Page 143 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2210
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    What could have been..... le sigh.

I hope that we see more of Rachel moving forward. I think it would be nice to see her be brought in for some Excalibur stuff given that Brian has been captured and she does have experience in the Otherworld. Not ongoing but for an issue or two.

Hopefully we'll see more of her in X-Men or some of the other titles this coming year. Anything would be better than 2017-2019.
    I know everything between these characters has been weird but I don't think it could have gone in any other way.

It is kind of hinted that Rachel would have been concieved and born if Jean didn't die on the DPS but if Jean didn't die maybe Claremont would have never created Rachel on the first place.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-10-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I know everything between these characters has been weird but I don't think it could have gone in any other way.

It is kind of hinted that Rachel would have been concieved and born if Jean didn't die on the DPS but if Jean didn't die maybe Claremont would have never created Rachel on the first place.
    You are right. Rachel would never have been written in the first place if Jean hadn't been written off. I think though there is so much to explore between Jean and Rachel that it's actually dumbfounding why they haven't. Especially in this day and age of wanting and looking for strong powerful leading women and right there are two that have been around for decades. With a backstory as rich and vibrant as anyone else's and still with so much more to tell.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Oh I agree with you that they likely would not have made "Lady Rachel" from DoFP Jean's daughter if she hadn't been killed off. I think for me was the plan to have Rachel born in this reality after she traded places with Brian. Scott Lobdell said at the time they were moving into that direction, and then things changed with new editors (or something like that). That was the missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Oh I agree with you that they likely would not have made "Lady Rachel" from DoFP Jean's daughter if she hadn't been killed off. I think for me was the plan to have Rachel born in this reality after she traded places with Brian. Scott Lobdell said at the time they were moving into that direction, and then things changed with new editors (or something like that). That was the missed opportunity.
    Oh, yeah. Such a shame I would have loved that.

Oh, yeah. Such a shame I would have loved that.
    I am holding out hope that Rachel gets moved off the X-books somewhere, I don't think they intend to do much with her on the X-books other than a background character in Jean and Scott's life that we see occasionally. I would rather she go to Guardians or to the Avengers if possible and just have her leave the x-books and finally get under a writer that wants to utilize her as a character.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I doubt it as the X-office seem to have a tight lock on most of the X-men characters (especially A, B and C listers) and considering her strong ties to Scott, I cant see Hickman letting her leave his toybox

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I doubt it as the X-office seem to have a tight lock on most of the X-men characters (especially A, B and C listers) and considering her strong ties to Scott, I cant see Hickman letting her leave his toybox
    I might as well just accept that they aren't going to do anything with Rachel at all. I suppose she'll appear as a background character from time to time so at least she isn't dead this time. Of course she's portrayed as hopelessly incapable with her powers, but then so are a few other characters. I almost feel like Laura got it worse with the horrible characterization in Fallen Angels that seems to retcon her last two runs of comics and make her look like an amateur!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I might as well just accept that they aren't going to do anything with Rachel at all. I suppose she'll appear as a background character from time to time so at least she isn't dead this time. Of course she's portrayed as hopelessly incapable with her powers, but then so are a few other characters. I almost feel like Laura got it worse with the horrible characterization in Fallen Angels that seems to retcon her last two runs of comics and make her look like an amateur!
    The Laura stuff in FA is very cringeworthy. I hate when writers do that by ignoring the growth and experience that the characters should have.

I do think that Rachel could be appearing in Excalibur. I dont think she being mentioned as an Otherworld asset is something they'd do if it werent going to come into play

Cmon RachelGrey, you're usually the one cheering up people, don't let the pesimism take over you.
    Yeah the situation is not great at the moment but that happens to every character not named Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Emma and Wolverine.
    At least now they are recognizing her relationships more.
    I'm sure someone will eventually use Ray, we just have to wait.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Cmon RachelGrey, you're usually the one cheering up people, don't let the pesimism take over you.
    Yeah the situation is not great at the moment but that happens to every character not named Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Emma and Wolverine.
    At least know they are recognizing her relationship more.
    Its ironic you say that bc I felt fans of Jean, Scott, Emma and Storm have all been pessimistic and not happy about how the characters have been used or lack thereof at various points over the past year

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Not with that attitude they won't!! Have faith, we are just into a new era and they haven't even finished unveiling Dawn of X yet. There are lots of opportunities for Rachel to play in Hickman's world. What I don't see is any mutant being shared with another line unless it was precedent for them. Hickman doesn't want anyone near his toybox yet.

