Page 45 of 148 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think she will die. She will probably be rescued at the very end.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So the solicitations for July are out, and it doesn't look so good:

X-FORCE #10
    ED BRISSON (W)
    Dylan Burnett (A)
    Cover by Valerio Schiti
    With Rachel Summers under his control, Stryfe and his Mutant Liberation Front finally have the power to secure their futures – at the cost of everyone else’s. Will Cable and his X-Force be able to stop them, or will the time stream be forever altered? Find out in this final showdown!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    FFS Marvel needs to do something with her other than just having her mind controlled all the time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Only to be mind controlled by some random asshat

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I don't even want things from X-Force's plot anymore, I just want Burnett to draw the pretty firebird as a free and not dead woman.
    That would be nice.

We'll see.

I just had a thought, which makes me sick and annoyed: That Rachel does in fact become a host to the Phoenix again, but is literally a Phoenix Hound for Stryfe. Which is why things get so dire because he LITERALLY has a Dark Phoenix on leash. I know that just typing them this might be the plan and i can't explain how upset I feel about it. if that is the case they may, in fact, have to put her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Only to be mind controlled by some random asshat
    Maybe Selene will pop up to get a turn at Rachel

it seems like she will be on stryfe's control until the very end.
    what a shame, that could probably reduce her role to minion/plot device.

I hope there is at least one good interaction with kid cable
    I'm disappointed too. There's been so little Nathan & Rachel interaction and for Rachel to be mind-controlled the whole time.

"Finally, I, Rachel Summers, am on a flagship X-Team and am ready to move forward in my life!"

*Mesmero has entered the chat*

"Aw, no, not a mind control plot. Well, might as well just power through it and see what other exciting ideas the X-Office has for me--"

*Nova has entered the chat*

"Wait, we just did--"

*Ahab has entered the chat*

"I--"

*Stryfe/Dyscord has entered the chat*

"Now just hold on--"

*Hickman has entered the server*

"FINALLY! A line relaunch! Maybe now I can get some stability and new plotlines!"

*Shadow King has entered the chat*

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe Selene will pop up to get a turn at Rachel
    Emma and Selene have Rachel join the Hellfire Club as a villain would be an interesting route to go

I created an Alliance in Marvel Future Fight, and named it StopHoundingRG. The banner is Someone Save Rachel Grey.

As bad as Emma has been getting it, as least she has stuff like the Iceman and Jessica Jones stuff. Rachel's stuff has been all bad, all the time, and it is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I created an Alliance in Marvel Future Fight, and named it StopHoundingRG. The banner is Someone Save Rachel Grey.

As bad as Emma has been getting it, as least she has stuff like the Iceman and Jessica Jones stuff. Rachel's stuff has been all bad, all the time, and it is getting ridiculous.
    I want Emma to bring Rachel into the Hellfire Club and they can make their own team. Any time someone tries to mind control Rachel, Emma steps in and just says "not gonna happen".

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I want Emma to bring Rachel into the Hellfire Club and they can make their own team. Any time someone tries to mind control Rachel, Emma steps in and just says "not gonna happen".
    I'd settle for Emma fixing her past error and actually repairing Rachel's psychic defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I'd vastly prefer Rachel herself being the one that says "not gonna happen." She's powerful and skilled enough to not need her "Mom" Jean or surrogate-mom Emma to further educate and protect her. I'm hoping Stryfe will be the last person to control her for at least a decade.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I'd vastly prefer Rachel herself being the one that says "not gonna happen." She's powerful and skilled enough to not need her "Mom" Jean or surrogate-mom Emma to further educate and protect her. I'm hoping Stryfe will be the last person to control her for at least a decade.
    Very unlikely. She will be mind controlled all the time, that is pretty much her shtick at this point

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I know this has come up before in previous threads, but with the solicitation for #10 revealing that she is still a hound for Stryfe it bares further examination and discussion:

Why is it ok for writers (male in particular) to continually assault one specific female character for stories? Why is it ok to have a strong woman raped (mentally, physically, etc) 3 times in 4 months in 3 different books? Why is it ok to make her a perpetual victim that requires saving? Why is she not allowed to be out of this cycle?

In the light of recent events around the US, and in particular a institution of higher ed I used to work for, I find it extremely offensive that Marvel condones this story line for any character. Are they that tone deaf that they don't see that people are upset that Rachel is forced to be people's slave? To be doing unthinkable acts for a "master" that goes against what they stand for? Do they think people are enjoying watching her act this way? That people want her to be a slave?

I'm done. For this point forward every week I am going to write to the X-Men Mondays, to Jordan White, to Cebulski, and to Brisson that this needs to be finished. It's disrespectful and hurtful to victims of abuse and sends a bad message that you will never stop being a victim.

I may sound dramatic but I'm upset and this just put me over the edge. /soapbox

I wouldn't mind seeing Rachel with Auntie Emma, but I'd rather see her with the Phoenix out in space. If the Guardians of the Galaxy didn't have Moondragon on the team, I could see her filling out that spot. The X-Office will never give her her due respect with Jean around. They couldn't do it even with Jean up in the White Hot Room for all those years. They see her as the lesser Grey/Summer with too much baggage, even though Cable's and Bishop's history is much more complicated than hers.