Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2210
    BANNED

I hate them. As someone else pointed out, she's looking more like Loa. At least the smirk at the first page feels kinda right.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like 'em.
    She's veering wildly into Native American territory. Thunderbird just asked what tribe she's from.

WTF is she still going by Prestige? A simple Rachel would suffice

Fantastic Member

Yay! Rachel family bonding time! Only 3 mutants featured in this issue. There should be no excuses for exclusion now. This should be gooooooood....!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WTF is she still going by Prestige? A simple Rachel would suffice
    Because if they change it, Guggenheim's Gold will rise from its grave and inflict 1000 years of sorrows on the human race. Can't risk it.

Fantastic Member

I don't mind this. This relaunch is already losing me, New Mutants was terrible and X-Force was okay yesterday, but I will always give Rachel some time. I love the smirk too but I have to ask, why the use of father? seems pretty formal. Am I just reading into that too much. Also I think it might be really good for people to be reminded again and again that she is not only Jean's daughter but Cyclops's as well. I think the last time she was with Cyclops and taking about family was AvX. Young Cable really annoys me. I don't know why anything more then shouldn't he not know at that point in his life that he is apart of the Summers family?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I don't mind this. This relaunch is already losing me, New Mutants was terrible and X-Force was okay yesterday, but I will always give Rachel some time. I love the smirk too but I have to ask, why the use of father? seems pretty formal. Am I just reading into that too much. Also I think it might be really good for people to be reminded again and again that she is not only Jean's daughter but Cyclops's as well. I think the last time she was with Cyclops and taking about family was AvX. Young Cable really annoys me. I don't know why anything more then shouldn't he not know at that point in his life that he is apart of the Summers family?
    He's been in present day for months now. How could he not know his connection to the Summers family? He came to present day bc Cyclops died in the future (that was created by the time displaced O5). Marvel hasnt delved into it but that altered things for him such that he was able to learn things earlier than the original Cable did

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Because if they change it, Guggenheim's Gold will rise from its grave and inflict 1000 years of sorrows on the human race. Can't risk it.
    best sarcastic comment of the day. <hugs>
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He's been in present day for months now. How could he not know his connection to the Summers family? He came to present day bc Cyclops died in the future (that was created by the time displaced O5). Marvel hasnt delved into it but that altered things for him such that he was able to learn things earlier than the original Cable did
    Yeah I guess that makes sense but even when he came during the Extermination event they made it seem like he already knew everyone. I read the original Cable and X-Force volumes and the revelations during and after fatal attractions and his slow acceptance of being apart of the family was drawn out over years of books. Just seems like they decided that didn't matter. I am nitpicking I know based on my own bias and feelings but it's just annoying. Still it's amazing to see Rachel sitting chatting with her brother as their Dad walks in. I don't think all three of them have been together like this ever. I may be wrong but I have been trying to think of a scene depicted in the books over the years that had all three of them in the same room. All four in the first book. No matter how terrible I am finding this reboot at least I got that.

BANNED

This Cable was told by Blaquesmith that he was Cyclops and Jean's son (through a flashback in Brisson's X-Force). He also knows about Rachel and nearly died trying to save her in the same book. He "lived" with Cyclops, even though it was more keeping him prisoner. So he's pretty attached to the Summers at this point but will probably erase his memories later when he feels the need to travel to the future.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    This Cable was told by Blaquesmith that he was Cyclops and Jean's son (through a flashback in Brisson's X-Force). He also knows about Rachel and nearly died trying to save her in the same book. He "lived" with Cyclops, even though it was more keeping him prisoner. So he's pretty attached to the Summers at this point but will probably erase his memories later when he feels the need to travel to the future.
    I must have missed that somehow. I know he revived Scott but I never saw a reason as to why and how he knew he was his father. I read the X-Force volume where he is rescuing Rachel but I don't remember that flashback. Again just so glad to see Rachel there with the family.

I must have missed that somehow. I know he revived Scott but I never saw a reason as to why and how he knew he was his father. I read the X-Force volume where he is rescuing Rachel but I don't remember that flashback. Again just so glad to see Rachel there with the family.
    I forgot about it as well but it happened in issue 5

It explains why he is so affectionate towards Scott and Jean bc he is only a few years removed from when they were torn apart from him at the end of Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. He has a chance to be with them again, something he never thought was possible

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Congratulations Rachel fans! Not only did she not just disappear after her few panels in XMen 1, it looks like she is getting that ultrarare family bonding.

Let's find out what else she does in the issue.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Yeah I guess that makes sense but even when he came during the Extermination event they made it seem like he already knew everyone. I read the original Cable and X-Force volumes and the revelations during and after fatal attractions and his slow acceptance of being apart of the family was drawn out over years of books. Just seems like they decided that didn't matter. I am nitpicking I know based on my own bias and feelings but it's just annoying. Still it's amazing to see Rachel sitting chatting with her brother as their Dad walks in. I don't think all three of them have been together like this ever. I may be wrong but I have been trying to think of a scene depicted in the books over the years that had all three of them in the same room. All four in the first book. No matter how terrible I am finding this reboot at least I got that.
    Blaquesmith took Nathan to Cable's complex where Professor was active. Hence Nathan was able to access all of Cable's logs from the past and profiles on everyone. That's probably how Nathan knew Slim and Red were Scott and Jean, the Bright Lady is his sister Rachel. These were all things Cable learned much later when he came to the past, now Nathan knows all of it up front.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Congratulations Rachel fans! Not only did she not just disappear after her few panels in XMen 1, it looks like she is getting that ultrarare family bonding.

Let's find out what else she does in the issue.
    Well it's not a Guggenheim book so hopefully she won't pass out from the strain of using her powers in the first 5 minutes of landing on the island.

Also, can we discuss how awful her houndmarks look now? God
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 11-08-2019 at 08:16 AM.