Page 54 of 148 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Rachel always looks off model with long hair. They should always keep it short

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel always looks off model with long hair. They should always keep it short
    She would look like Jean with her hair long.
    According to Wolverine Rachel is supposed to look very much as Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Bingo. It works so well with her. But give her back the Turkey Coat. The tail feather motif is godlike.

Well Rachel sort of got to talk this time, she was being mind controlled by Stryfe's weird telepath things to broadcast a trap to the Clan Askani. I felt like the story just stood still for the entire issue with nothing really happening except Stryfe setting the trap for Clan Askani, that's pretty much it. X-Force just spent the entire issue talking and waiting for Deathlock to find a way to open the portal to the future. I guess the next issue may be X-Force trying to stop the massacre of Clan Askani.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well Rachel sort of got to talk this time, she was being mind controlled by Stryfe's weird telepath things to broadcast a trap to the Clan Askani. I felt like the story just stood still for the entire issue with nothing really happening except Stryfe setting the trap for Clan Askani, that's pretty much it. X-Force just spent the entire issue talking and waiting for Deathlock to find a way to open the portal to the future. I guess the next issue may be X-Force trying to stop the massacre of Clan Askani.
    I don't have access to an LCS so I won't be able to read this until next week. So they finally broke her of the hound programming to then use her to lay a trap. Do we see the shear confusion of the Clan Askani as to how and why a young Mother Askani is contacting them? I'm so confused as to where this story is going now.

Meanwhile I would be ok with a focus on X-Force as they have been wallpaper in their own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't have access to an LCS so I won't be able to read this until next week. So they finally broke her of the hound programming to then use her to lay a trap. Do we see the shear confusion of the Clan Askani as to how and why a young Mother Askani is contacting them? I'm so confused as to where this story is going now.

Meanwhile I would be ok with a focus on X-Force as they have been wallpaper in their own book.
    No they just broke her devotion to Ahab, she still isn't totally subverted to Stryfe, it's more like they have disconnected her devotion to Ahab, she is still a Hound, they have given her the ability to speak again, but they had to constantly concentrate to mind control her. In a sense she is just a puppet being controlled by Stryfe's telepath goons. She isn't devoted to Stryfe or anything, they have to actively concentrate to maintain their hold on her mind that is in chaos still.

I'm hopeful that she will still come out of this whole. I know we know next to nothing about HOX/POX, but maybe she will show up. When she showed up after a long time in limbo "at least she's being written". Now I might have to take it back. Just terrible retreads of her story and mind control ... again...
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Sam also called Cable and Rachel his family. Felt odd bc he doesnt have that much history with her but it was a nice acknowledgement.

Sam also called Cable and Rachel his family. Felt odd bc he doesnt have that much history with her but it was a nice acknowledgement.
    Yeah and I think Shatterstar said he only cared about saving Rachel and kid cable could go stuff himself. So at least the whole series seems to have focussed down to be "Save Rachel Summers" as the core story.

I don't know if that's a good thing or not, I still don't know if she is going to survive this, but it feels like it might bode well that they keep mentioning that the mission is now about saving Rachel.

Every Rachel story is about mind-control or being abused by a villain. Give her character a happy ending already, for god's sake.

Fantastic Member

Sam has known Rachel since before he met Cable. Sam’s been friends/acquaintances with Rachel since his new mutants days. Rachel has even appeared in a few new mutants stories. Also, she and Sam were teammates when Claremont took over in Uncanny 444. Ray has been teammates with both Sam and James in the past. It makes sense for them to be concerned for her.

Shatterstar on the other hand has no link to Ray outside of interrupting the team meeting Ray was leading in Extermination, although it was nice to see him sharing Sam’s sentiment. Domino also seems to be onboard with saving Ray and I appreciate that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Sam has known Rachel since before he met Cable. Sam’s been friends/acquaintances with Rachel since his new mutants days. Rachel has even appeared in a few new mutants stories. Also, she and Sam were teammates when Claremont took over in Uncanny 444. Ray has been teammates with both Sam and James in the past. It makes sense for them to be concerned for her.

Shatterstar on the other hand has no link to Ray outside of interrupting the team meeting Ray was leading in Extermination, although it was nice to see him sharing Sam’s sentiment. Domino also seems to be onboard with saving Ray and I appreciate that too.
    I know they know each other which is why I said they dont have much history together bc they dont. They lived together at the X-mansion very briefly during the NM days adn they didnt have anything to do with each other until Claremont's Uncanny run decades later where Cannonball was a member for a total of 4 issues. He had no significant interaction with Rachel there. He referring to her as family is off bc he doesnt really know her too well

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Every Rachel story is about mind-control or being abused by a villain. Give her character a happy ending already, for god's sake.
    "Every X-Men story is the same."

Fantastic Member

I know they know each other which is why I said they dont have much history together bc they dont. They lived together at the X-mansion very briefly during the NM days adn they didnt have anything to do with each other until Claremont's Uncanny run decades later where Cannonball was a member for a total of 4 issues. He had no significant interaction with Rachel there. He referring to her as family is off bc he doesnt really know her too well
    Sam and Rachel were also both involved in the new mutants story together where dazzler guest starred ish: #29-32 and ALSO shared adventures in the X-Men/Alpha Flight Asgard crossover annuals. And like you said, they’ve lived at the x-mansion at the same time. They’ve actually have more shared history than most folks remember.

4182CEDB-71BB-4ADB-BAEC-0FF6632005F6.jpg8282555D-79B4-40CD-92DF-22C1A51064BC.jpg