Page 89 of 148 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You know what will be interesting about X-men? She will be interacting with both Scott and Jean. In her long history, it seems as if she only gets meaningful moments with one of them, but never both together. I think the closest we got was Days of Future Present back in the early 90s. This trio is a dynamic that has never been explored. Throw in Kid Cable and you have so much potential

I wonder what the relationship will be like with Rachel and Jean. Will they be close like Taylor left them off as or will there be tension bc Rachel resents Jean for not doing more for her in her time of need. I would love it if Jean's failure factors in and Rachel stops idolizing her bc the trauma she suffered still mentally affect her. I can see Rachel being affectionate towards Scott bc he just returned from the dead while treating Jean as simply her teammate. They are close enough in age to be sisters and I wouldnt mind seeing Jean work towards making amends and getting back to a better place with her
    I think it's a good sign that the first arc is Summers/Grey family. I imagine it will be for 2 or 3 issues max, but still it sets the ball rolling that the Summers/Grey family is united. I wonder if Jean and Scott will be overprotective of Rachel after the whole Ahab kidnapping thing. I would like it to be addressed, and instead of being kind of distant parents they go the other way and are somewhat overprotective and Rachel starts wondering if maybe they are in her business too much. Lol, and that's the way she always wanted it, sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for, you want your parents to be very interested in your life and now they are up in all of your business whether you like it or not.

Mighty Member

So who is the perfect antagonist to face in the Summers family reunion?

You know, besides Vulcan. Scott, Alex, and Rachel don't trust him. Corsair died to him once. Logan probably heard about him during a debriefing here or there. Jean probably knows from records.

I guess we could do Ahab, but I'd rather not after seeing him since Extermination. Hyperstorm is an FF villain, but he certainly has the sheer bulk and brain to deal with this family. Sinister still has his Summers fetish, so there's him I guess.

we dont know how Scott feels about Gabriel as Marvel never did anything with this connection. He could feel sympathetic towards him for all we know given his upbringing and being used by Xavier. His reintroduction in HoX might redefine the character and Scott puts him on his team bc they do connect.

Id rather a brand new villian. Ahab was never interesting to me and Sinister is too predictable. The X-men havent really had many great villians created in recent years and most of the classics have become allies. Im open to Hickman giving us something original

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

They aren't going to bring Phoenix Emma back, and she is on the Marauders and an ally to the X-Men. So Emma isn't going back to being a villain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    we dont know how Scott feels about Gabriel as Marvel never did anything with this connection.
    We sort of do since Rosenbutcher put Vulcan on the X-Men hitlist which Scott made early in his run.

We sort of do since Rosenbutcher put Vulcan on the X-Men hitlist which Scott made early in his run.
    It wasnt a hit list. It was a list of loose ends. The New Mutants were also on there as were the missing X-men. We've since learned that Scott was psychically messed with by Emma and Sinister so Gabriel's inclusion on there is likely due to Sinister wanting him found for his own dubious reasons than Scott wanting to take him out. It never made sense why Scott would even have him on there since he is presumed dead (even before Scott died) but Sinister would definitely have more information if that wasnt in fact true

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They aren't going to bring Phoenix Emma back, and she is on the Marauders and an ally to the X-Men. So Emma isn't going back to being a villain.
    was a joke, like the notion the Summers family fighting a single villain

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    was a joke, like the notion the Summers family fighting a single villain
    Well, it's possible that they do have to fight Vulcan, or they try to bring him home.

BANNED

How many times has Emma defeated Jean one on one?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    How many times has Emma defeated Jean one on one?
    Technically, they've never fought 1 on 1. If you count the Phoenix as part of Jean, then you can kind of count Morrison, but that wasn't a fight as much as an ambush attack.

Other than that:

Hellfire Club, the "fight" was 1 on 2 (Jean vs Wyngarde and Emma)
    Battle of the Atom the fight was 1 on 5 (Jean vs. Jeen, Emma, and the Cuckoos)
    Morrison the fight was either 2 v 1 (Jean and Phoenix vs. Emma) or 2 v 2 (Jean and Phoenix vs. Scott and Emma since Scott was trying to stop Jean), or some combo thereof.

For all the animosity, they've barely ever fought.
    Last edited by PsychoEFrost; 07-23-2019 at 05:01 PM.

The Red Dragon

Lol no. Unless you want to read her getting swatted in one panel and the rest of the cast go bowling.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Since Apocalypse is on Excalibur, is safe to assume Vulcan is also a team member.
    yeaaa..... apocalypse "on the team" reminds me of when Charles let sabertooth stay locked in the mansion, which led to psylocke being gutted and boom boom traumatized. or when mystique joined the team and tried to rape gambit. and in weapon x, creed is back to being a bad guy btw.

and did I misunderstand some of the posts from earlier, I thought people were saying the cover art does not reflect the real line-up team for this book, but a rotating cast? did the random guessing switch over to "the folks on the cover are this book's actual team"
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 07-23-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    yeaaa..... apocalypse "on the team" reminds me of when Charles let sabertooth stay locked in the mansion, which led to psylocke being gutted and boom boom traumatized. or when mystique joined the team and tried to rape gambit. and in weapon x, creed is back to being a bad guy btw.

and did I misunderstand some of the posts from earlier, I thought people were saying the cover art does not reflect the real line-up team for this book, but a rotating cast? did the random guessing switch over to "the folks on the cover are this book's actual team"
    The cover is likely a reflection of the first arc being very Summers family related. So Rachel will be there.

I'm interested in seeing her Interact with Jean given what happened. Like Havok said, I hope that Rachel is still upset with Jean and the others for not trying to save her and Jean tries to atone.
    I'm interested also in that Hickman is likely redefining who is an omega and I wonder if Rachel is excluded now. I'm sure the list is culled, but I think that she should be considered given the tk and tp feats she had (more tk than tp to my recollection).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If we are counting the bad things then we should count the good things too.
    Jean was very caring of Rachel on X-men Red, not all is bad