Page 58 of 148 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    Comic Geek in General

Isn’t Rachel shown in the Cover of House of X #3, (with Archangel and Monet)......Or is that Hope (another Red Head who isn’t Jean, as Jean is on the foreground with Wolverine and Cyclops)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Isn’t Rachel shown in the Cover of House of X #3, (with Archangel and Monet)......Or is that Hope (another Red Head who isn’t Jean, as Jean is on the foreground with Wolverine and Cyclops)?
    It's actually Husk.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    We appreciate your support. We are literally like a Phoenix, as we are not letting this thread or her die so easily.

And yes, she was subject to mind control during her pre-Necrom Excalibur days. As Claremont (and the Davis) explained that because her mind was still filled with hound and Mojo programming efforts it made it easier than most to subjugate her. But once she died during her battle with Necrom, the Phoenix healed her mind and expelled all the programming from Ahab and Mojo. Of course, that all got thrown out the window the second she came back into the comics from being Mother Askani. First Weinberg had her quasi-used in Cable, then Claremont had her fully mind-controlled in Xtreme, and finally Yost reset her mind to being hound programmable in Emperor Vulcan. From there the onslaught of mind control stories re-emerged.
    Yeah, you’d think Rachel would be harder to control, not even easier than her kinda Mother (Jean would always be this until the Day editorial let’s Rachel be be introduced in the 616 Time Line ) but noooooo, Jean is mostly hard to mind control (unless it’s AoX) while Rachel gets mental dominated .....

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    It's actually Husk.
    Ah, Paige gets promoted to the A Squad....as well as Monet

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, you’d think Rachel would be harder to control, not even easier than her kinda Mother (Jean would always be this until the Day editorial let’s Rachel be be introduced in the 616 Time Line ) but noooooo, Jean is mostly hard to mind control (unless it’s AoX) while Rachel gets mental dominated .....
    It is so dumb because an omega telepath of all people shouldn't be mind controlled so much, but writers are making mindcontrolling Rachel something easy/normal.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is so dumb because an omega telepath of all people shouldn't be mind controlled so much, but writers are making mindcontrolling Rachel something easy/normal.
    Especially the one who was shielding the minds of students and training them on how to protect themselves from mind control and telepathic attacks. But you know, FACTS......

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She’s easier to control than Gruenwald’s Squadron Supreme/ the 616 Squadron Supreme of America.......

BANNED

She’s easier to control than Gruenwald’s Squadron Supreme/ the 616 Squadron Supreme of America.......
    And that is saying something. I mean Hawkeye made jokes about that.

Just read the latest X-Force and part of me hopes they fix the mindcontrol stuff real quick, but another part worries about her being written out again to become the Askani mother again or another excuse for that. And I would not be a fan of something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    It's actually Husk.
    Do we know this to be certain? I couldn't find a source for this. I am curious about who this character is. I am fine with it being Husk but my thoughts were either Hope or Rachel.

Hopefully soon we'll see where Rachel lands at the end of X-force. I hope she is cured of all this hound programming and manipulation.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Do we know this to be certain? I couldn't find a source for this. I am curious about who this character is. I am fine with it being Husk but my thoughts were either Hope or Rachel.

Hopefully soon we'll see where Rachel lands at the end of X-force. I hope she is cured of all this hound programming and manipulation.
    Yeah......Rachel is what, the third, fourth , fifth, most powerful Psionics on the the team in general......

Too bad Selene is dead, would have loved to see a showdown that was teased years ago

Incredible Member

Yeah......Rachel is what, the third, fourth , fifth, most powerful Psionics on the the team in general......

Too bad Selene is dead, would have loved to see a showdown that was teased years ago
    Selene is alive though. She was resurrected a few years ago along with Madelyn Pryor

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Well currently the X-Men psionics are Jean, Rachel, Betsy, the Cuckoos, Xi'an, and Dani. It would likely be in that order in terms of raw power, but given the way Rachel has been written she is less skilled than all of them (while we know it's not true the writer's have presented us with crap).

As for Selene, she was resurrected twice now (once literally in X-Men, and then figuratively in Avengers). She was brought back in a book Rachel was starring in, so there was fan hype. But in story Rachel and Storm went to confront Maddie and Selene and Rachel was instantly ko-ed by a tp bomb via Maddie. Cuz, you know, she has no shields and is unskilled. But in their previous confrontation Rachel was able to expunge Selene while making out with Red Lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    And that is saying something. I mean Hawkeye made jokes about that.

Just read the latest X-Force and part of me hopes they fix the mindcontrol stuff real quick, but another part worries about her being written out again to become the Askani mother again or another excuse for that. And I would not be a fan of something like that.
    I don't know what they can do with the remaining 3 issues since it's clear that she's STILL a slave to Stryfe's Krang-Squad in the series finale solicits (10). So unless she is freed in the beginning of issue 10 (unlikely), she will not have any type of redemption. She'll either die a slave, be freed at the 11th hour and go back to the present, or be freed and remain in the future to be Mother Askani (because she has all the memories and skills on how to do that and also NOT mess up the timeline by doing so). So likely we'll be served hot garbage with a side of ugh fries.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Selene is alive though. She was resurrected a few years ago along with Madelyn Pryor
    Selene also showed up recently in Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

It's most likely Husk. Besides Hickman's love for Generation X, while we don't get to see the outfit in full, it basically looks like Husk's latest costume (hood/shawl, short sleeves, crop top, gloves, etc.).

Yeah, after I had all the solicitations for X-Force and realized Rachel was going to be a mindless slave right to the end I figured they were going to kill her off or write her off. They don't want us to get invested in her as a character, that's why they aren't giving her any agency at all in X-Force. If she appears in HoX/PoX it is going to be as a flashback from when she was in Excalibur and nothing more. I expect her to be gone from the line after X-Force ends.