Page 7 of 148 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Why did she need to dress like one of Magneto's Acolytes?
    when?

/10char

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    when?

/10char
    In X-Men Gold, the color scheme was really Acolyte like. But I didn't like the codename either, Prestige!
    I just googled the costume and I remembered it more violet than black, sorry!
    Anyway, poor costume design!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I certainly do, It's all I think about when I think of Rachel. This imposter just doesn't cut it with me. Though, you can say there are a lot of imposters these days. I really didn't like what Claremont did to Rachel during Reload at all. She lost her spark. I think when Jean was killed CC wanted to make her the replacement. I know she got a lot of hate here way back during Reload with the whole dino thing, I was under a different username then right before it went down from a virus and they had to start from scratch. Ingnorants who didn't read her early X-Men appearances or her Excalibur badassery were quick to judge... and I don't think she has ever really recovered. Sucks big time.
    Part of the problem was Claremont having these temper tantrums. He wanted to bring Rachel back sooner, like right after she was returned to the present day, but she was under Weinberg's control in Cable. Additionally Betsy was supposed to be the secret psychic under Bogan's thrall, but the dead-is-dead rule was under effect. So once the Dark Sisterhood arc had completed and Weinberg was pulled from the book she was free. So that's when Claremont brought her back, on the heels of Jean's death, when he was allowed to. Then her ruined her by making her a noob and all "i want my mommy". And yes, it was a shitty time here on the boards when she first came back.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    In X-Men Gold, the color scheme was really Acolyte like. But I didn't like the codename either, Prestige!
    I just googled the costume and I remembered it more violet than black, sorry!
    Anyway, poor costume design!
    I get what Guggenheim was trying to accomplish with Rachel. He was trying to give her a name not tied to Jean. He was trying to give her a look not tied to Jean. But then he made her whine about how she's not like Jean all the time, nearly bashing Jean, which was stupid. And then he did nothing with her. Ooh she gets a power boost, you know so she can communicate telepathically with someone in the next room now. If he wanted an existing name not tied to Jean of Rachel's, he could have used Askani, Revenant, or Starchylde. But instead he let Kitty dictate her name....

Nothing Guggenheim did in that book did any favors to any of the characters other than Ink.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So, i read X-force and Ahab was there but there was no sign of Rachel.

Apparently Ahab himself is captured and was stripped from his hounds

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    So, i read X-force and Ahab was there but there was no sign of Rachel.

Apparently Ahab himself is captured and was stripped from his hounds
    What leads to the next question what they did with the Hounds and Rachel?

I doubt she's dead but Constantin does not seem to have mercy on mutants.

I get the feeling that Ahab is going to betray the general and recover his hounds.

Checking Instagram I found this:20190130_194321.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    What leads to the next question what they did with the Hounds and Rachel?

I doubt she's dead but Constantin does not seem to have mercy on mutants.
    I get the feeling that Ahab is going to betray the general and recover his hounds.
    It's either she's dead (killed off panel because she isn't worth the page space as seen previously) or she is going to come in next issue and free her master and continue being his number one slave...I mean Hound.... moving forward. Never to be a hero again, doomed to be enslaved until the next editor can determine if she's worth saving.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 01-30-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's either she's dead (killed off panel because she isn't worth the page space as seen previously) or she is going to come in next issue and free her master and continue being his number one slave...I mean Hound.... moving forward. Never to be a hero again, doomed to be enslaved until the next editor can determine is she's worth saving.
    I know things have not been easy but do not think this situation for Rachel will go on too long even because the next villain has already been revealed. Ahab is not as dangerous a villain as editors and writers would like especially when he is isolated then one of two or Rachel is saved until the end of this story or she dies.

It's either she's dead (killed off panel because she isn't worth the page space as seen previously) or she is going to come in next issue and free her master and continue being his number one slave...I mean Hound.... moving forward. Never to be a hero again, doomed to be enslaved until the next editor can determine if she's worth saving.
    She is not dead. Brisson said he had plans for Rachel. I'm 100% sure she will be alright by the end of Ahab's story.

She is not dead. Brisson said he had plans for Rachel. I'm 100% sure she will be alright by the end of Ahab's story.
    He also said she was going to play a major role in Extermination. We saw how that went. I actually don't think she's dead but I don't think she'll be coming out of her hound status anytime soon. I think he's going to continue to make Ahab a threat and keep Rachel on his lease so to speak to be a longer story and emotional pull for Cable in this series.

Well, since the X-Office thinks of Rachel as a dog that needs to be put on a leash all the time, it's only appropriate that she's now been literally put into the pound.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Off screen killing would be way better than anything that X-Office would mostly have her going through

Ultimate Member

Well young Cable didn't seem that worried about what would happen to Rachel, so her being a hound will probably be dragged out and she'll get treated like crap until some writer comes along that actually cares about her, and only then will Jean remember that she even exists and maybe then actually care anything about her...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Part of the problem was Claremont having these temper tantrums. He wanted to bring Rachel back sooner, like right after she was returned to the present day, but she was under Weinberg's control in Cable. Additionally Betsy was supposed to be the secret psychic under Bogan's thrall, but the dead-is-dead rule was under effect. So once the Dark Sisterhood arc had completed and Weinberg was pulled from the book she was free. So that's when Claremont brought her back, on the heels of Jean's death, when he was allowed to. Then her ruined her by making her a noob and all "i want my mommy". And yes, it was a shitty time here on the boards when she first came back.
    Yes, Claremont does have this tendency. It was very painful to see. I remember him saying that he thought Rachel should have another chance to be a kid again and that it made sense for her. I just scratched my head. I mean you cant just go back to being a kid after you've been Pheonix, a seasoned member of Excalibur and Mother Askani. So to me it made less sense.

I get what Guggenheim was trying to accomplish with Rachel. He was trying to give her a name not tied to Jean. He was trying to give her a look not tied to Jean. But then he made her whine about how she's not like Jean all the time, nearly bashing Jean, which was stupid. And then he did nothing with her. Ooh she gets a power boost, you know so she can communicate telepathically with someone in the next room now. If he wanted an existing name not tied to Jean of Rachel's, he could have used Askani, Revenant, or Starchylde. But instead he let Kitty dictate her name....
    I really don't get why they would have to do that. She already is different from Jean. Well, aside from Claremont trying to make her more like Jean to "honor her."

Maybe Rachels return to the hound storyline will bring her back to the edgy young woman from before?

Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-30-2019 at 09:59 PM.