Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that would be a case of false advertising though. I beleive GS is called Jean Grey and Emma bc it will focus on them two. Unless Im missing something there isnt alot of art with the three of them; just the two covers and Storm is only prominently featured alongside the other two women in one of them
    I am a little torn, I want Jean and Emma to get a featured story, but I hope Storm isn't sidelined for the entire book, it would be nice if she joins them after she is rescued.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I believe Storm will be sidelined. I just had the feeling that she is there just to be rescued.
    I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I believe Storm will be sidelined. I just had the feeling that she is there just to be rescued.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    yeah, me too.

I haven't been posting here as much as I used to. I found that I kept getting into arguments with the people who say the X-Men are nazi's and it was kind of making me feel depressed so I only post a little bit on the site now. Mostly I just hang out with other LGBT people on X-Twitter. I started following some of the writers too, like Tini, and Gerry.

As for my Rachel fix, I am back on Marvel Unlimited looking for parts of Rachel's story that I missed, since that seems to be the only way I will ever see her as a main character.

I think the thing that makes me most sad is the same complaint I have always had, the inability of the male writers to ever properly show Jean and Rachel together. For some reason it feels like male writers are absolutely clueless about mothers and daughters so they try to avoid writing them. They can do Scott and Rachel just fine, but Jean and Rachel they are clueless as to what to write.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    yeah, me too.

I haven't been posting here as much as I used to. I found that I kept getting into arguments with the people who say the X-Men are nazi's and it was kind of making me feel depressed so I only post a little bit on the site now. Mostly I just hang out with other LGBT people on X-Twitter. I started following some of the writers too, like Tini, and Gerry.

As for my Rachel fix, I am back on Marvel Unlimited looking for parts of Rachel's story that I missed, since that seems to be the only way I will ever see her as a main character.

I think the thing that makes me most sad is the same complaint I have always had, the inability of the male writers to ever properly show Jean and Rachel together. For some reason it feels like male writers are absolutely clueless about mothers and daughters so they try to avoid writing them. They can do Scott and Rachel just fine, but Jean and Rachel they are clueless as to what to write.
    I don't think it's necessarily that, although I could be fully wrong. I think some of the times it was a circumstantial issue, mainly that Jean was dead when Rachel was a member of the X-Men. It didn't help that Shooter resurrected Jean and then Claremont had to offload Rachel. Because Jean coming back and their being another Phoenix actively on the team was an editorial nightmare (not a reader). So Rachel had to go. Claremont tried to have them interact but he couldn't do so until Days of Future Present. Which then created this awful dynamic that many writers (Claremont included) clung to for years past its expiration date.

I think it's moreso that the writers don't care to have a scene between them so they didn't. Bendis had no interest in having Rachel and Jean interact when they were living in the mansion together. So editorial made it so, i.e. rachel was sent on missions away from the mansion and wasn't allowed to interact unless on Bendis' terms as he didn't want her baggaged with things he didn't want to write. Hence why Rachel was written out of the narrative for "the Trial of Jean Grey" when it came to the killing of the Greys or interaction with the Shi'ar post-EoG. Bunn wanted to write something, but the closest he got permission for was brief moments during the Mojo crossover. Hopeless had an opportunity but focused on QQ and others over Rachel (partly because Guggs "had plans" for Rachel) during the Jeen Grey solo.

I think that writers don't care and think that readers don't care. Hence the surprise reactions some writers and editors had from readers that perceived that Jean was apathetic to Rachel's enslavement in Extermination due to poor execution.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I feel like Jean and Rachel should have at least one issue to talk, maybe not even a full issue.
    To have a good time together, nothing super deep is needed just have them go to party or shopping, something fun.

or like Magneto and Polaris, their relationship started when Lorna was already an adult and they don't get much panel time but the little details show they care.

Logan and Laura are the same, Logan met Laura when she was already a teen and she came from someone messing with his DNA, not because Logan felt in love and had intercourse with Laura's mother. They don't talk a lot but the little they get is cute.

It is the same between Rachel and Jean just with time travel. Which could potentially make things better or at least crazier.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-10-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    yeah, me too.

