Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I still am holding out that Blaquesmith is going to come along and help salvage her. That scenario has as much a chance happening as her 'family' caring she's missing.

Any who, it looks like we're all chatting about the ways that she could be used in the future. I like the idea of her working with Emma and the HFC. While she would likely be resentful at first, she does respect Emma as a fellow telepath and I think them working together would be wonderful. Rachel could serve as the mutant saver - going in a saving mutants in peril from attacks and bringing them back to a new HFC school. It would also be a great FU to the X-Men and Kitty & co.

I don't see her ever working with Selene unless she was pawned off as a slave or was full evil. And even still she'd likely kill Selene anyways.

Also I think she would do wonders to go up to Asteroid M and work with Magneto (when he's released from the horrors of this Disassembled event). While they have had a difference of opinion on things recently, their shared trauma of genocide and the abandonment by the X-Men would make her a willing partner. He needs another powerful psychic and experienced teacher up there with the new mutants.
    The only real paths I see going forward for Rachel are to join Magneto or Emma if she is to stay in the X-men series as is or a power change to prevent her from being compared to Jean or getting killed off or removed from the X-men. There can be more drastic things that could be possible but anything other than these and she will just be a background character.

Last Christmas my friend gave me a drawing of Rachel, all my friends know that she is my favorite character, he did not know very well what she was like, I remember one day he asked to me what was my favorite stage of Rachel in the comics, I told him that her stage in Excalibur, and he drew me these wonderful watercolor drawings, I want to share it with you.

thumbnail_20190111_190407.jpg
    thumbnail_20190111_190429.jpg

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Last Christmas my friend gave me a drawing of Rachel, all my friends know that she is my favorite character, he did not know very well what she was like, I remember one day he asked to me what was my favorite stage of Rachel in the comics, I told him that her stage in Excalibur, and he drew me these wonderful watercolor drawings, I want to share it with you.

thumbnail_20190111_190407.jpg
    thumbnail_20190111_190429.jpg
    Those are great!! Congrats, what a nice gift and how talented your friend is!

Ultimate Member

I begin to wonder how long Marvel will leave Rachel under Ahab's control...and fear that it could be some time and that with everything happening she could get lost in the shuffle until some writer remembers her...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I begin to wonder how long Marvel will leave Rachel under Ahab's control...and fear that it could be some time and that with everything happening she could get lost in the shuffle until some writer remembers her...
    It might be better for her to be forgotten for now than being treated like absolute trash like she is now

I threw my Extermination 5 comic across the room when I read how they left things with Rachel. I was so angry at Marvel for leaving it that way. It's almost a month later and it still burns me that they did that with her. My only hope is that the X-Force writer decides to explore the brother/sister relationship with Cable and Rachel. I would love to see a team book where the two of them are on the same team indefinitely and keep her away from the regular X books for a long time.

That being said, I love the idea of her getting away from Ahab and going to Emma. What would be even better is if Emma gets wind of the whole Hound Experimentation after she goes through all of Shaw's files in the Hellfire Club, she raids a hound facility with her own mercenary team and ends up rescuing Rachel herself. That would be an epic story to tell, and they could even have it that Emma stars her own X-Treme X-Men group using Rachel as one of the starting members.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

But if Rachel went with Emma, wouldn't that complicate her relationship with Jean even more?
    I know it is already complicated but i would prefer to make it better instead of worse.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    But if Rachel went with Emma, wouldn't that complicate her relationship with Jean even more?
    I know it is already complicated but i would prefer to make it better instead of worse.
    Juicy drama is good.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Jean made it clear several times that her relationship to Rachel is co-workers. It's tragic, and I hate it, but she never accepted Rachel like she accepted Nate or Nathan.

Emma has helped Rachel before, and I can see it working out well for both sides. Emma gets another telepath to prevent HFC drama, Rachel gets the help she needs.

Jean came to accept Rachel as her daughter

Incredible Member

A beautiful french cover from the 80's with Rachel:
    spstr54_10052002.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean came to accept Rachel as her daughter
    Which X-Men Gold then contradicted, followed by Extermination where no one made any attempt to help her.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Which X-Men Gold then contradicted, followed by Extermination where no one made any attempt to help her.
    We are using Guggemhein as reference instead of Taylor because?
    Extermination was really quick and the writer used it as prequel to his x-force. It's not like Jean didn't tried

Incredible Member

She had no trouble having her go with Ahab. I dont see why she'd have with Emma. On more serious note, Emma would most likely fake Rachel's death and have Rachel work with her in secret so that nobody would go looking for Rachel and in turn after her
    Last edited by Vaishakh; 01-19-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    She had no trouble having her go with Ahab. I dont see why she'd have with Emma. On more serious note, Emma would most likely fake Rachel's death and have Rachel work with her in secret so that nobody would go looking for Rachel and in turn after her
    I like it. Lets pitch it to Marvel. Emma Frost finds out that Rachel is being held at an experimental facility that is doing hound programming research under Ahab's guidance. Emma hires an army of mercenaries and they attack the base and kill everyone in the facility. They extract all the captured mutants including Rachel and then they blow the facility to kingdom come. During rehabilitation Emma dies Rachel's hair black or brunette, creates a fake ID saying Rachel's name is now Anne (Rachel's middle name) Frost, and Rachel becomes her main assistant in the Hellfire Club and Frost Industries the way Tessa was for Shaw. If they did it as a comic they could have it that Emma and Rachel work from the list of Shaw's investments over the years to destroy every hound and sentinel facility that Shaw ever put HFC money into. I thought about whether Emma would put Rachel on the Inner Circle, but if she was trying to keep Rachel hidden from everyone Emma would probably keep Rachel close as an assistant that most people wouldn't notice.