The Laura stuff in FA is very cringeworthy. I hate when writers do that by ignoring the growth and experience that the characters should have.

I do think that Rachel could be appearing in Excalibur. I dont think she being mentioned as an Otherworld asset is something they'd do if it werent going to come into play
    I haven't read FA yet as I felt concerns around the characterizations of both Laura and Nate were exceedingly different since Hickman. But IA that Rachel will likely come into play in Excalibur as her experiences in the Otherworld and connection to Brian make her an asset to both Betsy and the British government. Technically she is a citizen of the UK afterall.

At least know they are recognizing her relationship more.
    EXACTLY!!!

Its ironic you say that bc I felt fans of Jean, Scott, Emma and Storm have all been pessimistic and not happy about how the characters have been used or lack thereof at various points over the past year
    It is weird. I'm not a fan of how Hickman has treated Jean, Storm, Emma or Scott but they without a doubt get more attention than 99% of the other X-men.
    Yeah there are things that are being done wrong with them but they at least get attention, other characters are lucky to get out of limbo.

It is weird. I'm not a fan of how Hickman has treated Jean, Storm, Emma or Scott but they without a doubt get more attention than 99% of the other X-men.
    Yeah there are things that are being done wrong with them but they at least get attention, other characters are lucky to get out of limbo.
    nah, its not just Hickman. The writers before him havent been the best to the characters either. Storm fans complained throughout the Kitty Gold era. Emma's appearance since Secret Wars has been scarced, most of which have damaged her. Jean fared better, but outside of Red, she was not written well for the most part. Scott's tenure in UXM was an embarrassment. Sometimes, its better to be in limbo and not trashed than on panel and get awful writing.

At least now they are recognizing her relationships more.
    I am mostly upbeat, I am looking forward to everything with Emma and Jean together. One of the best parts of X-Men 3 was seeing Emma and Jean joking around with each other and almost having fun, I loved seeing that, like two women who are making an effort to put the past behind them.

I did find out a bit about Storm in Gerry's recent podcast. Storm was a little up in the air because they weren't sure if they were going to lose her to the Black Panther writers permanently so they were careful how much they utilized her up to now. I think Storm and Jean are going to get a lot of featuring in upcoming stories.

I think my big hope for the Giant Size is that Storm gets as much story as Jean and Emma in the book. They should have probably put all three women in the title since a lot of the art is featuring all 3 of them. I think that makes people feel like Storm is secondary to Jean and Emma which I have a feeling she may be a bigger part of the story than most people think, but I imagine the first half of the Giant Size will be Jean and Emma rescuing Storm, and then the last half all 3 of them working to defeat the villain.

I am mostly upbeat, I am looking forward to everything with Emma and Jean together. One of the best parts of X-Men 3 was seeing Emma and Jean joking around with each other and almost having fun, I loved seeing that, like two women who are making an effort to put the past behind them.

I did find out a bit about Storm in Gerry's recent podcast. Storm was a little up in the air because they weren't sure if they were going to lose her to the Black Panther writers permanently so they were careful how much they utilized her up to now. I think Storm and Jean are going to get a lot of featuring in upcoming stories.

I think my big hope for the Giant Size is that Storm gets as much story as Jean and Emma in the book. They should have probably put all three women in the title since a lot of the art is featuring all 3 of them. I think that makes people feel like Storm is secondary to Jean and Emma which I have a feeling she may be a bigger part of the story than most people think, but I imagine the first half of the Giant Size will be Jean and Emma rescuing Storm, and then the last half all 3 of them working to defeat the villain.
    that would be a case of false advertising though. I beleive GS is called Jean Grey and Emma bc it will focus on them two. Unless Im missing something there isnt alot of art with the three of them; just the two covers and Storm is only prominently featured alongside the other two women in one of them