Page 72 of 148 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I kind of agree. I like it how Rosenberg tried to bring it across: a being that found a kinship with mutants and just wants to help. She just wanted Jean to be happy.
    And why wouldn't it want Jean to be happy? It was Jean, the best it could, it impersonated her.
    It chose Rachel as its host because at first she mistook her for Jean.
    As with love stories, we change with every person we meet and learn to know.
    The mutant cause is Jean's cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    And why wouldn't it want Jean to be happy? It was Jean, the best it could, it impersonated her.
    It chose Rachel as its host because at first she mistook her for Jean.
    As with love stories, we change with every person we meet and learn to know.
    The mutant cause is Jean's cause.
    I think the Phoenix knew Rachel was alternate Jean's daughter. She scanned Rachel's memories before following her back to 811 to talk to Kate Pryde. Then Phoenix struck a bargain with Kate on what to do about Rachel, Phoenix would help Kate attack the Sentinel High Command and nuke it, in the explosion she would take Rachel to the 616 universe and scatter her memories so Rachel could try and live a normal life. The idea was that the explosion would also have the added benefit of hiding the portal that Phoenix opened to physically take Rachel from 811 to 616. The problem was that Nimrod woke up, he scanned the portal and reported it's presence to the central AI before going through it himself and following Rachel to the 616 universe.

Marvel Rachel history recopilation

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rachel-summers

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Why do they say that she's Phoenix powered in the article intro? Did they not even read the issue they are advertising? Also I find it interesting they skip over almost all of her history with the X-men (and Jean). i get that it makes it extremely complicated, but they could have mentioned some of the other things. Oh Marvel.....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Why do they say that she's Phoenix powered in the article intro? Did they not even read the issue they are advertising? Also I find it interesting they skip over almost all of her history with the X-men (and Jean). i get that it makes it extremely complicated, but they could have mentioned some of the other things. Oh Marvel.....
    The article doesnt actually say she is Phoenix powered. They didnt actually skip over her history. The article is about her origins and the early Claremont issues cover her origins with the team. The stuff with Excalibur and the X-men that would come over the next 3 decades would change the point of the article

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The article doesnt actually say she is Phoenix powered. They didnt actually skip over her history. The article is about her origins and the early Claremont issues cover her origins with the team. The stuff with Excalibur and the X-men that would come over the next 3 decades would change the point of the article
    "See where it all began for Rachel as you read this week's Phoenix-powered 'X-Force' #9!"

"See where it all began for Rachel as you read this week's Phoenix-powered 'X-Force' #9!"
    yeah that doesnt say Rachel is phoenix powered. Its an adjective/term used to describe the issue which in and of itself doesnt make much sense but its not used prior to naming Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah that doesnt say Rachel is phoenix powered. Its an adjective/term used to describe the issue which in and of itself doesnt make much sense but its not used prior to naming Rachel
    Semantics. By having an article on Rachel and her origins, a cover of her in Phoenix glory, and the use of the phrase "Phoenix-powered" at the top heading one would extrapolate that Rachel is back in the Phoenix saddle. It's misleading as anyone would/could assume that the Phoenix Force appears in the issue through Rachel based on those. Wouldn't be a large leap at all to infer that is what's happening.

Semantics. By having an article on Rachel and her origins, a cover of her in Phoenix glory, and the use of the phrase "Phoenix-powered" at the top heading one would extrapolate that Rachel is back in the Phoenix saddle. It's misleading as anyone would/could assume that the Phoenix Force appears in the issue through Rachel based on those. Wouldn't be a large leap at all to infer that is what's happening.
    I think her merger with Mother Askani has simply restored her Phoenix echo, or just straight out let Rachel access her full omega potential. Rachel may end up creating a bird of prey nimbus by her own choice with her elevated powers or she may possess a part of the Phoenix Force that has been bonded with her permanently. I don't think she is going to be the host for the Phoenix, I think she has a part of the Phoenix force that belongs to her.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have slowly getting used to Prestige.
    Any of you like the name already or still hate it?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Nope it’s the wrong word for her. It’s the word you’d use for a show off, not a berserker. Rachel is a coiled rattlesnake, not a peacock.

Nope, still hate it. Askani, Starchilde, or Revenant of existing nicknames/codenames work for me. No Phoenix (unless she has it), no Hound, no Prestige, no Marvel Girl.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Odin was also shagging her. Because reasons.

Honestly, Avengers B.C. reads as completely off the wall fan fiction.
    Avengers BC is actually an insult to fan fiction. I've read better from rank amateurs. I'm sure we all have.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I like the word, prestige. Loved it even more once once I saw the movie. I just don't like the name for Rachel. They should have followed the movie and used it for a mystical character.

Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course...it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige".

Now you have me wondering who will get the names Pledge and Turn.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

In the UK it is a brand of kitchenware. It's a bit uninspiring.