Page 75 of 148 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Phoenix already did fix her in Excalibur and she was cured of it for a while but she went through a reset after she lost the Phoenix Echo. This is one of reasons why I think last 20 years of her story should be erased and only keep End of Greys as canon.
    Curious what about “End of Greys” is worth retaining? I’m all about wholesale removal of extraneous characters, but isn’t that just a Shi’Ar slaughter?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Curious what about “End of Greys” is worth retaining? I’m all about wholesale removal of extraneous characters, but isn’t that just a Shi’Ar slaughter?
    It is the most important event for her in the last 20 years since it also later leads to her stories in space and that is worth retaining. Basically just part of continuity that her family died and she went to space and came back. Nothing more needs to be mentioned about last 20 years since nothing else of note actually happened

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Phoenix already did fix her in Excalibur and she was cured of it for a while but she went through a reset after she lost the Phoenix Echo. This is one of reasons why I think last 20 years of her story should be erased and only keep End of Greys as canon.
    Yes, she was fully healed and restored in Excalibur by the Phoenix. But during Kingbreaker when she had the Echo, Yost was essentially told to strip her down to basics including her hound marks (as Hope was coming and you CAN'T have two red heads on a team without them looking identical). So when I asked him why she was reverted back to hound programming, his response was "Well the Phoenix can also remove what it has fixed". But even before that Claremont used 2 mind control tropes with Rachel during his "Reload/New Era" run on Uncanny (Bogan and the Hauk'ka) because he can't seem to get enough of it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yes, she was fully healed and restored in Excalibur by the Phoenix. But during Kingbreaker when she had the Echo, Yost was essentially told to strip her down to basics including her hound marks (as Hope was coming and you CAN'T have two red heads on a team without them looking identical). So when I asked him why she was reverted back to hound programming, his response was "Well the Phoenix can also remove what it has fixed". But even before that Claremont used 2 mind control tropes with Rachel during his "Reload/New Era" run on Uncanny (Bogan and the Hauk'ka) because he can't seem to get enough of it.
    Interesting. Hopefully the next writer will have Rachel fix herself. Easier said than done, I know, but it's the only way that we can truly say that she's healed and can grow beyond that pattern of re-victimization. That and keep Claremont and Phoenix Force drama far, far away from Rachel. Think I'll do some mock-ups of Rachel in the Psi-Force concept. Something tells me seeing her with a coruscant bluish, silvery fiery raptor effect would be cool.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

and what happened to her awful phallic back tattoo?? I would not had minded the tatt if it didn't look so phallic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    and what happened to her awful phallic back tattoo?? I would not had minded the tatt if it didn't look so phallic.
    I just put that as Shiar being assholes

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I just put that as Shiar being assholes
    I'm laughing because I'm sure the artist who thought that up was hoping for a different reception.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Have you guys read the last X-Force issue? What do you think?
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Have you guys read the last X-Force issue? What do you think?
    burnett does 80% of the work
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    burnett does 80% of the work
    I really don't understand the direction the writer has in mind for Rachel...
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    I really don't understand the direction the writer has in mind for Rachel...
    I don't either. It's obvious she is going to save everyone, but is she going to stay in the future as Mother Askani or return to the present, I am not sure what they intend. Marvel did give her a character profile the same week X-Force came out and that seems promising, you usually only do Character profiles for characters you intend to use in an upcoming book. So that may indicate that Rachel is returning to the present and will be joining an ongoing team in October. I'll keep my hopes up that she gets to be on a team come October.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't either. It's obvious she is going to save everyone, but is she going to stay in the future as Mother Askani or return to the present, I am not sure what they intend. Marvel did give her a character profile the same week X-Force came out and that seems promising, you usually only do Character profiles for characters you intend to use in an upcoming book. So that may indicate that Rachel is returning to the present and will be joining an ongoing team in October. I'll keep my hopes up that she gets to be on a team come October.
    The book she was joining was X-Force. I dont think her profile was about some unannounced book 10 months later

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The book she was joining was X-Force. I dont think her profile was about some unannounced book 10 months later
    For truth. It was for X-Force only at this point. I do think that Brisson decided to use Rachel as a plot device once he was given the green light for X-Force, but she was always a tertiary character for him. Much like X-Force were secondary characters in their own book. I don't think we'll see anything beyond the end of 9 for her development as he has 20 pages to wrap up Cable, Stryfe, Aliyah, X-Force, and then Rachel.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Rachel is tertiary. It is just that the focus is on kid Cable but his whole reason to be there is to rescue Rachel. So is not like she isn't important.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-23-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No I meant they did a full character profile news release the same week X-Force 9 came out a couple of weeks ago. So it seems like they want to get people thinking about Rachel again. I also noticed she is showing up on a lot of different Phoenix articles on the Internet and a lot of Grey family articles on different sites. I think Rachel is being pushed alongside Jean, Scott, and Cable for a fall promotion which may indicate that they plan to use her on something past HoX/PoX. It could have been to just sell issues of X-Force #9, but I think they really wanted people to remember who Rachel is in relation to Jean, Scott, and Cable.