Page 121 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2210

I still think Rachel Summers was at her best during Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I still think Rachel Summers was at her best during Excalibur.
    This isn't remotely controversial.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    This isn't remotely controversial.
    It really isn't but there are good things in many other series.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    It really isn't but there are good things in many other series.
    I am trying not to post too much because talking about Rachel is the one thing that makes me pessimistic about Dawn of X. I am waiting to see if Hickman uses her other than as a supporting character for Cable and nothing else. If X-Men #1 has no dialogue with Jean and Scott talking to Rachel at all then I know that she isn't going to be used past the first issue.

I still think the only reason that Rachel appears with Cable in X-Men #1 and #2 is that she and Nathan have been running their own private ops together and they run into the X-Men and end up working with them on a mission.

Rachel isn't in Fallen Angels so after X-Men #2 it's probable she gets sidelined out, perhaps to become Mother Askani 2000 years in the future.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Rachel isn't in Fallen Angels so after X-Men #2 it's probable she gets sidelined out, perhaps to become Mother Askani 2000 years in the future.
    I think as Rachel fans we are hyper sensitive to her appearance (or lack of) moving out of the abysmal past two years. Just because she isn't featured in a book as a main cast member doesn't mean she's dying/disappearing/being sent off to the future. It's way to early to tell anything and we haven't even seen her in the book yet. She could be used more frequently because other TP's are on teams, she could not. It would be really disappointing if she isn't used again in the near future, but to already make reasons as to why she's not appearing in books she was never slated for is only going to drive you mad or get you depressed. Cheer up. She's alive and being used out the gate for something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think as Rachel fans we are hyper sensitive to her appearance (or lack of) moving out of the abysmal past two years. Just because she isn't featured in a book as a main cast member doesn't mean she's dying/disappearing/being sent off to the future. It's way to early to tell anything and we haven't even seen her in the book yet. She could be used more frequently because other TP's are on teams, she could not. It would be really disappointing if she isn't used again in the near future, but to already make reasons as to why she's not appearing in books she was never slated for is only going to drive you mad or get you depressed. Cheer up. She's alive and being used out the gate for something.
    I tend to agree. I am just happy there seems to be fans of the character just like myself out there. I think she will be used more then we think but less then we want.

Spectacular Member

Hi everyone! I think you're too worry for Ray. Hickman wants to use her since he put her on the preview cover as (Dark) Phoenix. There's a Phoenix' story in the future and this time it's Rachel the host. I don't know what to expect because I don't like the new changes and characterization but sure if he screwed her I will curse him by paying a voodoo master lol

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Hi everyone! I think you're too worry for Ray. Hickman wants to use her since he put her on the preview cover as (Dark) Phoenix. There's a Phoenix' story in the future and this time it's Rachel the host. I don't know what to expect because I don't like the new changes and characterization but sure if he screwed her I will curse him by paying a voodoo master lol
    It's interesting you bring that up as I don't think any of that will come to fruition to be honest. There are a lot of things on that cover that will never come to pass in his books. Such as Old Cable with a nulifier, baby/Mojobaby Havok, three versions of Storm and Wolverine, etc. I think that they wanted Dark Phoenix on the cover representing part of the X-Men's past as well as having Rachel on the cover and Mark Brooks used her last Excalibur costume to do both. I will say that you;re right, if he didn't intend for things to happen with her, she would not have been been featured on that artwork, but I don't think the Phoenix will be her story.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's interesting you bring that up as I don't think any of that will come to fruition to be honest. There are a lot of things on that cover that will never come to pass in his books. Such as Old Cable with a nulifier, baby/Mojobaby Havok, three versions of Storm and Wolverine, etc. I think that they wanted Dark Phoenix on the cover representing part of the X-Men's past as well as having Rachel on the cover and Mark Brooks used her last Excalibur costume to do both. I will say that you;re right, if he didn't intend for things to happen with her, she would not have been been featured on that artwork, but I don't think the Phoenix will be her story.
    Firestar was on the cover too and she was featured more prominently than Rachel and she didn't appear at all either. Honestly I think that cover was the same as the Decimation cover it was drawn before the story was known by the artist and a bunch of characters were thrown on it. I don't think it predicts anything about the future stories.

