Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1737
  1. #1591
    Mighty Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe some random bird but not anything Ive ever associated with the Phoenix Force
    To be fair, what OTHER “random” bird imagery would make sense in Rachel’s case? I was disappointed that the coat wasn’t better used for raptor imagery but... it’s the only thing I would hold over from that costume period.

  2. #1592
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    To be fair, what OTHER “random” bird imagery would make sense in Rachel’s case? I was disappointed that the coat wasn’t better used for raptor imagery but... it’s the only thing I would hold over from that costume period.
    I actually like this look and the red/gold/black color scheme works really well for her character but I always feel like her designs are dragged down by this weird "edgy" fixations the spikes need to go.

  3. #1593
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I actually like this look and the red/gold/black color scheme works really well for her character but I always feel like her designs are dragged down by this weird "edgy" fixations the spikes need to go.
    That was a really nice picture, I wouldn't mind if they take Rachel a bit more in that direction.

  4. #1594
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    711

    Default

    I always saw her space costume and her turkey costume as quasi-Phoenix costumes. The space costume had a fire like design with the yellow part on her chest. The turkey costume has an almost giant phoenix symbol (just vertically elongated and without a distinct head) in the yellow part on the front. The tail feathers are kinda like wings.

  5. #1595
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Look at when Rachel has her aura out. Then look at the tassels. The pattern is almost the same.

    Attachment 86852
    Okay, i can sorta see it there but a tail isnt an element I really associate with the Phoenix. YMMV with artist but most times its not there or prominent which is why the comparison seemed like a stretch to me. Regardless, I still think the costume is ugly. It's an overly busy mess IMO

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    To be fair, what OTHER “random” bird imagery would make sense in Rachel’s case? I was disappointed that the coat wasn’t better used for raptor imagery but... it’s the only thing I would hold over from that costume period.
    The Pokemon Ho-Oh



    To be serious though, I never thought that jacket resembled a bird and definitely not the Phoenix.

  6. #1596
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I actually like this look and the red/gold/black color scheme works really well for her character but I always feel like her designs are dragged down by this weird "edgy" fixations the spikes need to go.
    The punk costume elements are the strongest parts of the Rachel Summers brand kit. Tight leather, spike studs, and frayed (feathered) fabrics are what set her apart among the dozen other psychics at Xavierís.

    For example, hereís a redesign I made.

    3E13716A-C562-4A18-948A-992628F56D65.jpg

    Punk undercut hairstyle with blonded tips so the red-to-gold gradient resembles fire. Full body red leather with spikes along the arms. Rips in the upper chest standing in for a missing Phoenix insignia, but actually a pair of 3 claw rips (Wolverine) showing her allegiance. Loose belts with thigh holsters, mirroring her fatherís yellow belts. Black mid-thigh socks worn over red leather, another punk layer. Then gold leather boots with WAY too many buckle straps to resemble feathers.

  7. #1597
    Spectacular Member OmegaPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Actually if you look at the eastern Phoenix imagery, like the japanese version, you will see that the Phoenix always has this weirds long tail feathers, that spread just like her coat. A good example is the Phoenix armor from saint seiya.

  8. #1598
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Askani what's your handle in MFF?

    Lol, I am picky about who I add as friends so I might have rejected you without thinking.
    Lol, I am in the same alliance with you. Revenant16. I changed my icon to be Rachel but I was Unworthy Thor before.

  9. #1599
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Lol, I am in the same alliance with you. Revenant16. I changed my icon to be Rachel but I was Unworthy Thor before.
    Haha, I changed my icon to Rachel too! I am running Phoenix 5 Emma, Phoenix 5 Scott, and Rachel right now, I have Rachel at level 58.

    I probably shouldn't have wasted resources upping her gear because if I can actually get back in the Danger Room I can grind out a T2 upgrade for her. I tried last night but it looks like the Danger Room was broken.

  10. #1600
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Haha, I changed my icon to Rachel too! I am running Phoenix 5 Emma, Phoenix 5 Scott, and Rachel right now, I have Rachel at level 58.

