntress especially bugged me in Outsiders. Though the overall idea of the book wasn't bad.
    Unless Huntress comes in again later, he barely used her at all. I just finished issue 11. I coulda used more of her pissing him off with palpable sexual tension.

Incredible Member

I'm so tired of looking at my pull list and only seeing 1 book. I need a new Titans with Dick or Richard Grayson. Whatever of those 2 names they wanna go for. I need NW back.

Unless Huntress comes in again later, he barely used her at all. I just finished issue 11. I coulda used more of her pissing him off with palpable sexual tension.
    It wasn’t consistent with any Nightwing/Huntress interaction that came before or after, and then as she leave we get "did you bang her? Of course I tots banged her". Hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It wasn’t consistent with any Nightwing/Huntress interaction that came before or after, and then as she leave we get "did you bang her? Of course I tots banged her". Hated it.
    It's been a minute since i read the huntress/nightwing mini and her appearances in the Nightwing solo, but didn't they (a) sleep together and (b) not trust each other? Dick not trusting her because she is too brutal seems pretty in character.

Roy was VERY bro-douchey in that conversation though. Wasn't a fan of that either.

BANNED

Doomsday Clock#9 spoilers

spoilers:
    Dick appears in the issue, accompaning Barbera and other heroes on a mission into space, he's in his Nightwing costume
    end of spoilers

It's been a minute since i read the huntress/nightwing mini and her appearances in the Nightwing solo, but didn't they (a) sleep together and (b) not trust each other? Dick not trusting her because she is too brutal seems pretty in character.

Roy was VERY bro-douchey in that conversation though. Wasn't a fan of that either.
    Yeah, he was pretty pissed with himself during their team up in Dixon's run, for doing that and he admitted that he couldn't trust her. Agreed about Roy there thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

They genuinely liked each other in the mini, it wasn’t till Cataclysm that there became friction and even then he’s bringing her flowers.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-05-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Doomsday Clock#9 spoilers

spoilers:
    Dick appears in the issue, accompaning Barbera and other heroes on a mission into space, he's in his Nightwing costume
    end of spoilers
    and most importantly spoilers:
    he has hair
    end of spoilers

Doomsday Clock is set a year into the future, right? So by then all the Ric stuff would be long gone. I've really soured on Doomsday Clock in general so I have no expectations for anything in it mattering, especially to Dick's character.

Though I wonder what they are flying in and why Barbara is flying it.

Speaking of being iconic and big... Did anyone read this book on him? https://www.amazon.com/Dick-Grayson-.../dp/0786497882