Page 21 of 148 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Maybe Jean read his mind and understood his plan to rescue Rachel without her help. She didn't stop him from chasing after Ahab, even if they still have a lot to catch up, so I guess she does care.
    that doesnt make her or any of the other X-men look any better. Brisson is going to need to write Nate mentioning that Jean has been searching Cerebra to make this right

Has not it been commonplace on many occasions that Scott considers himself more Rachel's father than Jean considers herself her mother?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Has not it been commonplace on many occasions that Scott considers himself more Rachel's father than Jean considers herself her mother?
    Yes, their relationship is less platonic and has had problems but scott is more constant in thinking of her as his daughter. At least he hasn't denied her.

which is weird with all those theories about Rachel being the child of Jean and the phoenix/wolverine.

Maybe Jean read his mind and understood his plan to rescue Rachel without her help. She didn't stop him from chasing after Ahab, even if they still have a lot to catch up, so I guess she does care.
    I think this too. Jean could have stoped kid Cable but she didn't, she let him go and chase Ahab.

utgdutd.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-14-2019 at 07:23 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

At that point in Extermination Jean was barely coming to grips with new memories and the notion that Nate was her Nathan. The voice given to her and the artwork gave the distinct idea that Jean was over Rachel to celebrate her son coming back. Jean could have just as easily said, we need to find her. ANYONE could have said that. But they didn't. So if Brisson writes that Jean read his mind, it's a cop-out because that should have been explicitly stated on page otherwise it looks like no one cared that Rachel was gone.

And Nate only mentioned stopping Ahab. He said nothing about Rachel. While it could be implied, he seemed more concerned with stopping Ahab than finding Rachel in that moment. It was nice to have Nate expand on why he wants to save her, but I was hoping that stuff about her being his guiding light would have ended with "...and she's my sister."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    that doesnt make her or any of the other X-men look any better.
    Exactly. And honestly for me there needs to be more than that because Rachel has closer relationships with Kitty and Kurt and they should have been leading the charge to find her. For no one to do anything and assume this random teenager who is claiming to be Cable might save Rachel in a quest to end Ahab is a stretch for Jean, Kitty, and Kurt. But on the other hand they didn't do anything the last time Rachel disappeared.

Brisson is going to need to write Nate mentioning that Jean has been searching Cerebra to make this right
    I don't know if it's enough honestly. I need panels showing the X-Men using time and resources to locate her or Ahab that ended right before Disassembed in a montage spread. That would only be the only way to explain, at least for me. It's a lot but the writers and editors really destroyed Rachel as a character last year. She's more than deserving of a rebuild and apologies.

And that would be kinda creepy that he's stalking Jean without speaking to her as we know Nate has not spoken to the X-Men since Extermination.

The X-Men led by Jean and Kitty canonically put more effort into Bobby's birthday party (a lot) than they did to find Rachel (none). Extermination makes Avengers #200 look like high art.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Finally!! this news has made me feel happy, I think I'm like all of you, with renewed hopes of seeing Rachel again, personally I'm staying with these three moments:

76.jpg
    He recognizes that she is important to him, she, as mother askani, helped him and protected him.

77.jpg
    love

88.jpg
    And this can be my new profile pic xD
    Last edited by askani_son; 03-14-2019 at 01:08 PM.

art by David Yardin

Are they leading up to Rachel becoming Phoenix again, this is the second time that an artist has put something out with Rachel being Phoenix. I guess it could just be someone drawing Excalibur Rachel since I see he did Excalibur Kitty too.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Are they leading up to Rachel becoming Phoenix again, this is the second time that an artist has put something out with Rachel being Phoenix. I guess it could just be someone drawing Excalibur Rachel since I see he did Excalibur Kitty too.
    I could live with that. Rachel becoming Phoenix and going off to do cosmic level stuff.

BANNED

I am wondering If Scott is actuslly aware Ahab took Rachel.Tyke was long gone before Ahab took Rachel "permanently" & left.Scott was imprisoned until Nate took the X men out.So,if cable didn't tell him,Scott might think his search for the X men includes Rachel too.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I am wondering If Scott is actuslly aware Ahab took Rachel.Tyke was long gone before Ahab took Rachel "permanently" & left.Scott was imprisoned until Nate took the X men out.So,if cable didn't tell him,Scott might think his search for the X men includes Rachel too.
    Yes, I can perfectly imagine Kid Cable hiding it for "Not to distract him"

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    thats not an official Marvel cover though. Phoenix Hound look is Rachel's most iconic one

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Rachel is going phoenix. Honestly it feels like the x-office doesn't know what to do with the PF anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, I can perfectly imagine Kid Cable hiding it for "Not to distract him"
    Yeah I don't think Nate told him. He has a plan for Scott. Given his memories as Tyke of Extermination, and knowing that Jean and others pulled through it,I assume he thinks Rachel did too and is gone like the rest. Clearly not the case. If he knew she was in fact still a hound and a slave to Ahab, he would have made that his cause and not gone on this path that Nate started for him. Honestly I think Nate is making this his personal mission, which is sweet. But it makes the remainder of the X-Men (sans Scott and Logan) look bad for twidling their thumbs and ignoring her plight and putting stock in a kid who just murdered his adult counterpart they don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Rachel is going phoenix. Honestly it feels like the x-office doesn't know what to do with the PF anymore.
    Yeah, but more importantly I don't think the X-Office is in control of the Phoenix name or property anymore. Aaron has co-opted it for the Avengers and Thor.