Page 69 of 148 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The fact that Rachel has never gone bonkers as the PF always made me wonder if the PF is her real mother, not Jean.
    More likely that Phoenix and Jean are her parents.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I dont remember the specific name of the story but there was one universe were Rachel was daughter of the Phoenix force and Cyclops.
    I honestly prefer Cyclops being her dad. It connects Rachel with Cable and while he is certainly not a perfect father he seems to care a bit more than Jean.

Rachel not being Cyclops’ biological daughter doesn’t mean it’ll erase their relationship. Even if it was revealed that Scott isn’t her bio dad, I can still see Rachel viewing him as her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Rachel not being Cyclops’ biological daughter doesn’t mean it’ll erase their relationship. Even if it was revealed that Scott isn’t her bio dad, I can still see Rachel viewing him as her father.
    I think it will as theres barely a relationship there as is. Of course Rachel will still view him as a father of sorts, but I dont see that actually making much of an impact in the books as it doesnt really anyways

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Rachel actually mind-controlling/possessing/dominating HERSELF is overdue and meta.
    ROFL!!! x-men is hilarious.

[10char]

Fantastic Member

I personally think this is a genius move. Merging current Ray with the Mother Askani persona makes PERFECT sense for her next steps. Maybe this explains why when she came back in Reload, after she died in the Cyclops & Phoenix mini, she read as a totally different person; a younger girl, more inexperienced, de-powered, clumsy, easily mind controlled...part of her has been missing this entire time. it was right under our noses, and we've been reading at least a decade of mediocre rachel stories, and it's because she was missing a piece of herself the whole time. that's kind of nice, when you think about it. i can't wait to see what they have planned for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think it will as theres barely a relationship there as is. Of course Rachel will still view him as a father of sorts, but I dont see that actually making much of an impact in the books as it doesnt really anyways
    They barely interact (counting the Bendis era) but whenever they do, they do care for each other. She was even willing to be Scott’s spy. We could just make everyone happy and let Rachel have three parents since Jean did have her when she was bonded with the Phoenix.

They barely interact (counting the Bendis era) but whenever they do, they do care for each other. She was even willing to be Scott’s spy. We could just make everyone happy and let Rachel have three parents since Jean did have her when she was bonded with the Phoenix.
    811 Jean Grey never had the Phoenix. Back when DoFP came out it was mentioned that in all the multiverse there is only one Phoenix force and it never came to the 811 universe. There was no Dark Phoenix Saga in 811, Jean ended up marrying Scott and having a baby and was only a part time X-man. After Senator Kelly was shot by the brotherhood in 811, things started escalating and the mutant registration act was passed. Then later Mastermind threatened Philadelphia with a Nuclear Bomb, Jean and the X-Men went to Philadelphia and Jean used her TK to try and contain the explosion and she died when Rachel was 6. There was no shuttle mission for Jean in the 811, instead her big sacrifice was the Nuclear Bomb in Philadelphia. Of course the humans didn't care that some of the X-Men died trying to stop Mastermind, they only cared that a mutant had set off a nuclear bomb, they then passed the mutant detention act and removed all rights from mutants. The X-Men lived in a very armed mansion until Rachel was ten and then the Sentinels attacked the X-Men and killed a large number of them. In a coordinated attack the Avengers and Fantastic Four were also targeted and most of them were killed too. And so on form there...

As for Rachel and the Phoenix, when Rachel with the Phoenix force fought Necrom/Anti-Phoenix she drew all the power she could contain but she wasn't able to defeat him. Then she realized it was like matter and antimatter if she pulled Necrom close and matched his energy signature they would cancel each other out and die.

Of course the Phoenix is a being of Life > Death > Rebirth so when it was reborn it was upset that Rachel had died so the Phoenix resurrected her too. It required an infusion of the Phoenix force and after Rachel was resurrected and recovering in a coma, the Phoenix mentally told Charles, Jean, Moira, Kitty, and Kurt that she had been hiding some of Rachel's memories all this time because she promised Kate Pryde she would help Rachel get over everything that happened to her and forget. Phoenix then told them that because of how she brought Rachel back as part of herself this meant that Rachel would be forever tied to the Phoenix force. This even makes sense because when Rachel encountered the Phoenix sword she siphoned off half of it's power into herself just by touching it.

And even without the Phoenix force for a long time she would manifest a Phoenix flame around her eye when she used her powers and occasionally when she went all out her powers would take the form of the Phoenix.

Ugh the Phoenix is the least interesting thing about Rachel Summers.
    Jean Grey and Scott Summers are the NEXT to least interesting thing about Rachel Summers.

What *is* interesting about Rachel Summers you might ask?

Her relationship with Kitty Pryde.
    Her relationship with Kurt Wagner.
    Her relationship with Wolverine.
    Her relationship with Meggan Braddock, Captain Britain, and Psylocke.
    Her relationship with Charles Xavier, Storm, and Colossus.
    Her trauma with Selene Gallio.
    Her trauma with Ahab.
    Her trauma with Mogo.
    Her anxieties about the future.
    Her anxieties about self-control.
    Her fashion sense.
    Her hobbies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I dont remember the specific name of the story but there was one universe were Rachel was daughter of the Phoenix force and Cyclops.
    I recall there was a What If? story from the 90s where Jean was an amnesiac Phoenix Force who got married to Scott and have Rachel. Rachel manifested mutant powers early due to the Shadow King's machinations, including aging her up. After defeating her, "Jean" ages her back to a child and I think merges with the real Jean. Superhuman Registration Act passes, Gyrich becomes president, makes a bunch of Sentinels, kills a bunch of heroes, and Jean single-handedly slays Master Mold and all the Sentinels beneath it before flying off into space and becoming one with the universe or something.

Fantastic Member

Jean Grey and Scott Summers are the NEXT to least interesting thing about Rachel Summers.

What *is* interesting about Rachel Summers you might ask?

Her relationship with Kitty Pryde.
    Her relationship with Kurt Wagner.
    Her relationship with Wolverine.
    Her relationship with Meggan Braddock, Captain Britain, and Psylocke.
    Her relationship with Charles Xavier, Storm, and Colossus.
    Her trauma with Selene Gallio.
    Her trauma with Ahab.
    Her trauma with Mogo.
    Her anxieties about the future.
    Her anxieties about self-control.
    Her fashion sense.
    Her hobbies.
    Actually I feel like her relationship with Cable is pretty interesting.
    Also the forgotten friendship she had with Magma wa cool too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I recall there was a What If? story from the 90s where Jean was an amnesiac Phoenix Force who got married to Scott and have Rachel. Rachel manifested mutant powers early due to the Shadow King's machinations, including aging her up. After defeating her, "Jean" ages her back to a child and I think merges with the real Jean. Superhuman Registration Act passes, Gyrich becomes president, makes a bunch of Sentinels, kills a bunch of heroes, and Jean single-handedly slays Master Mold and all the Sentinels beneath it before flying off into space and becoming one with the universe or something.
    I remember this one! Loved that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Actually I feel like her relationship with Cable is pretty interesting.
    Also the forgotten friendship she had with Magma wa cool too.
    Were they actually friends or did they link up bc they both mutually wanted to kill Selene for different reasons? I dont remember any interaction beyond that

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like this new development. Not quite what I expected but...better.

BANNED

It makes Rachel weird. No father. Her mother got herself pregnant. There’s absolutely no reason to go for the most ridiculous and convoluted theories. It’s established Cyclops his her father, biologically speaking.