Page 104 of 148 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hmmm it says I cannot send you a friend request. I'll try again after the update.
    I was having trouble finding anyone. <sob> I only have one friend <sob>

Bad news. Rachel bios are only a chance drop out of the three highest tier chests at the end of the season for Danger Room. So she is basically 4500 or bust unless you get insanely lucky.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Bad news. Rachel bios are only a chance drop out of the three highest tier chests at the end of the season for Danger Room. So she is basically 4500 or bust unless you get insanely lucky.
    Well...that sucks.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well...that sucks.
    Especially since Danger Room, while new, isn't very rewarding. The battles are essentially crap shoots, with most people having no idea how to play it, or even if they're doing anything right or wrong.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Especially since Danger Room, while new, isn't very rewarding. The battles are essentially crap shoots, with most people having no idea how to play it, or even if they're doing anything right or wrong.
    Have you tried it yet? Any success? I barely got the update, but I'm probably not going to test the mode til a bit later.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I forgot that image of the WTC in flames with the captions that accurately depict 9/11 and Rachel's eyes in the background. Kinda chilling how accurate CC was.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Here's a question!

IYHO, what should Rachel's Hound marks look like? It makes sense that they'd heal significantly, and that she'd mask them with telepathy for a significant period of time. Given that she's been in 616 and had access to their super-dermatology for years, what would you prefer the marks to be displayed as?
    On the question of what Rachel’s Hound marks should look like... Given their origins I don’t like for them to be “cute” nor do I like when they are de-emphasized or look like tiger fang marks. I DO think there’s been plenty of story space for the marks to be removed via super-science/supernatural means by now..

FWIW, Alan Davis made best use of them in Excalibur’s. I can’t track down the image, but I believe it was Davis who had the Hound Marks flare out into a Black Phoenix effect.
    CD8AADDE-FC03-44B9-A1EE-F6ED9B6276A6.jpgF6191BB5-5B11-461D-A7B0-E00AD71F03B2.jpg
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-10-2019 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added image

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On the question of what Rachel’s Hound marks should look like... Given their origins I don’t like for them to be “cute” nor do I like when they are de-emphasized or look like tiger fang marks. I DO think there’s been plenty of story space for the marks to be removed via super-science/supernatural means by now..

FWIW, Alan Davis made best use of them in Excalibur’s. I can’t track down the image, but I believe it was Davis who had the Hound Marks flare out into a Black Phoenix effect.
    CD8AADDE-FC03-44B9-A1EE-F6ED9B6276A6.jpg
    It's funny that everyone else who has gone through some iteration of the hound process and then has been healed doesn't have the marks, but Rachel does no matter what. Is it solely because she was the prototype? Also, if that Shi'ar penile deathmark has been removed from her back (and she likely did it herself using her TK on a genetic level), wouldn't she be capable of removing her houndmarks? i'd say that they remain because artists think they are cool, but I believe it's that writers-editor-artists still are fearful of people mistaking Jean and Rachel on the same page so they are left on her to make it clear which is which. #allredheadslookalike

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's funny that everyone else who has gone through some iteration of the hound process and then has been healed doesn't have the marks, but Rachel does no matter what. Is it solely because she was the prototype? Also, if that Shi'ar penile deathmark has been removed from her back (and she likely did it herself using her TK on a genetic level), wouldn't she be capable of removing her houndmarks? i'd say that they remain because artists think they are cool, but I believe it's that writers-editor-artists still are fearful of people mistaking Jean and Rachel on the same page so they are left on her to make it clear which is which. #allredheadslookalike
    I think it is because being a hound was something significant for Rachel's story. Everybody has been a horseman of Apocalypse but only Warren seems to be seriously affected by the experience.

Other people become hounds or horsemen but the experience doesn't give anything to their characters. That was something meaningful (in a bad way but important) for Rachel
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-10-2019 at 09:17 AM.

I think it's a bit bullshit that a telekinetic can "telekinetically heal themselves".

Here's what I'd ask for: The scars remain for a while because her unresolved anguish and trauma continues to tear at the scars. She's a cutter in the most visible way.

They HEAL during her time with Excalibur, when she's able to get away from combat and engage with her emotional wreckage.

They are completely healed, and super-dermatologically invisible by the time she returns to X-Men, and only return as an expression of her psychic fury.

Have you tried it yet? Any success? I barely got the update, but I'm probably not going to test the mode til a bit later.
    Yay, I had enough crystals to get Rachel, she is T1 when you first get her and level 1. I am not sure how the danger room bonuses work, I'll figure it out as I go. Lol, I used all my exp tickets to get her to level 38, and I got her mastery to 4 with the mkran crystals I had. I also got Kitty too, but I don't have enough x-genes to do much with her at all, so I'll just level her to 40 and park her until I get more X-Genes.

So Emma and Rachel as my core team, lol!

Rachel is already mine !! yujuuuu !! Now I have to make stronger, do you think she can get a new uniform? which one would you like? I would like the one you use now in x-men or maybe the hound ^^ by the way my name in MFF is MrShinigami, add me!

Screenshot_2019-09-10-20-57-23.jpg

I did a couple rounds right when the update went live. Lost the first, won the second. Everything is just a mass clusterfuck of particle effects and nonsense (especially if Namor was picked for your team) that making out what is going on is difficult. Often victory comes down to random chance (or if you didn't have a player disconnect).

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yay, I had enough crystals to get Rachel, she is T1 when you first get her and level 1. I am not sure how the danger room bonuses work, I'll figure it out as I go. Lol, I used all my exp tickets to get her to level 38, and I got her mastery to 4 with the mkran crystals I had. I also got Kitty too, but I don't have enough x-genes to do much with her at all, so I'll just level her to 40 and park her until I get more X-Genes.

So Emma and Rachel as my core team, lol!
    I'll be getting her later today. Selling a couple games I don't play anymore to get a $30 Google Play card to get the crystal I need. Luckily I have a 6-star Mega Ticket I can use on her.