    I probably shouldn't have wasted resources upping her gear because if I can actually get back in the Danger Room I can grind out a T2 upgrade for her. I tried last night but it looks like the Danger Room was broken.
    PM me in game or on here if you need Danger Room help. I'm usually available. Though it's the two year anniversary of me and my wife buying our first house tonight, so I'll be off the computer for a change since we're getting food and watching her favorite Marvel movie (Doctor Strange).
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  11. #1601
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,351

    Default

    Rachel's Turkey coat is iconic! I made fun of it at first but it really seems like the ultra severe thing she would choose to wear, I love the tails so much.

    When it's not use the outfit just looks odd.

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Haha, I changed my icon to Rachel too! I am running Phoenix 5 Emma, Phoenix 5 Scott, and Rachel right now, I have Rachel at level 58.

    I probably shouldn't have wasted resources upping her gear because if I can actually get back in the Danger Room I can grind out a T2 upgrade for her. I tried last night but it looks like the Danger Room was broken.
    I am not a real fan of the danger room. So I'm behind on getting Rachel. Is it too hard to reach for her bios?

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    PM me in game or on here if you need Danger Room help. I'm usually available. Though it's the two year anniversary of me and my wife buying our first house tonight, so I'll be off the computer for a change since we're getting food and watching her favorite Marvel movie (Doctor Strange).
    Congrats!

  12. #1602
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Rachel's Turkey coat is iconic! I made fun of it at first but it really seems like the ultra severe thing she would choose to wear, I love the tails so much.

    When it's not use the outfit just looks odd.



    I am not a real fan of the danger room. So I'm behind on getting Rachel. Is it too hard to reach for her bios?
    Depending on how much you grind, it will take months. If you want to do it for free, your best bet is to keep grinding enough to unlock her and then using rank up tickets to get her to 6 stars but then you cant T2 her unless you grind more or have T2 Mega Advancement ticket. If you plan on using that, you might as well have bought her training pack as those tickets are pricey when they are available for sale

    Torn on Rachel, but I watched a few videos and the sentiment is that she was nerfed from the beta and really not much better than Kid Omega, who is free and much easier to level up. The Danger Room being a broken mess makes her pack almost useless if you cant connect to the mode

  13. #1603
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Rachel's Turkey coat is iconic! I made fun of it at first but it really seems like the ultra severe thing she would choose to wear, I love the tails so much.

    When it's not use the outfit just looks odd.



    I am not a real fan of the danger room. So I'm behind on getting Rachel. Is it too hard to reach for her bios?



    Congrats!
    To get her bios, you have to place highly each season in Danger Room, and even then it is only a chance. They're more obtainable than say, Silver Surfer's, but that's not saying much. And thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Depending on how much you grind, it will take months. If you want to do it for free, your best bet is to keep grinding enough to unlock her and then using rank up tickets to get her to 6 stars but then you cant T2 her unless you grind more or have T2 Mega Advancement ticket. If you plan on using that, you might as well have bought her training pack as those tickets are pricey when they are available for sale

    Torn on Rachel, but I watched a few videos and the sentiment is that she was nerfed from the beta and really not much better than Kid Omega, who is free and much easier to level up. The Danger Room being a broken mess makes her pack almost useless if you cant connect to the mode
    After playing with her for a bit, I'd say she'll end up in the high B-tier for Energy characters, while QQQ will be low B. Rachel lacks survivability on her skills, and doesn't regen health, so that's holding her back, but her CC and damage are fairly solid.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  14. #1604
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    PM me in game or on here if you need Danger Room help. I'm usually available. Though it's the two year anniversary of me and my wife buying our first house tonight, so I'll be off the computer for a change since we're getting food and watching her favorite Marvel movie (Doctor Strange).
    Lol, do you have your forum PM's cleared up. You're so popular you end up with a full inbox in a matter of days.

  15. #1605
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Lol, do you have your forum PM's cleared up. You're so popular you end up with a full inbox in a matter of days.
    Yeah, I cleaned it out a couple days ago. Forgot I have to clear sent PMs as well.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •