Page 65 of 148 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love that she'll have the Phoenix Force once again...I feel that they truly belong together (more-so than Jean, who has rejected it time and again)...and it would be nice to see her in an X-book next year.
    If not, giving her the PF and sending her off the to Askani future to be the Mother is a good ending to her story. I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I love that she'll have the Phoenix Force once again...I feel that they truly belong together (more-so than Jean, who has rejected it time and again)...and it would be nice to see her in an X-book next year.
    If not, giving her the PF and sending her off the to Askani future to be the Mother is a good ending to her story. I believe.
    Except for the fact that this is a serialized comic. There’s really no such thing as ending a story short of a character permanently being killed off or retired in a way too iconic to bring them back. After all that she’s been through, her being sent off to the future would be throwing her under the bus into limbo because Jean is back and a massive middle finger to her fans.

...and then some writer comes on board and brings her back into our timeline.

after all, as you said..."this is a serialized comic"...Characters go in and out of "limbo" all the time. I would think readers would know and understand this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ...and then some writer comes on board and brings her back into our timeline.

after all, as you said..."this is a serialized comic"...Characters go in and out of "limbo" all the time. I would think readers would know and understand this by now.
    Considering how badly that she's been written for the better part of the past 2 years, I don't find the character being thrown into limbo until a writer comes along who's interested in writing her to be a good thing. At that point, it's less a sendoff and more putting her out to pasture. And while characters go in an out of limbo all the time, it takes someone with an interest to bring them out. And with Jean back again, should she go into limbo, there's no telling when we'll actually see her again.

Considering how badly she's been written...unless a good writer has something in which she can be allowed to shine and be important as a character and part of a team, then Limbo is the safest place for her to be, regardless of how much she's loved and missed by the readers. I would rather my favourite characters be in limbo than see them written like shytty wallpaper (no matter if they appear in a hundred books, I'm not buying them)...but that's probably just me.

As to your last point, no one really knows what the X-Office has planned for her in relation to Jean being back. You might be right, and it will be a while before she's even brought back or you might be wrong.

Besides, I'm okies with her given her hopefully glorious send off because
    1: She deserves it.
    2: She's not my ONLY favourite character. As an X-Men fan I will survive and be happy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-08-2019 at 11:37 AM.

For me, while it’s terrible to be reduced to wallpaper, limbo is possibly an even worse fate since at that point they’re gone until someone has an interest in bringing them back period. At least if they’re still around it doesn’t fall into the out of sight, out of mind philosophy. Really just look at any non A-lister X-Men that have fallen off the radar especially Summers kids not named Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    For me, while it’s terrible to be reduced to wallpaper, limbo is possibly an even worse fate since at that point they’re gone until someone has an interest in bringing them back period. At least if they’re still around it doesn’t fall into the out of sight, out of mind philosophy. Really just look at any non A-lister X-Men that have fallen off the radar especially Summers kids not named Cable.
    If they are going to write her out, I would rather her stay on as a supporting character for Cable, in the future or the present, either way. She can provide support and occasionally backup for Cable. It might even be interesting if Cable becomes super overprotective of Rachel and refuses to let her go out in combat situations because he feels responsible for her capture. Going back I feel like Marvel should have kept Rachel as part of Cable's team going back to when she helped him in the Sisterhood storyline. From that point on I think it would have been good if they moved forward as a brother/sister team on an ongoing basis. It would make for some fun banter too as they get closer to each other, I could see them teasing each other in the middle of a battle, or having a weird argument when they are fighting someone together. Rachel has bordered on being a militant character in the past due to her background, it might be interesting for her to go all in with Cable to focus on the "mission" and doing things his way.

I sometimes envision Rachel’s Hound Marks when I see ..

If nothing else, Dark Phoenix Sophie could make for some fun fan film editing.

Mighty Member

To get us off the topic of moaning about Rachel's treatment, no matter how well deserved our whining is, I feel the need to stir some positive discussion.

If Rachel's life was made into a movie, what would be the plot and who would be cast as child Rachel, teen Rachel, and adult Rachel? What about a supporting cast?

Oh, the reason I asked this was because a long time ago Kinberg gave an explanation for why she was cut from Days of Future Past: http://x-menfilms.com/blog/2014/06/1...f-future-past/

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    To get us off the topic of moaning about Rachel's treatment, no matter how well deserved our whining is, I feel the need to stir some positive discussion....[/url]
    True that, well, for those who would like to see Rachel shine check out the latest chapter of my Marvel/DC crossover story "Convergence Point" (a young Rachel appears in the end scene). Warning she'll have a rough start in this universe but things will improve dramatically for our girl once the current storyline concludes -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Child Rachel
    Realistically Rachel existence is tied to Jean or sometimes Scott (but the Phoenix or Wolverine could be retconned as her father).
    I would also like Rachel and Jean to have a normal relationship and there would be a better chance for that if she was a child.

Incredible Member

If Rachel is to be introduced in MCU, I doubt she will be introduced as a child. One way is to involve time travel or second one is to have the current comic Rachel to travel to movie universe herself. Or they ignore the comics completely and make her Scott's distant relative instead of his daughter or maybe even his niece.
    Since her introduction is heavily tied to DoFP which I dont see happening with her in it, I doubt we will see anything like the comics.

Sophia Lillis in five years.

I’m building a film script in my head but I’m at Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    If Rachel is to be introduced in MCU, I doubt she will be introduced as a child. One way is to involve time travel or second one is to have the current comic Rachel to travel to movie universe herself. Or they ignore the comics completely and make her Scott's distant relative instead of his daughter or maybe even his niece.
    Since her introduction is heavily tied to DoFP which I dont see happening with her in it, I doubt we will see anything like the comics.
    I think introducing Rachel could be done in a TV series, you could even have the show revolve around her. You could show her in the DoFP future with Kate Pryde and their attempt to change history failed. In one last attempt to change the past Kate is able to bring the Phoenix back to Earth to merge with Rachel and take Rachel physically into the past. Rachel comes out in the MCU maybe where there are no mutants at all and she can't find her parents or anyone else and she has to try and figure out where the mutants are. This could eventually lead to her finally running into one of the MCU scientists who help her figure out she is from an alternate Earth and they open a portal to her world and it is the past in her world and now the MCU and the X-world are able to overlap storylines with each other. You could have two ongoing villains that followed Rachel into the MCU, Ahab and Nimrod who would be the antagonists in her series. You could even have Ahab take some Inhumans to try and turn them into Hounds to hunt Rachel down. Perhaps the Government would try to hunt Rachel too because they are concerned that this powerful cosmic force suddenly appeared on MCU Earth and they aren't sure where it came from.

I would say Rachel's finding a portal to the world where the mutants are would need to sync up with the first X-Men movie where she could be one of the characters in the movie. From there you could explore Rachel through the TV series, maybe forming Excalibur with the young Kitty Pryde and Kurt Wagner, while the movies continue to explore the X-Men themselves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think introducing Rachel could be done in a TV series, you could even have the show revolve around her. You could show her in the DoFP future with Kate Pryde and their attempt to change history failed. In one last attempt to change the past Kate is able to bring the Phoenix back to Earth to merge with Rachel and take Rachel physically into the past. Rachel comes out in the MCU maybe where there are no mutants at all and she can't find her parents or anyone else and she has to try and figure out where the mutants are. This could eventually lead to her finally running into one of the MCU scientists who help her figure out she is from an alternate Earth and they open a portal to her world and it is the past in her world and now the MCU and the X-world are able to overlap storylines with each other. You could have two ongoing villains that followed Rachel into the MCU, Ahab and Nimrod who would be the antagonists in her series. You could even have Ahab take some Inhumans to try and turn them into Hounds to hunt Rachel down. Perhaps the Government would try to hunt Rachel too because they are concerned that this powerful cosmic force suddenly appeared on MCU Earth and they aren't sure where it came from.

I would say Rachel's finding a portal to the world where the mutants are would need to sync up with the first X-Men movie where she could be one of the characters in the movie. From there you could explore Rachel through the TV series, maybe forming Excalibur with the young Kitty Pryde and Kurt Wagner, while the movies continue to explore the X-Men themselves.
    That would be too much effort for a relatively unknown character in TV space. There are many ways to introduce Rachel but two of the concepts she is strongly attached to is Phoenix and DoFP neither of which will be done in MCU anytime soon(10 years or so). The best way would be to have her be Jean's niece and let her be called Rachel Grey or have her be Cable's twin.