Page 131 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2210
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think Rachel is going to remain as a background character and probably not get used after this little arc in the Summers House. Cable is going to Fallen Angels so he probably won't be on X-Men often. So far there is no hint that Rachel appears more than a tiny bit in X-Men #1 and #2. I am waiting to see if she gets written out or not, I think it's 50/50 she leaves in X-Men #2 to return to the future or just leaves.
    Again, based on what evidence is she going into the future or leaving the X-Men vs. maybe or maybe not being in some issues for a while? As a fan of the character this kills me because there is literally nothing that points to these worst case scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does Rachel still have the "Prestige" codename, or do they just use Rachel now? Also, is she using Grey or Summers as her last name?
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Still Prestige as a code name, though she's almost always called Rachel. Her last name is currently unknown. Some sources say Grey, some say Summers.
    She's been called Summers in the books since X-Force. I dont think there's any reason to believe she's gone back to Grey especially since they have her in the Summers home and they are emphasizing that family unit

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Again, based on what evidence is she going into the future or leaving the X-Men vs. maybe or maybe not being in some issues for a while? As a fan of the character this kills me because there is literally nothing that points to these worst case scenarios.
    I just feel they really don't know what to do with her as a character. I don't think it's going to change, they don't have a clue what to do with her.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

CBR - Comic Book Resources: X-Men: All Of Rachel Summers’ Powers, Ranked | CBR.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-rachel-summers-powers-ranked/

Decent list until they ranked Rachel unlocking her potential in Gold as #2

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Decent list until they ranked Rachel unlocking her potential in Gold as #2
    Well they did make a big deal about that in Gold, that Rachel had to face the fears she has about her own powers and accept the darker part of her own personality. I think they were even trying to make a point that she associated the hound programming with the upper limits of her power, but it really wasn't.

<sigh> there were small parts of Gold that I actually liked, but yeah overall the series was really bad.

Well they did make a big deal about that in Gold, that Rachel had to face the fears she has about her own powers and accept the darker part of her own personality. I think they were even trying to make a point that she associated the hound programming with the upper limits of her power, but it really wasn't.

<sigh> there were small parts of Gold that I actually liked, but yeah overall the series was really bad.
    The problem is it went nowhere and it kinda invalidated her previous accomplishments. Her "unlocking" her potential for some reason made her weaker and less effective than she had been portrayed to be for decades. Who can forget Storm and Rogue being shocked that Rachel's powers grew so strong that she could now use her TP long distance? It was cringeworthy

CBR - Comic Book Resources: X-Men: All Of Rachel Summers’ Powers, Ranked | CBR.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-rachel-summers-powers-ranked/
    Still my favorite Summer.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Still my favorite Summer.
    She's mine too, Rachel was how I got started in comics and she will always be my #1. I struggle with how she is written without any consistency from writer to writer and I hold out hope that someone will eventually take up writing Rachel who actually likes her as a character and wants to tell her story.

I don't think that time is now unfortunately. I love Dawn of X, I really do, but I don't see Rachel as being anything more than periphery background character for this run and I don't think she will be anything beyond that for the next year or two.

At least she is being shown getting something she always wanted, living in a home with Scott and Jean, so in a way she got her dream at last, she got to live with her Mom and Dad at the same time and be a close part of their lives.

She's mine too, Rachel was how I got started in comics and she will always be my #1. I struggle with how she is written without any consistency from writer to writer and I hold out hope that someone will eventually take up writing Rachel who actually likes her as a character and wants to tell her story.

I don't think that time is now unfortunately. I love Dawn of X, I really do, but I don't see Rachel as being anything more than periphery background character for this run and I don't think she will be anything beyond that for the next year or two.

At least she is being shown getting something she always wanted, living in a home with Scott and Jean, so in a way she got her dream at last, she got to live with her Mom and Dad at the same time and be a close part of their lives.
    Rachel needs to be on a team where she can shine. I think she would be amazing on an X-Force team.

This was the moment Rachel became my favorite Summers. That hound custome was the **** to me back then.
    RCO020_1469327960~2.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Rachel needs to be on a team where she can shine. I think she would be amazing on an X-Force team.

This was the moment Rachel became my favorite Summers. That hound custome was the **** to me back then.
    RCO020_1469327960~2.jpg
    I liked the contrast in that issue. Magneto trying to reform and be better. Rachel struggling with her anger and hatred towards the anti-mutant bigot. Magneto trying to hold the bullet back because he sees himself in Rachel and he's worried that she is on her way to becoming him! Magneto doesn't even know at this point that Rachel respects him because he was the leader of their group trying to escape from the concentration camp in her world!

I really wish the had kept Rachel on to work with Magneto during his time as headmaster, I think it would have been an interesting exploration of both characters, a missed opportunity.

Spectacular Member

I would say the smartest thing for her character would be swap her and Jean Grey in X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    I would say the smartest thing for her character would be swap her and Jean Grey in X-Force
    Nah, I hate when they treat them as interchangeable.

Jean is steadier and less rash than Rachel, and it makes sense she would be one of the voices of reason and restraint on X-Force.

If you put them both on X-Force, then you would have Rachel replace Quentin in the field and she would be Logan's field telepath and Jean would be the telepath for the intelligence department.

But Rachel should never be treated as a substitute for Jean, that has been an ongoing issue for years, that is also the reason why we have so few scenes of Rachel and Jean together, because the writers always keep them eternally apart from each other.

Nah, I hate when they treat them as interchangeable.

Jean is steadier and less rash than Rachel, and it makes sense she would be one of the voices of reason and restraint on X-Force.

If you put them both on X-Force, then you would have Rachel replace Quentin in the field and she would be Logan's field telepath and Jean would be the telepath for the intelligence department.

But Rachel should never be treated as a substitute for Jean, that has been an ongoing issue for years, that is also the reason why we have so few scenes of Rachel and Jean together, because the writers always keep them eternally apart from each other.
    True. I agree that Jean and Rachel are not interchangeable as they are different characters and should be shown as much. Part of the reason for the dislike of the characters by haters is for the "interchangeable" reason.