Page 59 of 148 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, after I had all the solicitations for X-Force and realized Rachel was going to be a mindless slave right to the end I figured they were going to kill her off or write her off. They don't want us to get invested in her as a character, that's why they aren't giving her any agency at all in X-Force. If she appears in HoX/PoX it is going to be as a flashback from when she was in Excalibur and nothing more. I expect her to be gone from the line after X-Force ends.
    Sadly it's what I'm expecting. There has been no payoff or any character building for her at all in X-Force. She's the enslaved damsel-in-distress and she's there solely as a motivator for Stryfe and Cable. I'd be happily surprised if it changes. But I don't think based off my Twitter combo w/JDW that she's going to come out on top now. It doesn't sound like they really had any thought to her character beyond "hound".

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Sadly it's what I'm expecting. There has been no payoff or any character building for her at all in X-Force. She's the enslaved damsel-in-distress and she's there solely as a motivator for Stryfe and Cable. I'd be happily surprised if it changes. But I don't think based off my Twitter combo w/JDW that she's going to come out on top now. It doesn't sound like they really had any thought to her character beyond "hound".
    This makes me very sad.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    This makes me very sad.
    Same, and mad. Mad that in 2019 multiple storylines around the forced subjugation, mind control, mental rape, and forced trafficking of a female character is green-lit 4 times in a one year period and potentially there is no redemption for the character other than being saved by the male hero. I could be wrong, but given the solicits she's not going to break free of the programming or control (as she has done multiple times before int he past) on her own so by the series finale she might be free but there will be no justice or redemption on her part as she's the NPC of X-Force.

Supposedly there was going to be some synergistic element to it all in 2018 but that all fell apart and instead there were 3 different stories repeating the same nonsense and the EIC before White didn't think it was a problem.

Same, and mad. Mad that in 2019 multiple storylines around the forced subjugation, mind control, mental rape, and forced trafficking of a female character is green-lit 4 times in a one year period and potentially there is no redemption for the character other than being saved by the male hero. I could be wrong, but given the solicits she's not going to break free of the programming or control (as she has done multiple times before int he past) on her own so by the series finale she might be free but there will be no justice or redemption on her part as she's the NPC of X-Force.

Supposedly there was going to be some synergistic element to it all in 2018 but that all fell apart and instead there were 3 different stories repeating the same nonsense and the EIC before White didn't think it was a problem.
    Yes indeed. I didn't know about the synergistic part to it, but it's glaringly obvious that they've a problem with Rachel that they do not care to address or fix (if that is indeed the outcome in X-Force). Very maddening for sure.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Yes indeed. I didn't know about the synergistic part to it, but it's glaringly obvious that they've a problem with Rachel that they do not care to address or fix (if that is indeed the outcome in X-Force). Very maddening for sure.
    In my twitter convo with Jordan he mentioned that the previous editor-in-chief and writers (Gold, Red, Extermination) had initially planned on this synergistic approach that Rachel was going to be controlled in these books and they would jive together. But then that fell apart and she was just controlled and written poorly across the line. I am assuming that the lead-in (which started in Gold) was that because of Ahab's presence in the timeline her houndmarks returned and allowed her to be more easily controlled (Mentallo, Cassie, and finally Ahab). but that's pure speculation.

Instead we got what we got and it hasn't been well received.

In my twitter convo with Jordan he mentioned that the previous editor-in-chief and writers (Gold, Red, Extermination) had initially planned on this synergistic approach that Rachel was going to be controlled in these books and they would jive together. But then that fell apart and she was just controlled and written poorly across the line. I am assuming that the lead-in (which started in Gold) was that because of Ahab's presence in the timeline her houndmarks returned and allowed her to be more easily controlled (Mentallo, Cassie, and finally Ahab). but that's pure speculation.

Ah. That is interesting. But a damn shame that the execution of this failed horribly.

lol panic editorial
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

im not sure I buy that. Outside of the Mojo crossover, it didn’t even seem as if the writers even talked to each other. The books lacked cohesion and each felt isolated
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-21-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    im. It sure I buy that. Outside of the Mojo crossover, it didn’t even seem as if the writers even talked to each other. The books lacked cohesion and each felt isolated
    Just repeating what he said. There was a plan and reason for her to be controlled in all the books originally and then the plans fell apart but she still got controlled in all the books. It only makes sense to me if it's leading to Extermination as that closed the chapter on that wave of books before Disassembled.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

sometimes it feels like the x-office doesn't plan things with much advance.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    sometimes it feels like the x-office doesn't plan things with much advance.
    Very much so. That or they have a plan and then a few months later have to change course so any synergy or planning is shelved and we just get these haphazard books put out. I am hopeful that Hickman will give the X-Line a very clear direction and that the X-Office will stick to it.

Very much so. That or they have a plan and then a few months later have to change course so any synergy or planning is shelved and we just get these haphazard books put out. I am hopeful that Hickman will give the X-Line a very clear direction and that the X-Office will stick to it.
    I think he will considering this has been planned since last year and JDW allgedly has been making moves to put things into place for him

Would be somewhat ironic if this particular plan fell through due to Hickman coming aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Would be somewhat ironic if this particular plan fell through due to Hickman coming aboard.
    It would be, as the timing might be right. Like the editors threw their hands up saying, "Whatever Hickamn is coming" and therefore all the books continued to never co-exist or share plot points.

In today's issue of X-Force Rachel was forced to send a telepathic message worldwide.
    She was then dropped by the Krang-Trio on her face as she was deemed useless by Stryfe. She made a swump sound.
    That is all.

I don't know if Brisson is trying to set up 9 as her triumphant return on the last page (as the solicits for 10 say otherwise), or using this moment to do the "oh they think she's useless let's fool the readers and villains and she'll save the day".