Page 109 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1821
  1. #1621
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    My nickgame in MFF is MrShinigami if you are online and I invite u please help me with Danger Room sessions ^^
    Sure, I want to keep going through that Crystal Pack anyway, there are lots of crystals to earn back and some upgrade stuff to get Rachel to T3 eventually.

  2. #1622
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    I am so glad we have some stuff to talk about again. We aren't going to see Rachel again till X-Men #1 and she is probably only in it a little bit. I am not holding out hope anymore that she is going to make it past X-Men #2, it sounds like after whatever the mission is that she gets sidelined again. If they decide not to use on her X-Men hopefully she gets to go with Cable to Fallen Angels, I would love it if both of them got to stay together for a while. Even better Rachel could start up a nice relationship with Laura and then Fallen Angels would be even more fun.

  3. #1623
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am so glad we have some stuff to talk about again. We aren't going to see Rachel again till X-Men #1 and she is probably only in it a little bit. I am not holding out hope anymore that she is going to make it past X-Men #2, it sounds like after whatever the mission is that she gets sidelined again. If they decide not to use on her X-Men hopefully she gets to go with Cable to Fallen Angels, I would love it if both of them got to stay together for a while. Even better Rachel could start up a nice relationship with Laura and then Fallen Angels would be even more fun.
    I'm hoping that what they said about the new direction is true and we see more rotating cast with each books, even if they do have set characters. I do hope we see Rachel around. She has ties with most of the books in some way. Kitty, Emma in one, in X-Men Cyclops, X-Force sounds right up her alley too.

  4. #1624
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am so glad we have some stuff to talk about again. We aren't going to see Rachel again till X-Men #1 and she is probably only in it a little bit. I am not holding out hope anymore that she is going to make it past X-Men #2, it sounds like after whatever the mission is that she gets sidelined again. If they decide not to use on her X-Men hopefully she gets to go with Cable to Fallen Angels, I would love it if both of them got to stay together for a while. Even better Rachel could start up a nice relationship with Laura and then Fallen Angels would be even more fun.
    Everybody is rotating on X-men but that doesn't mean they don't have a purpose, I don't believe Rachel is there, or that she will be there with Cable and Cyclops just because.
    It may not be a lot but she will gave something. At least she is on the covers, Polaris, Storm and Magneto will be on issue #1 and they aren't even on the covers.

  5. #1625
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Everybody is rotating on X-men but that doesn't mean they don't have a purpose, I don't believe Rachel is there, or that she will be there with Cable and Cyclops just because.
    It may not be a lot but she will gave something. At least she is on the covers, Polaris, Storm and Magneto will be on issue #1 and they aren't even on the covers.
    On a side note I hope we get a decent story about Lorna and Magneto, I am all about the relationship with the parents thing. We can have the Summers/Grey family and the Lehnsherr/Dane family reunions. Surprisingly enough I loved the space saga when Lorna and Rachel were on the same team, I thought they were great together.

  6. #1626
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    On a side note I hope we get a decent story about Lorna and Magneto, I am all about the relationship with the parents thing. We can have the Summers/Grey family and the Lehnsherr/Dane family reunions. Surprisingly enough I loved the space saga when Lorna and Rachel were on the same team, I thought they were great together.
    I love the interactions between Magneto and his kids. It is so complicated and dysfunctional but at the same time has some level of wholesome.

    Rachel's relationship with Cyclops was okay until Morrison, there was some strain after that. I hope it can get better on X-men

    Regarding Jean, she is Rachel's idol and Jean is usually very motherly but at the same time the circunstansces where they met could have complicated things a little. Which is sad because everything Rachel wants is Jean and Jean would usually be very accepting too. I hope their relationship is explored too. It is not the focus of the book but little interactions can do wonders if done right

  7. #1627
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love the interactions between Magneto and his kids. It is so complicated and dysfunctional but at the same time has some level of wholesome.

    Rachel's relationship with Cyclops was okay until Morrison, there was some strain after that. I hope it can get better on X-men

    Regarding Jean, she is Rachel's idol and Jean is usually very motherly but at the same time the circunstansces where they met could have complicated things a little. Which is sad because everything Rachel wants is Jean and Jean would usually be very accepting too. I hope their relationship is explored too. It is not the focus of the book but little interactions can do wonders if done right
    It would be interesting if they actually had Rachel, Scott, and Jean actually sit down in panel time to talk about what Rachel feels for them. Is there a part of Rachel that is still that little girl who lost her Mom and Dad and now she desperately wants Scott and Jean to be those parents she lost, but the problem is that Scott and Jean don't have memories of Rachel's childhood, I was thinking that it would be neat if Jean sat Rachel down and asked Rachel to share her childhood telepathically with them so that they could connect to her better and try harder to be the parents she wants.

    <sigh> I am so sappy, I just want Rachel to be happy with her Mom and Dad! Ever since I first read about Rachel, I just felt so sad for her, I want her to finally have an ongoing relationship with her parents.

  8. #1628
    Amazing Member askani_son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Im a little tired about X-Men variant covers, its only Jean Grey... Jean Grey... and more Jean Grey U`_`

  9. #1629
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am so glad we have some stuff to talk about again. We aren't going to see Rachel again till X-Men #1 and she is probably only in it a little bit. I am not holding out hope anymore that she is going to make it past X-Men #2, it sounds like after whatever the mission is that she gets sidelined again. If they decide not to use on her X-Men hopefully she gets to go with Cable to Fallen Angels, I would love it if both of them got to stay together for a while. Even better Rachel could start up a nice relationship with Laura and then Fallen Angels would be even more fun.
    Yeah, that move wouldn't be glaringly obvious at all, nope!

