Page 124 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    wow, had no idea X-Man's name was Nathaniel

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Genetic children test positive

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where is her last name concealed?
    By not using Jean and Rachel's last names, he gets to skirt the issue of their surnames for the time being. (Hickman redacts and omits info until he wants to make the reveal all the time.)

The more interesting question is: Why are the men listed with mutant names and the women with only first, human names? Why would Hickman make that choice? To signal something for close-readers?

By the way, picking up the other loose thread of Rachel being an "immaculate" conception is also valid! The main thing that's possibly being signaled here is: Rachel isn't Cyclops' biological daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    What issue is this
    It doesn't even matter. Chris Claremont intended for her Rachel to be a hybrid phoenix/human who was the daughter of Jean Grey and the Phoenix. Everyone keeps referencing Uncanny X-Men Annual #14 I believe, where Ahab said it appeared Scott may not be Rachel's father because hound Scott could not track Rachel's location. This goes into the whole thing where Claremont originally intending that Rachel didn't have a father, she had two mothers, Phoenix and Jean.

No one has ever said in any comic anywhere that Rachel is Logan's daughter. She is either the daughter of Scott and Jean, or she is the daughter of Jean and the Phoenix, those are the two options.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    wow, had no idea X-Man's name was Nathaniel
    I think they mixed it up that time.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    By not using Jean and Rachel's last names, he gets to skirt the issue of their surnames for the time being. (Hickman redacts and omits info until he wants to make the reveal all the time.)

The more interesting question is: Why are the men listed with mutant names and the women with only first, human names? Why would Hickman make that choice? To signal something for close-readers?

By the way, picking up the other loose thread of Rachel being an "immaculate" conception is also valid! The main thing that's possibly being signaled here is: Rachel isn't Cyclops' biological daughter.
    I think you are reaching. Why does he need to reveal their last names? FYI, Jean is listed as Jean Grey in the issue

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Chris Claremont intended for her Rachel to be a hybrid phoenix/human who was the daughter of Jean Grey and the Phoenix.
    And IMHO it's a bad idea. Parentage, be it cosmic, immaculate, mundane, or illicit is a waste of everyone's time. No offense, but even Claremont had some dull and backward notions toward the properties in his care.

Fantastic Member

Loving all the discussions on here from the first issue. She was barely in it but we all knew that was going to be the case. I am just happy she was there and had some lines. Would I have preferred them to be with Jean or Scott or even Cable? yeah of course but I'll take it. Confirmation that she is apart of the larger family as a whole and has living space with them is huge! To me that means she will be popping in and out of stories. Some may not like that but at least it will keep her current and that means something will develop with her. I don't understand why they have brought Vulcan back and gave him more lines but obviously they feel they can do something with him. I like how it was the extended family. Pre Schism you would have have no arguments if people said Logan and Scott considered each other brothers and I think this is why Logan is there. For Rachel though this gives me some hope.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So I just read the issue and here are my thoughts based on what some have said:
    - In regards to the set-up flow of the sleeping quarters (aka inferred parentage), I think that is a real stretch. Like cocoa butter stretch. Also note that Nate and Ray are segmented from the others. Even though Alex and Gabriel are not adjoined, their rooms are off the same corridor as Jean/Scott/Logan. So it's like the "kids" are segmented away. And why would an adult want to share a room or connector to her teen brother's room?
    - In regards to her last name not being mentioned... most last names aren't mentioned in the book in regards to the Summers crew. So it doesn't have anything to do with Logan at this stage.
    - I do think Hepzibah was flirting with her. And I did chuckle that Rachel's response to the spikes was "yes". I wonder what the purple stuff is (aka is it the kool-aid that everyone but Corsair is drinking?)

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    And IMHO it's a bad idea. Parentage, be it cosmic, immaculate, mundane, or illicit is a waste of everyone's time. No offense, but even Claremont had some dull and backward notions toward the properties in his care.
    I agree. It just makes it far more confusing to new readers and insulting to adoptees.

Rachel was raised by the Scott of her timeline. She's a Summers. It doesn't matter who is biologically her father. He raised her. Saying otherwise is offensive to adoptees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    I agree. It just makes it far more confusing to new readers and insulting to adoptees.

Rachel was raised by the Scott of her timeline. She's a Summers. It doesn't matter who is biologically her father. He raised her. Saying otherwise is offensive to adoptees.
    I absolutely agree with you. Scott Summers raised Rachel. Heck the reason she loves going out for cheeseburgers is because that is the favourite memory she has before her Dad was killed by the Sentinels, he used to take her out to his favourite diner in Chicago.

Rachel lives and breaths wanting Jean and Scott to acknowledge her as a daughter because she missing her parents more than anything else. She lost her Mom when she was 6, and her Dad when she was 10, and now Jean and Scott of the 616 are the only possible family she has.

At the very least Rachel is living with them in the Summers House so she is a part of their day to day lives, even if the comic book writers don't have a clue what to do with Rachel as a character.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So I just read the issue and here are my thoughts based on what some have said:
    - In regards to the set-up flow of the sleeping quarters (aka inferred parentage), I think that is a real stretch. Like cocoa butter stretch. Also note that Nate and Ray are segmented from the others. Even though Alex and Gabriel are not adjoined, their rooms are off the same corridor as Jean/Scott/Logan. So it's like the "kids" are segmented away. And why would an adult want to share a room or connector to her teen brother's room?
    - In regards to her last name not being mentioned... most last names aren't mentioned in the book in regards to the Summers crew. So it doesn't have anything to do with Logan at this stage.
    - I do think Hepzibah was flirting with her. And I did chuckle that Rachel's response to the spikes was "yes". I wonder what the purple stuff is (aka is it the kool-aid that everyone but Corsair is drinking?)
    i think the purple stuff is a reference to the purple drink in the dark phoenix movie, that jean and scott were drinking during the dazzler scene. and after jean drank the purple stuff in the movie, she freaked out and went all dark phoenix. in fact, the next panel after rachel's is jean. if you read it together rachel says "but not the purple stuff." and the next panel jean goes "hey." her "hey." could be at rachel's subversive dig or could be directed at scott and corsair.

i wish ray had more spotlight too, but damn i'm excited that she lives in her family's house!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    i think the purple stuff is a reference to the purple drink in the dark phoenix movie, that jean and scott were drinking during the dazzler scene. and after jean drank the purple stuff in the movie, she freaked out and went all dark phoenix. in fact, the next panel after rachel's is jean. if you read it together rachel says "but not the purple stuff." and the next panel jean goes "hey." her "hey." could be at rachel's subversive dig or could be directed at scott and corsair.

i wish ray had more spotlight too, but damn i'm excited that she lives in her family's house!!
    I didn't catch that about the purple stuff. I prefer to think you are right there and it was a subtle nod to the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Agreed, although I found her indifference to be super interesting. There are some stories there for sure.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

When Dark Phoenix was released this books were already planned, So I don't think that had anything to do with the movie