Page 113 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have enjoyed many of those variants but I would like at least one with Rachel. I love X-23 but she already has to X-men variants and she is not even on the book.
    At least the latest Jean variant shows all her costumes and puts the better full costume front and centre, it's nice to see all variations of Jean and to escape having that dumb mini skirt shoved down our throats. As for Rachel, it's pretty obvious she is a minor character going forward so I get why she doesn't get a variant. They even put her in a bulky costume, so now she isn't "sexy" enough for a cover. I am lowering my expectations, I think Rachel is going to appear for a little bit and they might even follow up a bit on the end of X-Force, but I think she gets written out by X-Men #3 and doesn't appear anymore after that.

Hopefully if they aren't going to use Rachel that they release her to another writing group and she can join the Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy or something. At least the people who want Rachel far away from Jean will be happy if they aren't even in the same editorial department anymore so there will be no more connection between Rachel and Jean going forward.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think there was anything wrong with Extermination in terms of Jean's relationships. Its really the aftermath where the ball was droppedand The Exterminated was the one place where that should have been addressed but it wasnt.
    I loved The Exterminated but that was a farewell to old Cable (who died). Rachel didn't die. Extermination ends with Cable going after Ahab after he took Rachel, and recovering was the entire point of X-force.
    I would have liked something on the Exterminated but: A-she didn't die B- It was Cable's farewell and (Adult) Jean's meeting and bonding time with Hope

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I loved The Exterminated but that was a farewell to old Cable (who died). Rachel didn't die. Extermination ends with Cable going after Ahab after he took Rachel, and recovering was the entire point of X-force.
    I would have liked something on the Exterminated but: A-she didn't die B- It was Cable's farewell and (Adult) Jean's meeting and bonding time with Hope
    Rachel should have been mentioned. A line about the X-men trying to find her wouldnt have hurt anyone nor taken the focus away from Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel should have been mentioned. A line about the X-men trying to find her wouldnt have hurt anyone nor taken the focus away from Cable
    Rachel being unable to fight Ahab, not being part of Ahab's defeat, and no mention of her afterwards was a massive disservice to the character, and IMO created a lot of the negative outlook of Rachel fans towards the future. She went a full two years of just being a mind controlled zombie.

I wish I had a printed copy of the Extermination outline to cuddle with at night that could whisper sweet plot nothings into my ear.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Rachel being unable to fight Ahab, not being part of Ahab's defeat, and no mention of her afterwards was a massive disservice to the character, and IMO created a lot of the negative outlook of Rachel fans towards the future. She went a full two years of just being a mind controlled zombie.
    That's because certain writers wanted to get rid of her -- I never thought of Rachel as being redundant unlike the fatherless Frostitutes.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-17-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    That's because certain writers wanted to get rid of her -- I never thought Rachel was redundant unlike the fatherless Frostitutes.
    The Cuckoos have never been redundant either.

"Two OCs body all the X-Men"
    "Iceman has to defeat the gay to save the world"
    "POC fridging instead of dumping her in another AU or something"
    "Young, hip Cable but he doesn't have a katana or Sharingan"
    "Boom-Boom gets the best line in an entire year of X-Men books"

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Like many mothers and daughters, Jean and Rachel have had good times and rocky times. Let's not forget the good times.

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 09-17-2019 at 07:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

And, there we have it... Jean declares that Rachel is "HER" Daughter, 'Nuff said!
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-17-2019 at 09:01 PM.

BANNED

Cassandra Nova must have been confused

BANNED

Still trawling through the past few messy years. Man, they loved to screw with Rachel. When did she get-Hounded again after Extermination?

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Still trawling through the past few messy years. Man, they loved to screw with Rachel. When did she get-Hounded again after Extermination?
    Ahab got her during Extermination, then she was a mind control puppet by the general of the weird nation from X-Force, then a mind control puppet by Baby Stryfe, then freed herself finally.