Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
I still am holding out that Blaquesmith is going to come along and help salvage her. That scenario has as much a chance happening as her 'family' caring she's missing.

Any who, it looks like we're all chatting about the ways that she could be used in the future. I like the idea of her working with Emma and the HFC. While she would likely be resentful at first, she does respect Emma as a fellow telepath and I think them working together would be wonderful. Rachel could serve as the mutant saver - going in a saving mutants in peril from attacks and bringing them back to a new HFC school. It would also be a great FU to the X-Men and Kitty & co.

I don't see her ever working with Selene unless she was pawned off as a slave or was full evil. And even still she'd likely kill Selene anyways.

Also I think she would do wonders to go up to Asteroid M and work with Magneto (when he's released from the horrors of this Disassembled event). While they have had a difference of opinion on things recently, their shared trauma of genocide and the abandonment by the X-Men would make her a willing partner. He needs another powerful psychic and experienced teacher up there with the new mutants.
The only real paths I see going forward for Rachel are to join Magneto or Emma if she is to stay in the X-men series as is or a power change to prevent her from being compared to Jean or getting killed off or removed from the X-men. There can be more drastic things that could be possible but anything other than these and she will just be a background character.