Page 66 of 148 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    That would be too much effort for a relatively unknown character in TV space. There are many ways to introduce Rachel but two of the concepts she is strongly attached to is Phoenix and DoFP neither of which will be done in MCU anytime soon(10 years or so). The best way would be to have her be Jean's niece and let her be called Rachel Grey or have her be Cable's twin.
    I think you gotta nail her introduction in a way that bridges the old Fox universes, acknowledges Sony’s alt universes, and feeeeeels like a sequel to the DOFP story suggested years past.

Which is why I’d include Anna Paquin as Rogue and a spiderverse glitch animation.

The problem is you have to build toward a finale that fixes her own glitch and establishes MCU as her new home universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think you gotta nail her introduction in a way that bridges the old Fox universes, acknowledges Sony’s alt universes, and feeeeeels like a sequel to the DOFP story suggested years past.

Which is why I’d include Anna Paquin as Rogue and a spiderverse glitch animation.

The problem is you have to build toward a finale that fixes her own glitch and establishes MCU as her new home universe.
    I am pretty sure MCU will ignore the Fox Universe and do their own thing. As I said, Rachel is a relatively unknown character in the mainstream and nobody will be willing to put that much effort on her when you already have a large number of well known characters already available to them. Only reason I can see them attempting might be an Excalibur movie but even them I am sure her role would just go to Psylocke instead

I am pretty sure MCU will ignore the Fox Universe and do their own thing. As I said, Rachel is a relatively unknown character in the mainstream and nobody will be willing to put that much effort on her when you already have a large number of well known characters already available to them. Only reason I can see them attempting might be an Excalibur movie but even them I am sure her role would just go to Psylocke instead
    Excalibur would be the perfect way to adapt her. If the premise is about multiverse hijinks, they could easily introduce her and not have to worry about continuity ot it working bc she wouldnt be the only alternate universe character. Psylocke doesnt fit and would only if Excalibur is adapted as a British version of the X-men like the latter half of the original book became which IMO, the MCU shouldnt do since they'll already have an X-men. OG Excalibur is different enough to stand on its own

Yay, Rachel got a mention in the X-Men Monday as one of the favorite characters linked to Jean and how she has become her own individual character unto herself. Leah seems like a Rachel fan so I hope whatever book Leah gets on the fall that she gets to have Rachel as one of her characters.

There was a lot of Summers/Grey family emphasis in the X-Men Monday, I hope that means that Scott, Jean, Cable, and Rachel get some ongoing connective storylines in the future. At least the writers seem to feel that they all have strong link to each other.

Ultimate Member

Odd how Alex gets "overlooked" so often in a list of the members of the Summers family, then again last I checked Corsair hasn't even talked to him in years unlike with Scott, his CLEAR favorite...

As for Rachel, I'd think that she needs time away from Jean after how she was treated...

It was a JEAN centric interview and Jean and Alex have never been close or even had many significant interactions Im not sure why he should have been brought up

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Odd how Alex gets "overlooked" so often in a list of the members of the Summers family, then again last I checked Corsair hasn't even talked to him in years unlike with Scott, his CLEAR favorite...

As for Rachel, I'd think that she needs time away from Jean after how she was treated...
    Corsair only spent significant time in recent years with Tyke. Also, one has to keep in mind that Scott usually appears more than Alex, so there's more chances for them to meet.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was a JEAN centric interview and Jean and Alex have never been close or even had many significant interactions Im not sure why he should have been brought up
    I was more going off of RachelGrey's comment about an emphasis on the Summers/Grey family, and Alex wasn't listed with the others, as for Corsair I'm not sure that Alex was even mentioned during his recent trips back to Earth, as he RARELY visits Earth the least that he could do is stop by and talk to his son for a few moments...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I was more going off of RachelGrey's comment about an emphasis on the Summers/Grey family, and Alex wasn't listed with the others, as for Corsair I'm not sure that Alex was even mentioned during his recent trips back to Earth, as he RARELY visits Earth the least that he could do is stop by and talk to his son for a few moments...
    Summers/Grey family in relation to Jean bc it was a Jean focused interview. The characters mentioned are tied to Jean in a way that Alex has never been

Incredible Member

Excalibur would be the perfect way to adapt her. If the premise is about multiverse hijinks, they could easily introduce her and not have to worry about continuity ot it working bc she wouldnt be the only alternate universe character. Psylocke doesnt fit and would only if Excalibur is adapted as a British version of the X-men like the latter half of the original book became which IMO, the MCU shouldnt do since they'll already have an X-men. OG Excalibur is different enough to stand on its own
    They will have to first introduce Captain Britain and his Universe to even begin setup for Excalibur. I expect maybe 20-25 years from today to have Excalibur but unlikely before.

They will have to first introduce Captain Britain and his Universe to even begin setup for Excalibur. I expect maybe 20-25 years from today to have Excalibur but unlikely before.
    Not really. Captain Britian's backstory series is not needed and he could be introduced in this film. An Excalibur film could simply be built on the premise of Technet chasing after Rachel who's a refugee from another universe. I think that could have been the premise for the Kitty Pryde solo that Fox was planning

Incredible Member

Not really. Captain Britian's backstory series is not needed and he could be introduced in this film. An Excalibur film could simply be built on the premise of Technet chasing after Rachel who's a refugee from another universe. I think that could have been the premise for the Kitty Pryde solo that Fox was planning
    Setup would not have been necessary if Excalibur, Rachel or Brian were well known characters in mainstream media but they arent and I dont think Marvel would be willing to just make a movie of less prominent characters without any setup. Unless they were used as a part of a more popular team like X-Men but I have already mentioned that Rachel would not be part of main X-Men for at least a decade or more

Setup would not have been necessary if Excalibur, Rachel or Brian were well known characters in mainstream media but they arent and I dont think Marvel would be willing to just make a movie of less prominent characters without any setup. Unless they were used as a part of a more popular team like X-Men but I have already mentioned that Rachel would not be part of main X-Men for at least a decade or more
    I think there were rumours that they were going to introduce Captain Britain. This fits in with the concept of a more International version of the Avengers being lead by Black Panther. Captain Britain also creates a potential cross over with Dr Strange because of the magical nature of his powers. This also allows them to introduce Elizabeth and Jamie as well if they want.

Spectacular Member

I read today an interview of Jordan White and he said that Hickman choose the most important mutants, who will play a big role in the future HoX/PoX, for the promotional picture where there's our beloved Rachel. So, I hope she will have an importance on it compared to those who are not on the cover even if we can think it will be flashbacks or not just flashbacks(her return as the new host or child of PF)?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I read today an interview of Jordan White and he said that Hickman choose the most important mutants, who will play a big role in the future HoX/PoX, for the promotional picture where there's our beloved Rachel. So, I hope she will have an importance on it compared to those who are not on the cover even if we can think it will be flashbacks or not just flashbacks(her return as the new host or child of PF)?
    What interview?
    (Sorry I have been a little disconnected from the internet these days)