Page 94 of 295 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4424

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought his birthday was in December?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought his birthday was in December?

On december the first, that's in Young Justice comics, so I bet it's only on Earth 16.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.H. View Post
    On december the first, that's in Young Justice comics, so I bet it's only on Earth 16.
    Dick has the following Birtfdays:
    - March 10 (from some silverage News paper strip)
    - November 11 (Silver age DC calender)
    - July or August (he had his 20th Birthday near the end of COIE which was set in that time frame)
    - the week before Halloween (Secret Origins Vol2 #50)
    - first day of spring/March 21 (Robin Annual #4)
    - December 1st (Young Justice)
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-22-2019 at 03:42 PM.

yeah im a fan of the first day of spring, personally.

I dunno where it came from but Ive got it in my head that Superman's birthday (one of them) was December 1st too?

Might be something I made up in my own head. But I liked the idea of Clark and Dick sharing a birthday.

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

I'm looking at my "official" DC Superheroes Calendar from 1976, and it gives the following birthdays:

Dick Grayson: November 11
    Comissioner Gordon: January 5
    Bruce Wayne: February 19 (damn Pisces)
    Clark Kent: February 29 (Superman's birthday is in a Leap Year)
    Selina Kyle: March 14
    Murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne: June 8
    Joker Falls in Chemical Vat: July 11
    Murder of John and Mary Grayson: July 15
    Batman Meets Catwoman: July 28
    Joker (birthday): August 1
    Dick's First Appearance as Robin: August 25
    Barbara Gordon (birthday): September 23
    Batman's First Clash with the Joker: October 13

Fantastic Member

I am strange because I love the November Birthday. I never buy the spring birthday. He was and remains a Scorpio from the Golden Age. He never look like a Aries to me. It’s weird because Chuck Dixon wrote the spring and his mother thing but it’s also him who loved the Robin name being taken without Dicks consent. So no thanks for pretending Robin is this bright happy thing. Dick sure is not right now. The way he fights and persists and is a brother and loses and hurts is pure Scorpio. The real Aries in DC is Garth who fight much more simplemindedly.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 03-23-2019 at 01:09 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    I am strange because I love the November Birthday. I never buy the spring birthday. He was and remains a Scorpio from the Golden Age. He never look like a Aries to me. It’s weird because Chuck Dixon wrote the spring and his mother thing but it’s also him who loved the Robin name being taken without Dicks consent. So no thanks for pretending Robin is this bright happy thing. Dick sure is not right now. The way he fights and persists and is a brother and loses and hurts is pure Scorpio. The real Aries in DC is Garth who fight much more simplemindedly.
    I think Scorpio fits Dick.

Dont know signs that much. I do know Scorpo has a bad name though as being too jealous.

I am an Aries so of course like the idea of Dick being one too. heh

Apparently Aries is supposed to be:
    Strengths: Courageous, determined, confident, enthusiastic, optimistic, honest, passionate

Weaknesses: Impatient, moody, short-tempered, impulsive, aggressive

Aries likes: Comfortable clothes, taking on leadership roles, physical challenges, individual sports

Aries dislikes: Inactivity, delays, work that does not use one's talents

As the first sign in the zodiac, the presence of Aries always marks the beginning of something energetic and turbulent. They are continuously looking for dynamic, speed and competition, always being the first in everything - from work to social gatherings. Thanks to its ruling planet Mars and the fact it belongs to the element of Fire (just like Leo and Sagittarius), Aries is one of the most active zodiac signs. It is in their nature to take action, sometimes before they think about it well.

The Sun in such high dignity gives them excellent organizational skills, so you'll rarely meet an Aries who isn't capable of finishing several things at once, often before lunch break! Their challenges show when they get impatient, aggressive and vent anger pointing it to other people. Strong personalities born under this sign have a task to fight for their goals, embracing togetherness and teamwork through this incarnation.

Aries rules the head and leads with the head, often literally walking head first, leaning forwards for speed and focus. Its representatives are naturally brave and rarely afraid of trial and risk. They possess youthful strength and energy, regardless of their age and quickly perform any given tasks.

https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.c...c-signs/aries/
    seems fitting enough for Dick.

Looked at Scorpio...
    Strengths: Resourceful, brave, passionate, stubborn, a true friend

Weaknesses: Distrusting, jealous, secretive, violent

Scorpio likes: Truth, facts, being right, longtime friends, teasing, a grand passion

Scorpio dislikes: Dishonesty, revealing secrets, passive people

Scorpio-born are passionate and assertive people. They are determined and decisive, and will research until they find out the truth. Scorpio is a great leader, always aware of the situation and also features prominently in resourcefulness.

