Page 60 of 148 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

There is a new Claremont Nightcrawler story in Marvel Comics Presents #5, released today. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but it looks like it takes place during Excalibur days, and it has Rachel and Kitty.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedog2 View Post
    There is a new Claremont Nightcrawler story in Marvel Comics Presents #5, released today. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but it looks like it takes place during Excalibur days, and it has Rachel and Kitty.
    Fill us in after you read it. I would love to hear and then buy such a tale as she was far more competent in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    In today's issue of X-Force Rachel was forced to send a telepathic message worldwide.
    She was then dropped by the Krang-Trio on her face as she was deemed useless by Stryfe. She made a swump sound.
    That is all.

I don't know if Brisson is trying to set up 9 as her triumphant return on the last page (as the solicits for 10 say otherwise), or using this moment to do the "oh they think she's useless let's fool the readers and villains and she'll save the day".
    I read it that Stryfe ordered her to be executed because he didn't need her anymore. My prediction is that they do execute Rachel and she rises as the Phoenix. Probably she wakes up with amnesia and doesn't remember who she is, so Stryfe takes advantage and convinces Rachel that Stryfe is her true brother and ally and that she is by his side while he rules over the New Canaanites.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I read it that Stryfe ordered her to be executed because he didn't need her anymore. My prediction is that they do execute Rachel and she rises as the Phoenix. Probably she wakes up with amnesia and doesn't remember who she is, so Stryfe takes advantage and convinces Rachel that Stryfe is her true brother and ally and that she is by his side while he rules over the New Canaanites.
    He doesn't order her to be executed. I think you're confusing what he is saying but I get where you're coming from.

"Forget about the woman. She's of no use to us anymore. {new frame}
    Kill the Askani. {new frame}
    Kill X-Force. {new frame}
    Kill them all!!"

He's getting annoyed and concerned about the Krangs controlling Rachel and the MLA. And since he views Rachel as useless and purpose served, he tells them to forget about her (which they drop their attention and power on her) to focus on his army. He is telling the Krangs (and therefore the MLA) to kill the Askani and kill X-Force. If he was talking about Rachel he would have said Mother Askani.

Like I said in the other thread, if they were to execute her it would be hella cool if she rose to be a Phoenix again. But if they were going to execute her it would have happened at that moment. but she's not a threat and technically not even able to function on her own so why bother with her.

Rachel Summers by Scott Dalrymple

grey summers

Hey, everybody. Long-time lurker, first-time commenter. Like the rest of you, I’ve been feeling pretty down about how the X-line has been treating one of my favorite characters. And I was thinking... do any of you write fan fiction? I was thinking maybe we could start a fanwriting event honoring Rachel and telling stories about her that don’t involve being enslaved and brainwashed by villains. If Marvel won’t do it, at least we can put stories into the world that do her justice.

I was thinking of calling it “Summer of Rachel” (because, y’know, summer, Summers...) and holding it from June to August, with a collection page on AO3. But I’m totally open to other ideas. Is anyone interested in doing this?
    Last edited by grey summers; 05-23-2019 at 09:49 AM.

Spectacular Member

Hi everyone! Why are you all so depressed about Ray's future? I'm excited because Hickman himself said that ALL the X-Men/Women we saw are CURRENT VERSION(from 616 and 811 for Ray) post Age of X-Man and not alternative or time displaced. So, Rachel is Phoenix again! It explains why she has still the hound marks too and the cover of X-Force 9! Even if in House of X and Power of X, I think there's some restrospective moments, I hope she will be a player in this book and be developped. We don't know much about HoX but PoX is the total blank for now. So, Ray is ALIVE and we can step forward about what we know and the only thing to do is waiting Power of X!

