Page 27 of 148 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Are you really expecting it to be something Rachel cares in the slightest about? Since that happened:

Bishop shot Charles in the face and tried to kill Cable and Hope.
    Namor destroyed most of Wakanda
    Scott killed Charles and declared war on SHIELD
    Wi-Fi killed Cable

All of them were either forgiven or their crimes ignored. Compared to any of those, the affair barely registers. The only ones who still care are the Jean fans who cannot move out of that one moment in time, despite that Scott isn't even in a relationship anymore and Jean is in an entirely different one... with the guy who tried to murder her granddaughter.
    I didn't say that Rachel still cared, but that happened and Scott isn't a perfect father like people like to say.
    The affair was the start of Jean's decline, pardon me If I choose to not let it slide

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I agree that we shouldn't blame the character Jean for poor editorial an writing choices. But we don't get to pick and choose what interactions we accept and the others we don't Jean showed that she cared for Rachel in Red. I still think she and Jean needed more panel time together in the Annual before Laura got added, but that's me. And in the Red issue, I wouldn't say the issue was devoted to Rachel, it was just her rescue was the focus for Jean. Again, some great Jean cares for rachel moments, as well as Rachel really is powerful that she's battling Cassie for control while others couldn't. But then there is Gold. And Extermination (issue 1 and 5). And while not adult Jean, all the times Jeen snubbed Rachel. So again, it's a balancing act.
    Jeen had a lot on her plate. Also not eveyone reacts well to being a mother to a stranger, Jean never really reacted well.

Fantastic Member

After dying and coming back to life for both Scott and Jean, killing Professor X, fighting with the avengers, Infinity War, reality being erased....I think a psychic affair that happened years is not really all that important anymore. Was it wrong? Yes. Is it unforgivable? No. I’m sure Jean is over it by now. We should be too

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jeen had a lot on her plate. Also not eveyone reacts well to being a mother to a stranger, Jean never really reacted well.
    That's the only common thread. But Jeen was fine with so many other things about her situation that not even having a conversation with Rachel until the Mojo crossover is ridiculous. Rachel reached out and assisted during BotA, but Jeen made no effort to even meet the ONLY living relative she had left.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jeen was a little girl, the situation was really uncomfortable for her. I give her a pass, everything was to bizarre and crazy for jeen at the time, i don't blame her
    the same happened the first time, Jean just doesn't like to feel like everything is predetermined or her fate is arranged but eventually she always comes to accept things.
    just put on her shoes
    jgkl.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-21-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    AvsX. Rachel joined Scott because she knew that the Phoenix could be controlled. They had a talk, Scott reaffirmed that he considered her his daughter and he loved her and Rachel asked him if the Phoenix ever talked about her.
    I can't remember the issue, Could you please tell me where this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jeen was a little girl, the situation was really uncomfortable for her. I give her a pass, everything was to bizarre and crazy for jeen at the time i don't blame her
    the same happened the first time, Jean just doesn't like to feel like everything is predetermined or her fate is arranged but eventually she always comes to accept things.
    just put on her shoes
    jgkl.jpg
    Honestly, I give Jeen a bit of a pass for her relationship with Rachel. Tyke was a bit uncomfortable with her calling him Dad, but he is a guy so he took it all in stride. I think being a Mom is a bit different and it's a bit daunting to be confronted with a daughter who is actually older than you. Plus I think Jeen was feeling a bit trapped by fate and was trying to avoid it as much as possible.

I know this is off topic, but I loved how Jeen's telepathy got unblocked not long after she arrived in the modern day. I remember when Emma was training her, Emma didn't outright say it but she implied that Charles was always blocking Jeen's telepathy and the reason her telepathy started working was because he wasn't around to maintain the block anymore. Charles really comes across as quite underhanded, particularly where Jean/Jeen was concerned, but also with Scott too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Honestly, I give Jeen a bit of a pass for her relationship with Rachel. Tyke was a bit uncomfortable with her calling him Dad, but he is a guy so he took it all in stride. I think being a Mom is a bit different and it's a bit daunting to be confronted with a daughter who is actually older than you. Plus I think Jeen was feeling a bit trapped by fate and was trying to avoid it as much as possible.
    He wasn't uncomfortable rachel calling him dad.He just wanted her to call him Cyclops,not dad on the field.
    Tyke's had the same problem with fate much like jeen,may be worse.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 03-21-2019 at 10:45 AM.

I know this is off topic, but I loved how Jeen's telepathy got unblocked not long after she arrived in the modern day. I remember when Emma was training her, Emma didn't outright say it but she implied that Charles was always blocking Jeen's telepathy and the reason her telepathy started working was because he wasn't around to maintain the block anymore. Charles really comes across as quite underhanded, particularly where Jean/Jeen was concerned, but also with Scott too.
    I too believe Xavier was supressing Jean's telepathy but he had good intentions. The Annie incident did a lot of damage to a very little and unexperienced Jean.

I too believe Xavier was supressing Jean's telepathy but he had good intentions. The Annie incident did a lot of damage to a very little and unexperienced Jean.
    Once she was a regular student at the Xavier school though he could have unblocked her and started training her. Personally, I feel like Xavier messed up with young telepaths a lot. He even messed up with Emma. The way he approached Emma when she was 13 was super creepy and I can understand why she was scared of him. He literally told Emma that he could make Emma's father send Emma to his school. Just creepy. No one can convince me that Charles Xavier isn't super creepy.

I remember in Kingbreaker Charles had earlier lost his powers so he was using Rachel to do all the telepathic work, and a few times he asked her to do some things that made her uncomfortable.