Scorpio is a Water sign and lives to experience and express emotions. Although emotions are very important for Scorpio, they manifest them differently than other water signs. In any case, you can be sure that the Scorpio will keep your secrets, whatever they may be.

Pluto is the planet of transformation and regeneration, and also the ruler of this zodiac sign. Scorpios are known by their calm and cool behavior, and by their mysterious appearance. People often say that Scorpio-born are fierce, probably because they understand very well the rules of the universe. Some Scorpio-born can look older than they actually are. They are excellent leaders because they are very dedicated to what they do. Scorpios hate dishonesty and they can be very jealous and suspicious, so they need to learn how to adapt more easily to different human behaviors. Scorpios are brave and therefore they have a lot of friends.

Can also fit Dick but I lean on Aries. the Jealousy and distrusting bit just doesnt work for Dick at all.

---
    and Bruce is anything but a Pisces.. he might be a Capricorn?

Pisces:
    Strengths: Compassionate, artistic, intuitive, gentle, wise, musical

Weaknesses: Fearful, overly trusting, sad, desire to escape reality, can be a victim or a martyr

Pisces likes: Being alone, sleeping, music, romance, visual media, swimming, spiritual themes

Pisces dislikes: Know-it-all, being criticized, the past coming back to haunt, cruelty of any kind

Pisces are very friendly, so they often find themselves in a company of very different people. Pisces are selfless, they are always willing to help others, without hoping to get anything back.

Pisces is a Water sign and as such this zodiac sign is characterized by empathy and expressed emotional capacity. (ahahahahahaha)

vs

Capricorn
    Strengths: Responsible, disciplined, self-control, good managers

Weaknesses: Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst

Capricorn likes: Family, tradition, music, understated status, quality craftsmanship

Capricorn dislikes: Almost everything at some point

Capricorn is a sign that represents time and responsibility, and its representatives are traditional and often very serious by nature. These individuals possess an inner state of independence that enables significant progress both in their personal and professional lives. They are masters of self-control and have the ability to lead the way, make solid and realistic plans, and manage many people who work for them at any time. They will learn from their mistakes and get to the top based solely on their experience and expertise.

Belonging to the element of Earth , like Taurus and Virgo, this is the last sign in the trio of practicality and grounding. Not only do they focus on the material world, but they have the ability to use the most out of it. Unfortunately, this element also makes them stiff and sometimes too stubborn to move from one perspective or point in a relationship. They have a hard time accepting differences of other people that are too far from their character, and out of fear might try to impose their traditional values aggressively.

Saturn is the ruling planet of Capricorn, and this planet represents restrictions of all kinds. Its influence makes these people practical and responsible, but also cold, distant and unforgiving, prone to the feeling of guilt and turned to the past. They need to learn to forgive in order to make their own life lighter and more positive.
    https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.c...gns/capricorn/
    Last edited by Schumiac; 03-23-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Fantastic Member

A lot of these are the signs at their typical best. Both Bruce and Dick spent lots of their entire 80 years history being at their worse. Bruce was written as a Taurus in the Golden age and just like Dick I don’t think he’s ever written differently until the 2000s. And there’s a lot more to astrologys typing than birthdays which would take long to explain. Also for Aries in action , prefer to Garth. I think you will realise the difference, although they are alike enough that he’s called the Dick Grayson of the aquafam. They are different expressions of Mars. Also it’s mosly my distaste for Chuck Dixon s retcons that make Dicks origin get worse the more he wrote and disrespects his own beautiful spring origin.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 03-23-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Ugh. It’s like I’m reading some badly written fanfic with beautiful art.

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

I hate this scene. In the same page they had Babs saying some meta bullshit like "If i gave you a chance before judging you i would knew you're actually a pretty good guy."

Quote Originally Posted by nightbird View Post

I finally dropped the book a few weeks ago, but damn if you aren't right. Why give this book the best art it's ever had with the worst narrative it's ever had? I foolishly and naively thought this could go somewhere interesting at the start, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

It was total BS. Dick would never be proud of a version of himself who is a homeless cabbie who has no intention of doing something useful with his life, thinks gambling and drinking his days off means "living" and will do heroics if someone orders him to all the while complaining about how stupid it is to be a hero... And will be an ass to all the people he knows to have been his friend and family simply because he doesn't remember them and they dare want him to try and get better...

The only "plus" was the fact he called Barbara "Babs". and that is because I am holding onto the hope that is there on purpose to show he is regaining his memory slowly. Because in the past they made sure to show us he refused to call her Babs despite the fact she told him to, on the basis he didn't remember that, and kept calling her Barbara... But I may be giving the writers way too much credit on this. Or he is simply being "nice" and calling her what she wants to be called, now that she gave him a compliment. Which kind of makes his even more of a prick previously...