Page 115 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2210
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They actually never showed when they came back. Just that Deathlok was going to get them as close to when they left as he could. So they could show up 8 months after they left. There is also the concern with not overlapping with past selves so it's kind of a better safe than sorry thing and play it safe and come back later. There hasn't been any indication that any member of X-Force is currently back in HoX/PoX, none of them have been seen so far, that's why I think they return in X-Men #1. From there everyone splits off as the teams are rebuilt by the governing body of Krakoa.
    They were never going to though. The writers from Extermination onward knew that Hickman was coming on board and essentially laying new foundation down. They were given opportunities to do stories knowing they would conclude with little to know acknowledgement once Hickman started. That said, it was stated a time jump happened. At the start of this Dawn of X, they have all been back for some time. I say this because it is clearly stated that Cannonball has been back and returned to the Shi'ar Empire to be with his wife and kid. The purpose of the New Mutants going into space to get Sam, who has been there a while. So Rachel and Nate have likely been back a while and drank dat Krakoa Kool-Aid. They'll have a role in the first two, maybe three issues, and Nate will be featured in fallen Angels and Rachel returns to her cell until she's allowed back into the yard for playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    They were never going to though. The writers from Extermination onward knew that Hickman was coming on board and essentially laying new foundation down. They were given opportunities to do stories knowing they would conclude with little to know acknowledgement once Hickman started. That said, it was stated a time jump happened. At the start of this Dawn of X, they have all been back for some time. I say this because it is clearly stated that Cannonball has been back and returned to the Shi'ar Empire to be with his wife and kid. The purpose of the New Mutants going into space to get Sam, who has been there a while. So Rachel and Nate have likely been back a while and drank dat Krakoa Kool-Aid. They'll have a role in the first two, maybe three issues, and Nate will be featured in fallen Angels and Rachel returns to her cell until she's allowed back into the yard for playtime.
    That's actually the solicit for New Mutants in Dawn of X which takes place after HoX/PoX.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

That's actually the solicit for New Mutants in Dawn of X which takes place after HoX/PoX.
    I know, that's why it's relevant as Sam has been back for a while and went back to the Shi'ar to see Smasher and his son. So they all would have come back at the same time, meaning they all have been back a while. Meaning that it's 100% unlikely they just came back from the future at the start of X-Men/Dawn of X and missed HoX/PoX (except in Sam's case as he was back out in space).

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I know, that's why it's relevant as Sam has been back for a while and went back to the Shi'ar to see Smasher and his son. So they all would have come back at the same time, meaning they all have been back a while. Meaning that it's 100% unlikely they just came back from the future at the start of X-Men/Dawn of X and missed HoX/PoX (except in Sam's case as he was back out in space).
    Why wasn't Rachel and Cable there when Scott and Jean were being resurrected? That would seem like an opportune time to be around to make sure that they were going to be ok?

Unless I guess it's possible that Rachel and Cable went off on their own and aren't on Krakoa.

Incredible Member

Honestly, it doesn't even matter to me anymore, I actually want Rachel to leave the X-books and move on to something else. A large number of Jean and Scott fans don't even want them near Rachel anyway, and I don't think the writers do either. Rachel should go to the Guardians of the Galaxy, or if the book is still running she should join the Exiles. I think it's time for her move away from the X-books permanently. I am tired of her being shunted off to the side in the X-books, they can't even bother to do a cover that includes her other than doing the same exact pose twice as if the artist couldn't even remember why she was in the book in the first place and doesn't even know how her powers work. She is an afterthought and I expect her to be treated as an afterthought in the books, she will get a few panels and barely talk at all, so they should just release her from the books and either shelve her since they don't want to use her or let the Avengers or Guardians writers have her.
    I think she needs a large change either in form of change in powerset or a retcon otherwise thing will just stay the same for her(coma-mindcontrol loop)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I think she needs a large change either in form of change in powerset or a retcon otherwise thing will just stay the same for her(coma-mindcontrol loop)
    Or she needs to become the Phoenix and join the Guardians of the Galaxy and stay there indefinitely. I was actually thinking she could be a bit more Dark Phoenix but with more stability than anyone who was Dark Phoenix in the past.

Why wasn't Rachel and Cable there when Scott and Jean were being resurrected? That would seem like an opportune time to be around to make sure that they were going to be ok?

Unless I guess it's possible that Rachel and Cable went off on their own and aren't on Krakoa.
    We havent seen alot of characters in HoX that we know are around. I wouldnt put much into them not being seen yet

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We havent seen alot of characters in HoX that we know are around. I wouldnt put much into them not being seen yet
    I don't think Rachel and Nathan are on Krakoa at the moment. At this point with the way her interactions with Jean and Scott have been written it's probably best if Rachel exit the x-books permanently and move to another team somewhere else. I used to want her to interact with Jean and Scott more often, but now I honestly don't, it's time for her character to be set loose from the X-Men.

I also think that Rachel should take the Phoenix with her permanently as well. This would make Rachel a perfect candidate to join a more cosmic based team away from Earth and it would work out perfectly because the x-book writers wouldn't even have to acknowledge that she exists anymore.

BANNED

I don't think Rachel and Nathan are on Krakoa at the moment. At this point with the way her interactions with Jean and Scott have been written it's probably best if Rachel exit the x-books permanently and move to another team somewhere else. I used to want her to interact with Jean and Scott more often, but now I honestly don't, it's time for her character to be set loose from the X-Men.

I also think that Rachel should take the Phoenix with her permanently as well. This would make Rachel a perfect candidate to join a more cosmic based team away from Earth and it would work out perfectly because the x-book writers wouldn't even have to acknowledge that she exists anymore.
    Because of multiple cartoons, video games, and the films the Phoenix is tied to Jean. It will be Jean/Phoenix introduced into MCU and Jean herself would have a better chance of going off with the Guardians, if an A list character like Thor can join. The Guardians have become A list themselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Focus on her as the Guardian of the Timestream. Just give her a different focus. That’s why I like her as the Mother Askani.

But just as there’s multiple Hulks and Wolverines around, no reason why Jean and Rachel cannot both be around.

BANNED

Rachel and Jeen coexisted perfectly well until Guggenheim decided to ruin her. Guggenheim was a disaster. He made Kitty even flakier.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Rachel and Jeen coexisted perfectly well until Guggenheim decided to ruin her. Guggenheim was a disaster. He made Kitty even flakier.
    At this point I don't even care about Jean at all anymore, Rachel is probably better off as a character being as far from Jean as possible now. If the writers/editors don't get her off the X-Men she is just going to get benched for years. So it's either bench her on the X-Men or have her walk away from the X-Men for good. I used to want Rachel to have a relationship with Jean and Scott, but I don't think it's ever going to happen, no writer wants to bother with it, so I hope they let her leave the X-books and give her to another writing team to use long term. I honestly don't care if Rachel ever interacts with any member of the X-Men at all, just let her move on to something else.

was it ever explained why Rachel never went back to her own timeline? She came to 616 and realized it wasnt hers when she saw that Jean was dead and Scott married and got Madelyne pregnant. She obviously went back in time to the wrong timeline so why didnt she leave and go backk to the one that she originated from? Why accept and try to make 616 her own?

Fantastic Member

Man, I have been reading through the thread and there is some real good points and real bad ones but that is to be expected. I have recently gone through and re read most of the X-Men stuff. Jean and the Phoenix were my introduction to the X-Men and for that I will always be partial to Jean but Rachel is fart and away one of the best characters ever created within the X-Men. I think a few people on here are a tad to pessimistic about her in the upcoming books. I know it's a new creative team and all but when you think about it the last volume of X-Force was all about bringing her back into the fold so I don't see her disappearing all together. I have my complaints with Extermination like most people. Far too much time spent with Hope and Jean and nothing really said regarding Rachel and Cable's relationship but I can live with that. Most of the time displaced X-Men have been absent from the House of X and Powers of X story lines so far so there might be something there. I remain hopeful that we will get Jean, Scott, Rachel and Cable and even Hope interactions in the future. After all the X-Men is about the family and the extended family. Jean and Scott are at the center of that and always will be. What would I like to see? I would like to see Rachel with Scott and Jean of course. What do I expect? probably something along the lines of her being a teacher like she was for most of the Wolverine and the X-Men run. X-Men gold brought a bit of character development, no matter how good or bad you think it was they were willing to at least give time to the character which is a good sign. Let's face it she's not a face of the X-Men, she is a secondary character to most writers. I was hoping with a new Excalibur book or even with Kitty's new team she would be apart of as I think her Excalibur days were the best. I am surprised though no body ever mentions that they would like to know what happened with Mojo. I mean she was tricked into going through the dressing room when she was injured and left the X-Men and then next we see her in Excalibur having escaped. I would like to know what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    was it ever explained why Rachel never went back to her own timeline? She came to 616 and realized it wasnt hers when she saw that Jean was dead and Scott married and got Madelyne pregnant. She obviously went back in time to the wrong timeline so why didnt she leave and go backk to the one that she originated from? Why accept and try to make 616 her own?
    Because Bishop didn't stay in his? Earth-811 is a doomed wasteland controlled by sentinels.