  10. #1630
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It would be interesting if they actually had Rachel, Scott, and Jean actually sit down in panel time to talk about what Rachel feels for them. Is there a part of Rachel that is still that little girl who lost her Mom and Dad and now she desperately wants Scott and Jean to be those parents she lost, but the problem is that Scott and Jean don't have memories of Rachel's childhood, I was thinking that it would be neat if Jean sat Rachel down and asked Rachel to share her childhood telepathically with them so that they could connect to her better and try harder to be the parents she wants.

    <sigh> I am so sappy, I just want Rachel to be happy with her Mom and Dad! Ever since I first read about Rachel, I just felt so sad for her, I want her to finally have an ongoing relationship with her parents.
    I don't think that would be good for anyone involved. I think they should definitely sit down, air out grievances, and forge a new path forward under mutuakl respect and love for each other as family. Rachel pushing her idolize parentage as an adult on another adult slightly older than her is problematic. And why would Jean even want this? Why does Jean need to conform to the idea of a Jean Grey mother Rachel lost when she was 5? I understand you're wanting them to have a relationship, but I don't see it being explored under Hickman's reign nor do I think it feels right. Close friendship and family love, absolutely. But the time for mother-daughter bonding has passed in my opinion.

  11. #1631
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't think that would be good for anyone involved. I think they should definitely sit down, air out grievances, and forge a new path forward under mutuakl respect and love for each other as family. Rachel pushing her idolize parentage as an adult on another adult slightly older than her is problematic. And why would Jean even want this? Why does Jean need to conform to the idea of a Jean Grey mother Rachel lost when she was 5? I understand you're wanting them to have a relationship, but I don't see it being explored under Hickman's reign nor do I think it feels right. Close friendship and family love, absolutely. But the time for mother-daughter bonding has passed in my opinion.
    Honestly, I don't think they are going to explore it at all. I think Jean and Rachel will have minimal interactions. Rachel will probably interact with Scott for the two issues she will be with the X-Men and then Rachel is probably going to be benched after that. But yeah, I don't believe that anyone has any intention of exploring Rachel and Jean working anything out. They are portraying Jean like a little girl these days, so I doubt that she will want to even think about being a parent to anyone.

    Other than appearing on the covers there are no official variants of Rachel at all so I don't think she is a featured character whatsoever, I think she will be benched after X-Men #2 and won't appear in any of the series after that.

    I think the only way Rachel will continue in the books is if she moves to Fallen Angels with Cable, otherwise I think they are going to bench her character.

  12. #1632
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't think that would be good for anyone involved. I think they should definitely sit down, air out grievances, and forge a new path forward under mutuakl respect and love for each other as family. Rachel pushing her idolize parentage as an adult on another adult slightly older than her is problematic. And why would Jean even want this? Why does Jean need to conform to the idea of a Jean Grey mother Rachel lost when she was 5? I understand you're wanting them to have a relationship, but I don't see it being explored under Hickman's reign nor do I think it feels right. Close friendship and family love, absolutely. But the time for mother-daughter bonding has passed in my opinion.
    Surly you recall that Jean and Rachel have talked and accepted each other as genetic mother and daughter --




    -- only recent events (writers) ignored that like three day old Sushi left in the employees cafeteria fridge.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-17-2019 at 02:00 PM.

  13. #1633
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It would be interesting if they actually had Rachel, Scott, and Jean actually sit down in panel time to talk about what Rachel feels for them. Is there a part of Rachel that is still that little girl who lost her Mom and Dad and now she desperately wants Scott and Jean to be those parents she lost, but the problem is that Scott and Jean don't have memories of Rachel's childhood, I was thinking that it would be neat if Jean sat Rachel down and asked Rachel to share her childhood telepathically with them so that they could connect to her better and try harder to be the parents she wants.

    <sigh> I am so sappy, I just want Rachel to be happy with her Mom and Dad! Ever since I first read about Rachel, I just felt so sad for her, I want her to finally have an ongoing relationship with her parents.
    Jean isnt her mother and shouldnt try to replace her. Im with Askani in thinking that this would not be a good idea.

  14. #1634
    Astonishing Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean isnt her mother and shouldnt try to replace her. Im with Askani in thinking that this would not be a good idea.
    Ok so Cable acknowledges that Rachel is his sister, but what you are saying is that Marvel took the right course in having Jean tell Rachel that she isn't her mother and to stop calling her Mom.

    So from now on Rachel should only interact with Cable and treat Jean as a stranger who doesn't matter to her since they have no relationship and no obligation to interact with each other ever. I guess they could just retcon Rachel completely and have it be that the Phoenix created her all along and that she is and always has been the daughter of the Phoenix and has no relationship to Scott and Jean whatsoever, or that she is technically the daughter of Scott and the Phoenix and has never been Jean's daughter.

  15. #1635
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Ok so Cable acknowledges that Rachel is his sister, but what you are saying is that Marvel took the right course in having Jean tell Rachel that she isn't her mother and to stop calling her Mom.

    So from now on Rachel should only interact with Cable and treat Jean as a stranger who doesn't matter to her since they have no relationship and no obligation to interact with each other ever. I guess they could just retcon Rachel completely and have it be that the Phoenix created her all along and that she is and always has been the daughter of the Phoenix and has no relationship to Scott and Jean whatsoever, or that she is technically the daughter of Scott and the Phoenix and has never been Jean's daughter.
    It isnt that simple and I get you are being sarcastic but you know it isnt. Rachel is a grown ass woman. The immature child that Claremont wrote longing for Jean to mother her did her no favors and we are long past that. The two are in a relatively good place where their connection is acknowledged but Jean isnt her actual mother and they both realize that and arent trying to force a relationship that never existed. They can have a new one based on who the characters are in 616, but its a terrible idea for Rachel to share the memories of her mother with Jean and use that as a foundation to move forward.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •