Page 73 of 148 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have slowly getting used to Prestige.
    Any of you like the name already or still hate it?
    Nah dog, its just you

Wow it just hit me that the Summers-Grey family have spent the past few months mind controlled/manipulated

Jean - mindwiped by Xavier, currently mindwiped by Nate Grey
    Cyclops -psychically manipulated by Emma and Sinister
    Rachel - nuff said
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-19-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah dog, its just you

Wow it just hit me that the Summers-Grey family have spent the past few months mind controlled/manipulated

Jean - mindwiped by Xavier, currently mindwiped by Nate Grey
    Cyclops -psychically manipulated by Emma and Sinister
    Rachel - nuff said
    Oh wow, dang. Also you could say Nate Grey was controlled (temporarily) by Legion.
    So that leaves Havok and Wi-Fi (until Rachel or Blaquesmith puts the whammy on young Nate) unaffected. Crazy how Alex is the stable one....

I have slowly getting used to Prestige.
    Any of you like the name already or still hate it?
    I can't help thinking of the name of the printer police "Prestige Elite"…
    Well, it's strange anyway for a codename.

It doesn't ring true for me, this need Rachel feels to differentiate herself from her mother. She has already a personality of her own and she doesn't need to make a fuss about her codename or her costume (big spikes, long coat). It's too much, really.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It doesn't ring true for me, this need Rachel feels to differentiate herself from her mother. She has already a personality of her own and she doesn't need to make a fuss about her codename or her costume (big spikes, long coat). It's too much, really.
    So do you guys/girls think she should keep the grey on her name or differentiate herself further from Jean???
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 06-19-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

So do you guys/girls think she should keep the grey on her name to differentiate herself further from Jean???
    Summers all the way
    Scott has been more of a parent than Jean has

Astonishing Member

So do you guys/girls think she should keep the grey on her name to differentiate herself further from Jean???
    Rachel Grey. It rolls off the tongue better not to mention she has the same power set as her mother as well as the Phoenix legacy.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Rachel Grey. It rolls off the tongue better not to mention she has the same power set as her mother as well as the Phoenix legacy.
    I like that connection but some people are always complaining about they being to similar.

So do you guys/girls think she should keep the grey on her name or differentiate herself further from Jean???
    I have a feeling with the solicits calling her Rachel Summers that she is going back to that name if she sticks around this fall.

I think there is a 50/50 chance she stays in the future as Mother Askani.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Nah, Summers all the way. It IS her actual name, and 616 Scott was much more of a parent to her than Jean was. Keeping the Grey name would make it seem like she's sticking to Scott for some reason.

Incredible Member

Pretty sure she switched back to Summers some time back. I personally prefer Summers name for her since she used it for pretty much all of her early days into Excalibur. Rachel Grey period has been mostly forgettable to the point that the only notable things that happened were: her family getting killed, her going to space , her coming back from space and a lot of mind control or in a coma.

BANNED

I like that connection but some people are always complaining about they being to similar.
    Yeah! No one complains about Lorna Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Yeah! No one complains about Lorna Dane.
    Why would anyone complain about Lorna? Not the same thing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would anyone complain about Lorna? Not the same thing
    Hmm? Prove it!

Can we all agree that Lorna has had the same poor characterization as Rachel over the years and she could use some love from the writers. I get what you are trying to say about "Dane" as the name she grew up with and she prefers even though she is Erik's daughter, depending whether he goes by Erik Magnus Lehnsherr or Max Eisenhardt. I believe Magneto goes by Erik Lehnsherr and I don't think Lorna has ever taken his last name as her own, I may be wrong.

Rachel was born as "Rachel Summers" and she changed her name to "Rachel Grey" because she was ticked at her dad and wanted to honour her mother who had just died in New York. Lorna goes by Dane because she grew up with it, but the Dane's are not her real parents. Rachel wavers between whether she wants to stand with one parent or the other out of her own obstinance and wavers between Summers and Grey.

The name thing is different for the two woman even though there are some similarities there with Daddy and Mommy issues that Rachel and Lorna both have. This is where I give Lorna some extra credit for being messed up, being Magneto's daughter kind of sucks and I can understand her getting a bit of a complex over the years.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I like Lorna, but this really is the Rachel thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Hmm? Prove it!
    theres nothing for me to prove. What is your argument?