Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2210
    Spectacular Member

Hicky presented the whole stuff on the preview cover: HoX/PoX AND Post-HoX/PoX! So it's not only the redefinition of the X-Men but also the AFTER.
    For chronoskimming: Ray can project her astral form in the past or the future. So, she can technically see what's coming and for that reason she can be considered in the same position as a precog but she need to want it.

Fantastic Member

The more I think about it the more hopeful I get that there will be a role for her. After most of the more recent relaunches and resets Rachel has had a role to play. Whichever book she pops up in I will read. I have been going through the old Uncanny stuff from days of Future past right up to the Siege Perilous and though she came in at Days of Future past and then disappeared before reappearing in the current timeline before departing during the Nimrod fight. I don't think she was being written as Jean replacement but more of an ode to her. Also I go back and read the Red Annual every now and again. I think that's the best example recently of how to write for Jean and Rachel at the same time in the same book.

Prestige

Rachel Summers/Grey was transformed back into a Hound during EXTERMINATION. Fortunately, she was freed during the recent X-FORCE series. Now, Rachel is back home where she belongs. And for the first time in years, her family is truly back together.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-about-x-men-1

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Prestige

Rachel Summers/Grey was transformed back into a Hound during EXTERMINATION. Fortunately, she was freed during the recent X-FORCE series. Now, Rachel is back home where she belongs. And for the first time in years, her family is truly back together.

In a way that's what she always dreamed. They are all together and not even death can separate them again.

It is the chance of a lifetime to correct mistakes and to bond or redo them. I really hope this family has some moments of happiness they deserve it however we know that life is not always as we dreamed.

Prestige

Tomorrow is the big day, when you read the comic write your impressions here!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Prestige

It's good to see this, but I'm hesitant to get my hopes up as Hickman already said that most of this book follows more of Lorna, Mags, Cyke, and Storm. He could be misleading us though.

Well I am glad I lowered my expectations for Rachel. She is a background character only.
    1. Two lines of dialogue with Hepzibah confirming that she took the spikes off her uniform and confirming what drink she wanted.
    2. Never speaks or interacts with Nathan
    3. Never speaks or interacts with Jean
    4. Never speaks or interacts with Scott

I'll see what happens in X-Men #2, but so far it looks like Rachel is a background character and isn't part of any ongoing stories, they are really just confirming she exists and nothing else.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well I am glad I lowered my expectations for Rachel. She is a background character only.
    1. Two lines of dialogue with Hepzibah confirming that she took the spikes off her uniform and confirming what drink she wanted.

I'll see what happens in X-Men #2, but so far it looks like Rachel is a background character and isn't part of any ongoing stories, they are really just confirming she exists and nothing else.
    I dont get what the point was of even having her on the cover and in such a prominent position. It should have been Scott, Polaris, Storm, Magneto, Wolverine, Corsair and Vulcan. Rachel, Jean, Cable and Alex had nothing to do of significance

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know she didn't do much but I take what i can, what i get about this is that she is living on the family house, so they do think of each other as family and that is okay to me for this issue. She isn't there just because.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-16-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Let's take it easy guys it's just the first issue. It is impossible to give the same space to characters with such a big team.

We need to have a little patience before passing the judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Let's take it easy guys it's just the first issue. It is impossible to give the same space to characters with such a big team.

We need to have a little patience before passing the judgment.
    That's possible, but I honestly don't think they have a clue what to do with Rachel.

They already have plans for Scott, Jean, and Nathan. But I think Rachel is just going to be somewhat present occasionally, because they don't know what to do with her.

I am going to bet that Rachel barely gets any dialogue in X-Men #2, and I bet they won't know how her powers work or how she should talk so they will avoid giving her any dialogue at all. For the time being Rachel is a background character.

I am not sure they know what to do with Alex and Vulcan either honestly, so it's not like Rachel is exactly alone in being a background character.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

Ugh! I'm not even bothering. So disappointed. I don't care if Ray has a major role, but at least some good character interaction. Why even bother?

So many writers have no idea how to write character interaction so they ignore it.

Removing little spikes from her costume is dumb dumb dumb.

Well, if anything, with Rachel living with her family it's now easier than ever to write her interacting with them in the future. We just need writers to get the hint.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Removing little spikes from her costume is dumb dumb dumb.
    I would be happy if the writers just pursued that she might be the daughter of the Phoenix and send her out in to space to join the Guardians of the Galaxy. I don't think there is any place for Rachel in the X-books, particularly after today. They just don't know what to do with her.

Have her wear some variation of the Phoenix, or even go with her Revenant look and just send her out into space.