Page 127 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2210
    Mighty Member

Rachel honestly needs to interact with Hope since Jeen interacted more with Hope than Rachel did.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't think he's been reset. I think they've been psychically rehabilitating him and it's getting quirky.
    There is no way he was brought back and not reset. Emperor Vulcan would not be rehabilitated as he has had some training on how to redirect psychic energy against people. He's been reset, but I need explanations because I can't k,now Vulcan here and read some sitcom character here and say "Oh he's just happy to be home".

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Rachel honestly needs to interact with Hope since Jeen interacted more with Hope than Rachel did.
    Yeah.... is it awkward that Hope doesn't have a spot in the Summers home? i know she's not technically blood related, and kid cable is not technically her dad cable, but kinda awkward she's got no spot in the summers home. (not that i mind, i'm not a big fan of the character)

The Vulcan thing does seem awkward. i'm ok with buying into the fact that they has been some sort of resolution, but the writers need to give us some context of how we all got here, because there was some bitter rivalry and patricide last time i saw some of these Summers boys together.

Even MORE awkward is why are logan, jean and scott's room adjoining rooms?! at first i just thought they were rooms next to each other, but looking again it looks like each room connects to each other. WTF!!!! why is there polyamory now??? and with the kids across the hall! what, are the parents + logan hippies in a commune now?!? also, i hope the empty rooms are for stryfe and adam x.

i want rachel to have a place with her family. i hope this works out and i can see some good story potential leading from this starting point.
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 10-17-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Consider Gabriel's origins which made him that way. Rachel was a Hound, as she was fond of telling people every other day back in the old days ("I was a Hound!!"). She was rehabilitated from that dark past. If anyone can understand traumatic upbringings, sins of the past and recovery it is her.
    Rachel was enslaved, brainwashed and possessed. Its not quite the same thing. Everything Vulcan did was of his own choice. She was a victim of people taking advantage of her psyche and forcing her to do things against her free will. Vulcan was a sociopath and no one was controlling him. His characterization right now is very odd as are no one in the family reacting to him. This is most definitely a sign that something is off

I don't think he's been reset. I think they've been psychically rehabilitating him and it's getting quirky.
    Vulcan was too psychotic and damaged to be rehabilitated that it would have been simpler to just restore him to pre-Deadly Genesis "death". The trauma of that is what made him lose his mind and it really makes more sense to not have him have gone through that then to keep it in tact and hope to be able to fix him. Besides, I cant see Xavier having the time to deal with him. I mean I guess there's Jean but Vulcan as he was by the time he died, was a handful.

Theres also the fact that Cerebro wouldnt have had an up to date backup of Vulcan as he spent the last year of his life in space
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-17-2019 at 02:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel was enslaved, brainwashed and possessed. Its not quite the same thing. Everything Vulcan did was of his own choice. She was a victim of people taking advantage of her psyche and forcing her to do things against her free will. Vulcan was a sociopath and no one was controlling him.
    Vulcan was enslaved at birth, then dimed out by Xavier, ripped from the only home he's ever known, and left to drift in the void of space for years. That doesn't in any way excuse his actions, but the X-Men have rehabilitated or taken in other villains with less background. Why not rehab Gabriel?

And yes, they are reacting to him. They know he's off.

Vulcan was enslaved at birth, then dimed out by Xavier, ripped from the only home he's ever known, and left to drift in the void of space for years. That doesn't in any way excuse his actions, but the X-Men have rehabilitated or taken in other villains with less background. Why not rehab Gabriel?

And yes, they are reacting to him. They know he's off.
    We know he's been rehabilitated but I dont think its quite the way you think

Fantastic Member

As always excellent to hear the discussions on this thread. I think there is definitely something up with how all the mutants are behaving. I saw that someone theorized that Xavier is doing some sort of mind control and I would imagine something like that is taking place. Otherwise there are far to many questions with no real outlook for answers even being given. The whole Vulcan thing is annoying to me. To me he was irredeemable, far to many crimes and actions taken against too many in the X-Men and specifically the Summers-Grey family.

The whole sleeping arrangements thing is funny. I love seeing Rachel has a room there with the family and seeing the spare rooms gives some insight into possibilities down the road but the whole thing with Jean, Logan and Scott with the adjoining rooms is hilarious. It's the natural outcome of where that triangle should have been years ago. Remember one of the main laws of Krakoa is make more mutants and this is just a natural conclusion of it. Also Scott and Emma are probably still getting it on as well so it's a brave new world lol.

Rachel's attitude I think in the few glimpses we got of her is I thin natural for her. She has wanted that for years but when she is there she doesn't know how to behave and react. I think it's encouraging to see that kind of reaction because to me it means they might be story building there. As well as with the spikes..... I didn't quite understand that. The way they have Hezboliah talk makes it hard to understand what is being said there.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I doubt anyone will. I'm willing to bet the Five are basically comfort prisoners. The level of security around them would make the president blush.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I doubt anyone will. I'm willing to bet the Five are basically comfort prisoners. The level of security around them would make the president blush.
    We know that for a fact ?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    As always excellent to hear the discussions on this thread. I think there is definitely something up with how all the mutants are behaving. I saw that someone theorized that Xavier is doing some sort of mind control and I would imagine something like that is taking place. Otherwise there are far to many questions with no real outlook for answers even being given. The whole Vulcan thing is annoying to me. To me he was irredeemable, far to many crimes and actions taken against too many in the X-Men and specifically the Summers-Grey family.

The whole sleeping arrangements thing is funny. I love seeing Rachel has a room there with the family and seeing the spare rooms gives some insight into possibilities down the road but the whole thing with Jean, Logan and Scott with the adjoining rooms is hilarious. It's the natural outcome of where that triangle should have been years ago. Remember one of the main laws of Krakoa is make more mutants and this is just a natural conclusion of it. Also Scott and Emma are probably still getting it on as well so it's a brave new world lol.

Rachel's attitude I think in the few glimpses we got of her is I thin natural for her. She has wanted that for years but when she is there she doesn't know how to behave and react. I think it's encouraging to see that kind of reaction because to me it means they might be story building there. As well as with the spikes..... I didn't quite understand that. The way they have Hezboliah talk makes it hard to understand what is being said there.
    Yes, I noticed that ever since Rachel got the death mark branded on her in Death of Greys, we've never seen her from then on forward without being fully armored up, or now she's wearing a cape to cover things up. I wonder if the mark is still there and if it's something she's hiding out of shame for what happened to the Greys and her part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We know that for a fact ?
    We don't know anything about it, but considering how incredibly important they are for Krakoa, I have to imagine they are taking extreme precautions with them.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    We don't know anything about it, but considering how incredibly important they are for Krakoa, I have to imagine they are taking extreme precautions with them.
    Yeah, they are an incredible valuable asset for mutankind. If they die everybody stops coming back. Difficult to think someone is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, they are an incredible valuable asset for mutankind. If they die everybody stops coming back. Difficult to think someone is more important.
    If one of them dies, they can be brought back. Josh has the power to bring any of them back on his own (assuming they have the dead body). The HoX pages suggests that they might be replaceable with mutants with similar powers like Synch or Mimic, but the speed and efficiency of the process would be impacted. This would be a non-issue though as they'd focus on bringing back whichver Five member is dead and then he/she can take their place back

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If one of them dies, they can be brought back. Josh has the power to bring any of them back on his own (assuming they have the dead body). The HoX pages suggests that they might be replaceable with mutants with similar powers like Synch or Mimic, but the speed and efficiency of the process would be impacted. This would be a non-issue though as they'd focus on bringing back whichver Five member is dead and then he/she can take their place back
    but if they all die at the same time, there is no coming back

I have to admit, it's funny that Rachel only got a few panels and a mention in the floor plan and it inspired us to talk for a few pages.

It makes me happy to know that there so many people who appreciate Rachel even when she only gets moderate development.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”