I will be honestly surprised if Rachel continues past the first two issues in Dawn of X. The last time that Jean and Elizabeth were both active at the same time they wrote Rachel out of the comics for years. Then when Jean died they brought Rachel back. Now Jean is back so I think Rachel is due to be written out in some way.

It's possible that there is a plan to explore something between Rachel and the Phoenix, we'll see if it's hinted in X-Men #1 and #2. I will say that X-Force #9 and #10 did show that Rachel was drawing on something that looked like the Phoenix Force. I would even say she was pretty close to allowing her anger and rage to take over completely which is the path for her becoming Dark Phoenix. We'll see if Hickman picks this up or abandons it.

It's a matter of being constantly disappointed and writers having no clue what to do with Rachel. I felt like she was an afterthought on both covers like the artists didn't have any idea of how to draw or use Rachel in the art. If that's a sign of the books themselves then I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel barely talks to anyone other than Cable and I won't be surprised if she gets a very limited number of panels showing her helping in some obscure way that they have no idea how to actually draw in the comic.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm hoping that there is a point to Rachel's absence other than no one is using her. Moira stated in PoX 6 that there can be NO precogs in Krakoa. I have to wonder if she is worried or concerned about Ray's chronoskimming powers or her psychometry powers. That's not something i would expect Hickman to not know considering how much research and knowledge he appears to have on the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm hoping that there is a point to Rachel's absence other than no one is using her. Moira stated in PoX 6 that there can be NO precogs in Krakoa. I have to wonder if she is worried or concerned about Ray's chronoskimming powers or her psychometry powers. That's not something i would expect Hickman to not know considering how much research and knowledge he appears to have on the characters.
    That aspect of Rachel's powers hasnt mattered in a LONG time so I doubt its gonna be relevant now. Besides she's not a precog, so I dont think Moira has anything to worry about from her.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That aspect of Rachel's powers hasnt mattered in a LONG time so I doubt its gonna be relevant now. Besides she's not a precog, so I dont think Moira has anything to worry about from her.
    Krakoa hasn't been relevant in a much longer time but look...there he is. lol. I obviously have zero knowledge of anything that's planned, but knowing how much research and character knowledge Hickman has, I wouldn't put it past him to make her a little more important that previous writers have. It may take him some time, but I have more faith in him than I have in the majority of the past handful of writers.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Krakoa hasn't been relevant in a much longer time but look...there he is. lol. I obviously have zero knowledge of anything that's planned, but knowing how much research and character knowledge Hickman has, I wouldn't put it past him to make her a little more important that previous writers have. It may take him some time, but I have more faith in him than I have in the majority of the past handful of writers.
    Krakoa was a major aspect of Wolverine and the X-men a few years ago, so IDA that it hasnt been relevant in much longer. It still doesnt change my point though about Rachel not being a precog and therefore not much of a threat to Moira. There have been telepaths with precog flashes, such as Jean and Psylocke, but thats not quite the same thing as your power centering around that like Destiny or Blindfold. The latter two are far more powerful with more control over this and as a result are threats

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, but Betsy has been a precog for a long time and it seems to have been forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    No, but Betsy has been a precog for a long time and it seems to have been forgotten...
    They already have another purpose for Betsy to explore her connection to magic and to the Captain Britain powers.

Honestly in regards to Rachel's powers I bet they haven't even thought about it. It's not like Rachel is Jean or Emma, she isn't integral to any stories, she is an expendable element that complicates the stories of Jean and Scott. I get the feeling that they are going to simplify things for Jean and Scott by simply writing Rachel out. I will bet that Rachel's story doesn't even end in a way that involves Jean and Scott, it will end in a way that involves Nathan because she is part of his story but not really a part of anyone else's anymore. Why have a reminder that Jean has been written as a horrible parent, it's easier to simply remove Rachel from the story so that it doesn't impact Jean's story anymore.

I don't think anyone is going to remember that Rachel is a cronoskimmer, a powerful telepath, a powerful telekinetic, or a person who is deeply connected with the Phoenix Force. Too many writers have gone by without having any clue what to do with Rachel as a character and now her entire history is just a mess of being a victim to one villain after another. I like Hickman and I even like Dawn of X, I just don't believe she is going to have any place in any of this going forward.