Rachel, Jean, Emma, Betsy, etc. all the female telepaths need to stay away from creepy Charles Xavier.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Jeen was a little girl, the situation was really uncomfortable for her. I give her a pass, everything was to bizarre and crazy for jeen at the time, i don't blame her
    just put on her shoes
    I can understand the initial shock of knowing you have a woman who is your future-ish child. And Jeen was a teenager. But the issue you shared was several months after Jean had been at the institute, and Rachel had been sent away (by Bendis) so they wouldn't have to interact until it was demanded by fans, and we got this garbage joke issue. There are several writer and editorial issues at play here, but I do get Jeen/Jean's reluctance to deal with pre-determined things. One thing I will NEVER understand is how the whole "Trial of Jean Grey" played out with Jeen and NOT ONE PERSON mentioned that Rachel was there with her family when they died and should ask her what happened. And how it was resolved. And Jeen never discussed it with her.

Anywho, Overall i am bitter at the way Marvel writers and editors have continued this Rachel-Jean relationship through the writing in these books. Jean is sooo much bigger and better than what we have been shown. Ditto for Rachel. I wish the writers would stop making drama when none is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I can understand the initial shock of knowing you have a woman who is your future-ish child. And Jeen was a teenager. But the issue you shared was several months after Jean had been at the institute, and Rachel had been sent away (by Bendis) so they wouldn't have to interact until it was demanded by fans, and we got this garbage joke issue. There are several writer and editorial issues at play here, but I do get Jeen/Jean's reluctance to deal with pre-determined things. One thing I will NEVER understand is how the whole "Trial of Jean Grey" played out with Jeen and NOT ONE PERSON mentioned that Rachel was there with her family when they died and should ask her what happened. And how it was resolved. And Jeen never discussed it with her.

Anywho, Overall i am bitter at the way Marvel writers and editors have continued this Rachel-Jean relationship through the writing in these books. Jean is sooo much bigger and better than what we have been shown. Ditto for Rachel. I wish the writers would stop making drama when none is required.
    I feel the same. I want Jean and Rachel to actually have an ongoing relationship for a while, on the same book. I think it would be kind of fun if Jean started getting serious about being Rachel's mom and started taking a lot of interest in Rachel all of a sudden. Like asking Rachel the uncomfortable mom questions, I just think that would be funny to read on an ongoing basis. Rachel finally getting what she always wanted from Jean, and then suddenly finding out that having your Mom in your business 24/7 can get a bit grating after a while. Plus I want Jean and Rachel to do some things with just the two of them, like having them out together somewhere and finding out one of their enemies is in the area, or being attacked and they have to work together just the two of them. It doesn't have to be ongoing, just an occasional comic issue where they get to do some stuff in multiple panels together.

I think it comes down to the fact that I like a lot of the female characters in the X-books and I really want to see more interaction going on. Definitely Rachel and Jean are my absolute top wish for an ongoing relationship in the X-books. Probably second to that is interactions with Emma and Jean and slowly building a reluctant friendship between Emma and Jean.

Bendis made a mistake with Jeen not knowing that Xavier put blocks on her telepathy. And Hopeless retconned it in her solo, where she said she was holding back her Power on purpose as a teenager.

Jean knew that he put mental blocks and she knew why. In Jean grey origins after he has been training Jean for a while, he takes her to a mall and let's her use Telepathy, but she loses control and her telekinesis instinctively wrecks the area (there's an Xmen unlimited Issue where Jean tells Rogue that she is always blocking out the thoughts of millions, or she would lose control and cause devastation).

It was also shown in the issue where Jean proposed to Scott, where O5 Jean was talking to Xavier about how her telepathy was breaking through the blocks, and Xavier said it was her feelings for Scott. In the 60s/70s books, Jean spent a lot of time training with Xavier in secret and then suddenly had telepathy, so he was probably training her in that time.

Let's stop looking for ways to make Xavier worse than he already his. He wasn't manipulating teen Jean or taking advantage of her or suppressing her because of his control issues.

I feel sad about what has become of Xaviers reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Bendis made a mistake with Jeen not knowing that Xavier put blocks on her telepathy. And Hopeless retconned it in her solo, where she said she was holding back her Power on purpose as a teenager.

Jean knew that he put mental blocks and she knew why. In Jean grey origins after he has been training Jean for a while, he takes her to a mall and let's her use Telepathy, but she loses control and her telekinesis instinctively wrecks the area (there's an Xmen unlimited Issue where Jean tells Rogue that she is always blocking out the thoughts of millions, or she would lose control and cause devastation).

It was also shown in the issue where Jean proposed to Scott, where O5 Jean was talking to Xavier about how her telepathy was breaking through the blocks, and Xavier said it was her feelings for Scott. In the 60s/70s books, Jean spent a lot of time training with Xavier in secret and then suddenly had telepathy, so he was probably training her in that time.

Let's stop looking for ways to make Xavier worse than he already his. He wasn't manipulating teen Jean or taking advantage of her or suppressing her because of his control issues.

I feel sad about what has become of Xaviers reputation.
    How did Jean not know? That was a big part of her development in ANX bc her TP matured at an earlier age which made her stronger and more skillful. It also led to her being wreckless bc sh didnt recieve proper training like she had under Xavier until later when she was around Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How did Jean not know? That was a big part of her development in ANX bc her TP matured at an earlier age which made her stronger and more skillful. It also led to her being wreckless bc sh didnt recieve proper training like she had under Xavier until later when she was around Emma
    Bendis had Emma reveal to her that she always had telepathy and that Xavier was the one blocking it and Jean was surprised.

we need a "make Rachel great again" movement

rachel3a.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”