Don't pay any mind to the people who just want to argue. I love your insight and your thoughts on Rachel. I went back some time ago and read everything I could find with Rachel in it. I recommend it. I don't think the writers are clueless on how to write mothers and daughters but I question their desire todo so. I disagree with Rachel and Scott though. I don't think they have written them well at all... but like most things that is up for debate.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel like Jean and Rachel should have at least one issue to talk, maybe not even a full issue.
    To have a good time together, nothing super deep is needed just have them go to party or shopping, something fun.

or like Magneto and Polaris, their relationship started when Lorna was already an adult and they don't get much panel time but the little details show they care.

Logan and Laura are the same, Logan met Laura when she was already a teen and she came from someone messing with his DNA, not because Logan felt in love and had intercourse with Laura's mother. They don't talk a lot but the little they get is cute.

It is the same between Rachel and Jean just with time travel. Which could potentially make things better or at least crazier.
    The Red annual was perfect for a couple of panels or even pages as they connected. I could have read and bought an entire series on their interactions but they must not think it can sell books. The old books would have them every once and awhile take a time out and do something like shopping and I would be all in for that book. I don't care about the big blasts and the full page panels and teh whole overriding narrative. Give me Jean and Rachel talking about anything from shoes to men to the future and I would eat it all up. It's not tough to write I have often written my own stuff with it. It's just about the willingness to publish it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

If Rachel becomes part of Excalibur I might go back to reading that series
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    If Rachel becomes part of Excalibur I might go back to reading that series
    Despite the reference to her in the last issue I still think she is better served with Kitty and the Marauders. There are more relationships there for her to gravitate towards.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Despite the reference to her in the last issue I still think she is better served with Kitty and the Marauders. There are more relationships there for her to gravitate towards.
    But Excalibur allows her to go towards a different route or development which I dont think will happen if she were to join up with Marauders

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    But Excalibur allows her to go towards a different route or development which I dont think will happen if she were to join up with Marauders
    Yeah her friends are in Marauders....except for Betsy, she has no connections with current Excalibur so no point in her going there

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I don't know about that. They can explore Kitty and hers friendship, not to mention Kurt and Ororo. Plus I think the mission statement of the Marauders fits more in line with her character. Plus I could see Scott wanting someone there he can rely on and besides Emma who isn't a fighter and not on the ship with them Rachel would provide a valuable asset for them. To me Excalibur is more looking back, though if the current members need help with Otherworld they could do no better then Rachel, Kitty and or Kurt. I think they may even have more experience there then Betsy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I agree they can rotate storm out for a storyline and have Rachel. They can utilize her skills as hound. With her history with the club, it would be interesting to see her interact with Shaw, frost and maybe Selene. I’d love to see her and kitty do a heist. I want her back in her old starjammers costume with the black jacket and spikes. Emma should be the only X-men that get switch up her outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Yeah her friends are in Marauders....except for Betsy, she has no connections with current Excalibur so no point in her going there
    That would allow her to make new connections. Besides the Otherworld assets include Nightcrawler, Megan, Brian and Courtney Ross, all characters she does have connections to

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    And Rogue. She is closer to Betsy but Rogue is a good friend to Rachel too. I think Excalibur has more of a draw for ray, especially if they are bringing back the Warwolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I agree they can rotate storm out for a storyline and have Rachel. They can utilize her skills as hound. With her history with the club, it would be interesting to see her interact with Shaw, frost and maybe Selene. I’d love to see her and kitty do a heist. I want her back in her old starjammers costume with the black jacket and spikes. Emma should be the only X-men that get switch up her outfits.
    Possibly, but I think if Emma were to not be in play Rachel would be able to pinch hit as the tp person for the team for an arc. I don't want this to devolve into a Rachel comes in for Storm only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That would allow her to make new connections. Besides the Otherworld assets include Nightcrawler, Megan, Brian and Courtney Ross, all characters she does have connections to
    Exactly. I'm down more for Marauders than Excalibur for Ray at the mo. plus I would love to see her interact with Apocalypse, which she has never done in this timeline.