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Hi everyone! Why are you all so depressed about Ray's future? I'm excited because Hickman himself said that ALL the X-Men/Women we saw are CURRENT VERSION(from 616 and 811 for Ray) post Age of X-Man and not alternative or time displaced. So, Rachel is Phoenix again! It explains why she has still the hound marks too and the cover of X-Force 9! Even if in House of X and Power of X, I think there's some restrospective moments, I hope she will be a player in this book and be developped. We don't know much about HoX but PoX is the total blank for now. So, Ray is ALIVE and we can step forward about what we know and the only thing to do is waiting Power of X!
    Where did he say that? I don't remember that being said. Also there a number of Storm and Wolverine variants on some of the artwork, does that mean there will be more than one Storm and Wolverine? And Havok is a kid/Mojo-Baby?

Sure the future is brighter but it's pretty dark for her currently. And until I see a direct quote from him I don't assume she's involved til I see her in the book. Disassembled tricked us last time.
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 05-23-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Where did he say that? I don't remember that being said. Also there a number of Storm and Wolverine variants on some of the artwork, does that mean there will be more than one Storm and Wolverine? And Havok is a kid/Mojo-Baby?

Sure the future is brighter but it's pretty dark for her currently. And until I see a direct quote from him I don't assume she's involved til I see her in the book. Disassembled tricked us last time.
    I agree, HoX/PoX is going to have flashbacks to past events, I think Rachel is on the poster because they will probably touch on the different Phoenix hosts over the years and how that impacted the X-Men as a whole. So Rachel will probably get mentioned as a former Phoenix and member of Excalibur but she probably won't appear in the present day portions of the series at all.

Spectacular Member

Hickman said no alt-universe or time travel stories. So, the characters we saw are from the Prime Universe(616). The event takes place in the present by logic even if the past event will be explained too. I don't worry about Ray. We don't see her except in the 1st picture but her time will come as like the others who are on the cover. So, why minimalize all of you the fact it's her after Age of X-Man like all of the rest of the cast like Jean/Scott/Logan/Warren or Prof X? You're too pessimistic about this one for me.

Hickman said no alt-universe or time travel stories. So, the characters we saw are from the Prime Universe(616). The event takes place in the present by logic even if the past event will be explained too. I don't worry about Ray. We don't see her except in the 1st picture but her time will come as like the others who are on the cover. So, why minimalize all of you the fact it's her after Age of X-Man like all of the rest of the cast like Jean/Scott/Logan/Warren or Prof X? You're too pessimistic about this one for me.
    If it was another character I wouldn't be pessimistic and would be all, hey she's likely in it. But Rachel has been thrown under the bus so much over the past couple years, and her current story being the worst, that cover art isn't proof enough. She was on the cover of Disassembled and she clearly wasn't involved with that event. "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me" is how we feel.

Incredible Member

There is no time travel but it does involve things happening in the past. Even if she does somehow survive this, I really doubt Hickman or any writer has any interest in her whatsoever especially since she has been used as a Jean stand in for a long time and she has returned

Spectacular Member

I know that but this is a new start(more a refreshing of the franchise) for the X-men. Why did they show Ray in it as Phoenix if she's not involved in the current book? Why Ray as Phoenix and not Jean, the most bankable Phoenix as usual? It didn't make sense to me because they showed multiple version of the same character on the cover(Logan) and they lost their time with Phoenix Ray(a character they don't like) compared to Phoenix Jean? Come on each time they used a representation for Phoenix it was Jean not Ray on a cover or a game. So I'm optimistic about this event and the future for Rachel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    There is no time travel but it does involve things happening in the past. Even if she does somehow survive this, I really doubt Hickman or any writer has any interest in her whatsoever especially since she has been used as a Jean stand in for a long time and she has returned
    Maybe, this time they give her the PF to differenciate her from her mother. I found bizarre the fact in X-Force 9 cover showing Phoenix Ray and the cover for HoX/PoX doing the same.

Incredible Member

I dont know why they decided to give Rachel the PF instead of Jean but that does not mean that she has a place in the upcoming Hickman books. She is in a corner behind most other characters.