Page 44 of 148 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

It's a sound system.

Cerebra.jpg

Bad Decision.jpg

You could do a whole series of Iceman making Apocalypse look bad.

lol those were all awesome, definitely made my day before leaving to drive home from work.

Yeah, these are all pretty sweet. I liked the trainwreck one more than I should. Kitty's "Oh sweetie no" just made me grin uncontrollably.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

We need someone to write a Hawkeye-like action-comedy series starring Rachel and Iceman in Park Slope.

I actually thought they could introduce the X-Men into the MCU using Rachel. Sort of using Days of Future Past, Rachel travels back to try and change the past and then finds that the mutants are missing from the world entirely. It could be that Charles used Cerebro to hide the mutants. I think they could do an interesting TV series around Rachel focused on her trying to change history before time runs out. They could even have Cable pop in too. They would be able to introduce any teams they want by doing it that way, just having Rachel try and find out what happened to the mutants in the MCU reality.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Bad Decision.jpg

You could do a whole series of Iceman making Apocalypse look bad.
    Rogue as Pestilence and Forge as War are so obvious I'm surprised they never made it as Horsemen

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

So the solicitations for July are out, and it doesn't look so good:

X-FORCE #10
    ED BRISSON (W)
    Dylan Burnett (A)
    Cover by Valerio Schiti
    With Rachel Summers under his control, Stryfe and his Mutant Liberation Front finally have the power to secure their futures – at the cost of everyone else’s. Will Cable and his X-Force be able to stop them, or will the time stream be forever altered? Find out in this final showdown!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

it seems like she will be on stryfe's control until the very end.
    what a shame, that could probably reduce her role to minion/plot device.

I hope there is at least one good interaction with kid cable

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, this book was clearly a holdover from the previous editor, and since Hickman seems to be using both Cable and Rachel, there was no room for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, this book was clearly a holdover from the previous editor, and since Hickman seems to be using both Cable and Rachel, there was no room for it.
    I saw the solicit and it makes me think that they really are going to kill Rachel off. She probably only appears in HoX/PoX as part of the "hidden history" of the X-Men. I guess that makes sense because when she was Mother Askani she was making small changes to the past here and there. They already covered that once before with Rachel following Tanya Trask back to prevent Tanya from trying to stop the Sentinel Program at the beginning. Rachel convinced Tanya that it was too much change and there was no way to predict what would happen after a significant change like that was made to the timeline.

I keep getting more and more pessimistic, I was hoping Rachel was going to free herself, but obviously I was wrong. I guess I'll read X-Force to the end, but if this really is the end of Rachel I think I am done with X-comics for a while.

should I shave my head and make a video on youtube asking marvel to leave Rachel alone? ........will the molestation of this character ever be over ?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Rogue as Pestilence and Forge as War are so obvious I'm surprised they never made it as Horsemen
    wouldn't Rogue work better as famine?
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-18-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    should I shave my head and make a video on youtube asking marvel to leave Rachel alone? ........will the molestation of this character ever be over ?
    I guess they can't destroy her any more if they kill her. Cable will save the universe by killing Rachel before Stryfe can use her to change the past. She'll probably get her memories back right at the moment of her death so it can be a tiny bit angsty before she dies.

Bleh, I hate that she has absolutely no agency at all. I wanted her to free herself from Stryfe, but it looks like she is going to go down to the bitter end as Stryfe's slave.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    it seems like she will be on stryfe's control until the very end.
    what a shame, that could probably reduce her role to minion/plot device.

I hope there is at least one good interaction with kid cable
    Seriously, because I am pretty sure she is toast after this and the will likely only be referenced in Hickman. I'm already seething at the notion that she remains his hound/salve for the entirety of the book and then is left in the future or dies. Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I don't know if that is necessarily true. I think both may appear or be referenced but I would be shocked if he used Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I saw the solicit and it makes me think that they really are going to kill Rachel off. She probably only appears in HoX/PoX as part of the "hidden history" of the X-Men. I guess that makes sense because when she was Mother Askani she was making small changes to the past here and there. They already covered that once before with Rachel following Tanya Trask back to prevent Tanya from trying to stop the Sentinel Program at the beginning. Rachel convinced Tanya that it was too much change and there was no way to predict what would happen after a significant change like that was made to the timeline.

I keep getting more and more pessimistic, I was hoping Rachel was going to free herself, but obviously I was wrong. I guess I'll read X-Force to the end, but if this really is the end of Rachel I think I am done with X-comics for a while.
    Seriously. I did't wanna go that route but this solicit literally makes me want to hurt something. And yes, if they kill Rachel off I'm done with the X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

wouldn't Rogue work better as famine?
    I will do it too!
    And yes, rogue would be a much better Famine. If I remember correctly there was that Avengers Alliance game that she in fact was Famine.

I don't even want things from X-Force's plot anymore, I just want Burnett to draw the pretty firebird as a free and not dead woman.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate