Page 112 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She spied for Scott during AvX, never on-panel complained about Cyclops during the Bendis years and left the X-Men during the “worse than Hitler” Terrigenocide.
    She attacked Scott both when he and Magik came to question McCoy about how the Sentinels are tracking them in Uncanny, and at the reading of Charles's will.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Of course Jean has never referred to Rachel as her son

Thankfully she has referred to her as daughter

Again, IA. Im not sure how much of it we will see in Hickman's run though
    So what exactly do you want? You are in this thread telling me and others to stop wanting Rachel and Jean from having a familial mother/daughter relationship. So you obviously must believe that somehow this whole thing is unfair to Jean right? So it's all about Jean just not being capable of being a mother for Rachel since Rachel isn't Jean's daughter. So again what do you want? Do you want Jean to tell Rachel outright that Rachel needs to stop calling Jean Mom and realize that Jean isn't Rachel's mother?

I want Rachel to have a relationship mother/daughter relationship with Jean, but I am sorry if that offends your desire to have Jean be independent of children, obligation, and emotional pressure. So I guess for you the best thing is if they never share panel time again and are kept as far from each other as characters as possible.

You know I like Jean, but I truly dislike the X-Men Gold version of Jean. Jean has been a mother figure for a lot of characters in the X-books, but when I want her to be have that relationship with Rachel in an ongoing way then I am somehow wrong. Half of you want Jean to have that mother/daughter relationship with Jubilee and that Jean is so much better with Jubilee and Rachel is just in the way of that.

Anyway, thank you for waking me up to who Jean Grey really is, a horrible excuse for a parent who should not be written in the same panel as Rachel Summers! Thank you for convincing me, I truly appreciate it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She attacked Scott both when he and Magik came to question McCoy about how the Sentinels are tracking them in Uncanny, and at the reading of Charles's will.
    She had no notable dialogue when Cyclops came to the school during the secret Dark Beast stuff and only telepathically calmed him down during the Last Will arc. But more notably, she defended his actions in AvX:

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    So what exactly do you want? You are in this thread telling me and others to stop wanting Rachel and Jean from having a familial mother/daughter relationship. So you obviously must believe that somehow this whole thing is unfair to Jean right? So it's all about Jean just not being capable of being a mother for Rachel since Rachel isn't Jean's daughter. So again what do you want? Do you want Jean to tell Rachel outright that Rachel needs to stop calling Jean Mom and realize that Jean isn't Rachel's mother?

I want Rachel to have a relationship mother/daughter relationship with Jean, but I am sorry if that offends your desire to have Jean be independent of children, obligation, and emotional pressure. So I guess for you the best thing is if they never share panel time again and are kept as far from each other as characters as possible.

You know I like Jean, but I truly dislike the X-Men Gold version of Jean. Jean has been a mother figure for a lot of characters in the X-books, but when I want her to be have that relationship with Rachel in an ongoing way then I am somehow wrong. Half of you want Jean to have that mother/daughter relationship with Jubilee and that Jean is so much better with Jubilee and Rachel is just in the way of that.

Anyway, thank you for waking me up to who Jean Grey really is, a horrible excuse for a parent who should not be written in the same panel as Rachel Summers! Thank you for convincing me, I truly appreciate it!
    Ive already stated what I want and Im fine with where they are at now bc Ive liked how they've been handled this past year. Ive never once told anyone to stop wanting a relationship here so please stop making things up as you keep making assertions about stuff Ive never written and using that to fuel yourself. You are being very sarcastic, condescending and your responses are laced with insulting subtext that is completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive already stated what I want and Im fine with where they are at now bc Ive liked how they've been handled this past year. Ive never once told anyone to stop wanting a relationship here so please stop making things up as you keep making assertions about stuff Ive never written and using that to fuel yourself. You are being very sarcastic, condescending and your responses are laced with insulting subtext that is completely unnecessary.
    In fairness, you're belittling Rachel and her fans in her own appreciation thread.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't get why some people always try to evade everything between Jean and Rachel, there have been bad stuff (to be honest only gold) but Jean has admitted Rachel many times as part of her family and even called her daughter. All of that is on page.
    yeah, she dind't give birth to her, good news on comics there is no need for that.

People do that for Jean but I don't see anybody questioning Cyclops parentage

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't get why some people always try to evade everything between Jean and Rachel, there have been bad stuff (to be honest only gold) but Jean has admitted Rachel many times as part of her family and even called her daughter. All of that is on page.
    yeah, she dind't give birth to her, good news on comics there is no need for that.

People do that for Jean but I don't see anybody questioning Cyclops parentage
    Because Cyclops has consistently embraced his kids, alternate reality or not.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    I´m a little tired about X-Men variant covers, its only Jean Grey... Jean Grey... and more Jean Grey U`_`
    I have enjoyed many of those variants but I would like at least one with Rachel. I love X-23 but she already has to X-men variants and she is not even on the book.

Because Cyclops has consistently embraced his kids, alternate reality or not.
    True, it is weird that people like to call him a bad dad.
    He sure is not perfect but he has been very accepting of Rachel, Cable and Nate.

In fairness, you're belittling Rachel and her fans in her own appreciation thread.
    I have not written anything negative about Rachel outside of Claremont writing her as immature which most Rachel fans have agreed with in the past. I actually wrote that she's matured quite a bit since then. Its completely untrue to say Im over here belittling Rachel. Wheres the receipts"?

BANNED

there have been bad stuff (to be honest only gold)
    Extermination exists.

Extermination exists.
    She was sad for Cable, everybody was sad for Cable. But Jean didn't run to hug Cable's own body, doens't mean she didn't care.
    Kitty was there to and did nothing. I don't think Extermination was trying to make anybody look indiferent.

BANNED

She was sad for Cable, everybody was sad for Cable. But Jean didn't run to hug Cable's own body, doens't mean she didn't care.
    Kitty was there to and did nothing. I don't think Extermination was trying to make anybody look indiferent.
    There was an entire one-shot about Jean's grief for Cable lol.

But you're right that the intent was never there to make anyone look bad. Which is why Extermination was poorly written crap like most of Brisson's work and why it's so galling that he writes an average of 3 X-books a year.

There was an entire one-shot about Jean's grief for Cable lol.
    True and it was beautiful, but that was after Extermination.

Jean and Cable's relationship is indeed more developed than hers with Rachel but that doesn't mean that Jean doesn't care.

I dont think there was anything wrong with Extermination in terms of Jean's relationships. Its really the aftermath where the ball was droppedand The Exterminated was the one place where that should have been addressed but it wasnt.